What do you do?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by newguy, Aug 6, 2008.

1. newguy

newguy i

Ok so most TFW members are adults (i think) and i was wondering, what do you do with your TFs? Do you just leave them on a shelf and look at them? Do you play with them? Do you review them? Im thirteen so I still have some (ok a lot) of my child hood imagination in me. I didn't buy mine to look at them. Every day i have 20th prime decapitate movie Megs and brake his legs (a little violent but there is a story line). Some of you might make funnies or stop motions and i think that counts as playing with them. So what do you do with your TFs?

2. justinRODimus

justinRODimus Well-Known Member

well i'm 17 and yeah it's very childish, but i still play with them. i put them in neat poses, transform them back and forth (usually my most recent purchase). i'll technically be an adult by the end of the month but i'll still be a kid inside.

3. Necrophon

Necrophon Speaker of Death TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Mostly I just put 'em up on the shelf. But I do like to put them in cool poses or make a little fight scene from the movie or my imagination. So I'd say that counts as playing with them a bit. Also I always keep a few figures by the computer who get transformed and posed again and again when I get bored.
    I'm 32.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2008
  4. TheCuddlyDevil

TheCuddlyDevil Well-Known Member

I'm 23 and simply put I have fun transforming them and putting them in different poses every few days.

5. zeroXII

zeroXII metallicon

News Credits:
    Guilty as charged too.

Heck, my kid brother sometimes calls me childish (though he means it as a joke) everytime he sees his 25 year old brother make "kewl" sounds while transforming his figures. I usually transform my figures just to keep the dust off since its open space, till i get a glass display case. My entire classics and Animated collection stays at home, but i leave animated cyb. prime/megs and animated dinobots at work on my desk to entertain me. I'd love to have a MP Skywarp there, but i don't have the money to spare ATM.

6. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    I use them to fight computer viruses...no, seriously. My wife gets so furious when I make a mess of toys in my office so much that she can't go in the room. And (by some myrical) if she doesn't go on my computer, it doesn't get any viruses. So like I said...I use them to fight computer viruses.

7. LordStanley1893

LordStanley1893 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I pose them for display purposes. That's about it.

8. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

I Put them on a shelf and admire them. I lik eto put them in cool poses every so often too.

EDIT: I'm 34

Last edited: Aug 6, 2008
  9. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    im 20...n just staretd collecting.....i review them, pose them n take pics....and thinking of trying out some simple stop motions...i also have one figure which i dont like that much and im thinking of customizign it....its a movie voyager first strike optimus prime

10. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

Usually when I first get a new TF, I'll transform them a couple of times, take a picture or two (usually to post here), and then put them on the shelf. From time to time I'll switch the ones on shelves for some that I have stored in the closet just to keep things "fresh". I have been known to take a toy off the shelf from time to time to play with them as well!

11. RodimusPrime75

RodimusPrime75 Banned

I leave them in the box but would love to play with them if I had the time.

12. Omega Charge

Omega Charge CHARGE ON

News Credits:
    I pose them and stare at them a lot. I get out my new ones quite often, and they usually have some order when on the shelf, but the rest of the collection can get somewhat messy. I try to clean em up every few days, and I take out older figs when I get the urge to. I used to play out missions and such, but I don't find it as fun anymore. I'm 15 and I love them all.

13. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I still fiddle/transform/pose the toys frequently. (the term "finger food" might be applicable here) Though I don't smack them against each other and yell "Attack! PEW PEW PEW!!" like they do in commercials. Come to think of it, I didn't really do that much when I was a kid in the G1 days either.

14. Wazzpinator

Wazzpinator is playin ODST

Don't hurt me, but I'll frequently make Bumblebee pwn Barricade or have Prime go all Prime on Megatrons butt. Yeah. I play with em. Heck, I'll even lend a Prime voy. to my little brother and I get Megatron, and we fight to the robotic death.
    Of course, when I play with him, I make Megatron go all "pew, pew, pew!"
    But he always has a loop hole.

"Haha Prime! I'm going to blast you"! (pew, pew, pew)

"Well I open the Matrix!"

He actually did that. So I figured I lost.

15. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pretty much this, I'm just a little older than justinRODimus.

16. OldDirtyBot

OldDirtyBot ODB

My stuff at home is all MISB, but I have a good number of loose at my work office. I like coming up with different poses for them. But I like to keep them in one mode, actually transforming them is not really as much fun for me anymore. But many of my co-workers have to come by and do some daily transforming, and afterwards I always have to come up with new poses.

17. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I put little hats and coats on them and hold tea parties.

Seriously, though, I keep them on display and transform and/or fiddle with many of them on a regular basis.

18. Prowl_Delta_31

Prowl_Delta_31 Eating your donuts

News Credits:
    26 here and mostly mine stay on a shelf unless my little girl wants to play with one but she has some cool activators now so Dad's TF's aint that cool. Lately I have keeping everything MISB and butting them in tubs in the attic. I will break a few out and Transform them after a hard nights work though.

19. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    Thank God for Tiny Hats being open on Sundays now, right?

I'm almost 33 (you still have one shopping day people!) and I don't know what I would call it. I don't do the PEW PEW thing either, well not all the time, but I more than just transform them back and forth. I'll pose them, admire them, make them worship me. Most days they sit on a shelf, but that's more when they've been around awhile. Although guys like MP Prime still get taken down off the shelf every so often and fiddled with.

hehe I said fiddled.

20. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    You guys seem weird to me o_O 

Thirteen here and I play the hell out of them, so far as to give them little storylines and battles and stuff.