What Do you expect Gameplay To be like?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by megatronski, Jan 17, 2010.

1. megatronski

megatronski Flamewar's strongest soldier

News Credits:
    I would like it if it was an Open world. kinda like the first movies game. You Have to fight through drones to get to your next mission?

What would you like?

2. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 Barely active here

News Credits:
    ... Waste free roam, and fight through drones to your next mission like Transformers: The Game?

No thanks.

3. mrfang2

mrfang2 leader of team rejects

News Credits:
    have a free ru mode with drone option, or have mission mode with storys

4. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If it's anything like Arkham Asylum we have a winner.

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Good.

6. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Satisfying.

7. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Walk, shoot, take cover.

The whole shooting generics

8. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    A free-rome mode would be nice, but it's not too important. Ultimately, I would like something Halo-ish. Especially when it comes to the multiplayer mode. If I get the game, I'll most likely be getting the PC version, so I'm not expecting it to be ubber awesome, as the PC versions are usually a bit watered down.

One thing I am really hoping for, is the ability to customize your own bot. Something along the lines of Halo's custom player profile options. Basically just color's, logo options, and maybe even some different helmet designs. Along with some weapon options.

9. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I expect it to have "active cover", as in cover that moves. You have to keep moving to other cover areas to stay alive. I'm mostly basing this on the trailer, since it shows Bumblebee hiding behind a shield that just popped up.

The cover won't be used as intensely as GOW, though. I expect a good melee system with axes/maces, etc. and interesting use of the powers or "special abilities". Transformation should be used effectively as a way to both get around and as a form of attack/defense, so you don't just run around in robot mode forever.

10. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

I expect it to be a free roam game, but I'll be happy with whatever game mode it ends up being. Just as long as the game is fun and cool to play, that's all what matters to me.

11. Xaddion

Xaddion ...

News Credits:
    I hope that there won't be too much balance issues regarding the different kinds of TF. For example, Jet TFs may end up being way more powerful than Tank TFs if their power of flight is not balanced correctly.

Seeing how it is strongly implied that throughout the campaign modes some TFs can only be used in certain places or levels, offering variety without undermining the plot can be challenging. Hopefully they will do it SSBB style where if there are 2 or 3 characters at some point in the plot, before the level starts you can choose which one to use.

12. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I expect it to be a more polished version of the ROTF game for 360/PS3. That game got a lot of things right and I for one really dug the trigger transformation.

13. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    Kinda want the gameplay to be like MGS 4.

14. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    anything transformers is good with me

15. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    Something like Final Fantasy would be cool.

16. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    Not sure what to expect, as there's not much info to go yet, but I'm hoping that it's going to be along the lines of Arkham Asylum, although with more action/conflict and less stealth.

I'm also hoping that the single player campaign is the focus, that it's long and has a solid storyline. I'm hoping any collectables are intuitive and possible to complete without resorting to online guides (fecking pigeons).

Finally I hope that multiplayer Trophies are kept to an absolute minimum.

17. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    I expect the gameplay to be a standard affair, similar to the Armada game.

I want the gameplay to make it feel like i'm playing a game that features Transformers, I just want to shoot, Transform and shoot some more (I had no problem with the ROTF game representing this style of Transformer games). I have no desire for stealth, or a cover system or some other convoluted idea stolen from a popular franchise that in the end will likely do more harm than good to gameplay.

18. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have a love-hate relationship with the movie-based game’s world. It is open and you can do a lot within it, but it is still limited, the force field locking the player inside a visible box was stupid. Rather than actually animating a force field or making it impossible for gamers to asses an area due to walls and what not, I’d rather the gamer be overwhelmed by the enemy, pushing the gamer back into the intended field of play, though designing the extra areas to lead the player to the intended target would work nicely too.

I thought the cover was activated by Autobots stepping near it and deactivated by them stepping away from it.
    Sounds good. I want the game to allow players to lock-on to the enemy targeted for melee attacks—no flaying strikes, please.

I’d be in favor in this so long as the vehicle mode isn’t always the starting/finishing point of a combo.

This is what I really hated about the movie game. Giving some characters long-range weapons and others low to mid-range and no possibility to upgrade sucks.

What’s SSBB?

I really, really hope this game doesn’t make the gamer hold down a button (at all times) to remain in the alternate mode. I HATED this about the movie game. Transformation needs its own button.

19. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    At a wild guess I say Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

20. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's better than knowing nothing at all (me a few minutes ago). Thanks for that. Never played the game--don't have any Nintendo machines--guess I'll have to go to YouTube to check it out.