What do you EXPECT to see in TF3?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by DarthCrusher, Oct 29, 2009.

1. DarthCrusher

DarthCrusher Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Exactly what it says on the tin. Mind you, this is not "What do you WANT to see in TF3?", because we've had like 50 of those threads. What do you, realistically, think will happen/be in in TF3?

The one thing I'd like to see is people avoiding answers like "More of the same crap." We've not yet experienced pure Krueger Transformers (small additions to a movie written by two other guys as well do not count), and there were a ton of kerfuffles with the Writer's Strike last time, so let's give him a chance, people.

Anyways, I expect to see:
    • Unicron (sadly, as I wish they either wouldn't do him yet or would reinvent another lesser known "planetary threat" character)
    • More screentime for Soundwave.
    • Slightly reduced roles for the Twins.
    • Another combiner (possibly for the Autobots this time).
    • New bodies for some old characters (it's not really justifiable to sell the same, barely altered toys a third time, is it? Oh wait, Hasbro's been doing it for 25 years now. Ignore this item.)

2. *Soundwave*

*Soundwave* Derp

News Credits:
    I expect more Soundwave. Maybe some random appearances from Wheelie as part of the 'human bunch', with them, saying 'frickin' and stuff.

3. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    What I expect to see:
    Wheeljack

4. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I expect that we find out whatever happened to Barricade, but then that's just wishful thinking.

5. DarthCrusher

News Credits:
    I can totally see Wheelie as Mikaela's little slave-bot, following them around. Could lead to some good comedy. :) 

6. GuyverDarkHero

GuyverDarkHero Active Member

Definately more Soundwave give him his minions and and earth based alt mode. More of Sideswipe and develop the Construticons as Individual bots.........oh and less recycled character models.

7. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    Robots that turn into stuff. Beyond that, it's hard to say. There'll be humans too.

I expect many of the ROTF autobots won't get much screentime, because they'll have new characters, and new cars and toys to sell.

8. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    i won't lie, i expect it to have a completely shit story. ROTF had a decent story that was poorly executed IMHO. but i think TF3 will just be bad.

...and i will definitely see it five times in theaters.

9. *Soundwave*

*Soundwave* Derp

News Credits:

i expect to do this too.

also, i expect a lot more from BB

10. DarthCrusher

News Credits:
    Well, I can respect honesty. Personally, though, I think we should wait a little bit before judging the story. Who knows? It could be a pleasant surprise.

...ditto, so will I.

11. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Honestly, I expect a totally epic movie. I think Bay knows he could have done better, and I believe the writers strike fudged things up a bit. After hearing some things Bay said, I think he realizes the writers should write. As impatient as Bay is, I think he agreed to do the movie in 2011 BECAUSE OF HIS EGO. Seems he realizes this is the movie he was born to make, and I think the critics bruised he ego ever so slightly. Instead of letting it fester longer, he wants to make the movie NOW and set the record straight.

And he will make Megs and Primes final fight LEGENDARY. After the forest scene, I can see he's in the zone far as the action goes.

And I expect more destruction from the cons on the Autobot side.

12. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    Possibly. Here's the thing though. Hasbro and the studio said all along that the movie would be out in 2011. Bay said 2012, and then eventually changed to 2011. What I take from that is that either he capitulated, or they offered him more money. It may have been that it was going ahead with or without Bay, or he may have been bargaining with them.

13. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I expect Wheeljack and Shockwave for characters, but beyond that I'm not too sure. I also expect something topping the size or Devastator, be it another combiner or Unicron.

14. JetRaid

JetRaid Jhet Rheyd

News Credits:
    I think it would be one AWESOME movie if they had scenes like the forest fight.

15. deltaprime

deltaprime The Christian Transfan

1. The inevitable potty humor
    2. More baysploshuns
    3. Something huge and drastic will happen to the Autobots. Bay has to top having The Fallen in the movie. Even though he wasn't made out to be that much of a threat, he was meant to be the ultimate evil. So how can you top The Fallen then? As others said, probably Unicron.
    There was that rumor awhile back saying that Bay wanted to kill off Mikeala because he didn't like Megan Fox.....

16. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Unicron and galvatron

17. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    More of the same, and plenty of :bay 

Other than that I don't expect to see anything any more specific. Though it would be nice to see more of Soundwave, and some larger Autobots. Also, it's a bit early for any expectations.

18. blackjkb

blackjkb Banned

i wanna see hound as a new jeep

19. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, there is the rumor that unicrons gonna be in the movie. So I'm hoping they don't do the fantastic four 2 thing, and shroud him in clouds and smoke and crap. I would really like to see more character development would be nice. See more of sideswipe, that would be great. I love his design. I'd also like to see the twins get... Idk... Smart.. I like the designs, but the personalities need to evolve. And an explanation for the arcee debacle. OO! And ducons!! And shockwave! And more combiners!! So many combiners!! I think it should be a combiner war!!! That would be cool. Frreaaakin cool as hell. Oh, and I wanna see them communicate in vehicle modes.... More than what arcee and the twins did.. Like actual communication between them. Makin plans, being tacticle, prime giving directions "bb go that way, ih you're with me" in alt mode.. Cmon, not that hard!!

20. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

Well obviously you're going to see new characters, cause Hasbro needs new toys to sell.

For the Autobots I'm thinking we're going to finally see a movie-verse Hotrod/Rodimus. Probably Ultra Magnus, maybe someone else.
    Bay said on the DVD commentary that he was sad that they lost Jetfire(Yeah I know, then why kill him?) cause he liked the whole idea of the "old bot", and maybe bring that back in another character.
    So who knows, maybe we'll see a movie-verse Kup.

For Decepticons I'm thinking we'll see the Combaticons (Or at least a movie variation on the concept of them.) and if we're lucky, maybe an actual battle with Bruticus.

I'm also one who suspects that they might do the whole Unicron Scenario, mostly because it just feels so Hollywood.