What do you do with your TF boxes?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Cal, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Read title. Do you chuck 'em, save 'em or keep your Transformers MISB? For me, I'm more likely to save boxes of anything larger than a Deluxe if I have the space. But since there's no clean way to take a Transformer out of a card, it usually ends up in the bin. The card, that is, not the Transformer. I always save the instructions in any case.

2. xion14

xion14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I put them in a box.

3. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Throw them away.

Wasn't there a similar thread like this last month?

4. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

Depends on what it is. If it's movieverse, I usually toss the packaging, for G1 or G1esque figures, I usually keep the packaging.

5. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

Probably. These crop up every once in while, but so what? Not everyone who posts here is here every day or even every week and some may miss out on discussions from a while ago.

6. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey, at least it's better than asking who you'd like to see next in the Classics line. :rolleyes: 

7. Lord Shockwave7

Lord Shockwave7 Xbox Live Dictator

They are clean and organized in my closet, not just my TF stuff though. My AvP, Ghost Rider, Halo, Ghost Busters, and Star Wars boxes are all visible from where I currently sit. I'd be a horder if my collection was bigger than 20 items. I'm a small collector only because Im more interested in DVD's and comics.

8. Cracka J

Cracka J TURD PARTY DUMPSTERPIECE TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I used to save the boxes back when cybertron toys were out. Then I ran out of room and tossed everything. I do still hold onto the instruction manuals now, but that's about it.

I still try to hold onto boxes for imports and the like. Anything smaller then a voyager though, to the trash with you.

9. Kevin XI

Kevin XI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I keep the cards for my deluxes, I throw away half the voyager boxes, I keep all the leader boxes, I throw away the supreme boxes. I usually don't throw away any packaging from imported TF's.

10. Manok

Manok Well-Known Member

trash can all day long broski. fistbump.

11. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I keep them in my closet some of them are in boxes.

12. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

For carded ones, I tend to keep the cards and chuck the blisters. Most boxed ones, I'll cut off the back and chuck the rest (I'm not even sure why anymore :p ). Some boxes, I keep.

13. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

I save the boxes and put them in a big box.When the big box is full,I add it to the stack with all the others.I've got a big basement,so space isn't a problem yet.Not sure why I save them,maybe if I would decide to sell anything down the road.

14. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    I chuck all cards away. Masterpiece boxes, boxes from third party companies, and reissue boxes I keep.

15. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For the majority of carded figures, I scan the back of the card into my computer and throw out the physical copy. For Voyagers and larger figures, I cut out the bio/stats and scan those into my computer, then throw out the physical box. The only packages I keep are for figures that are limited editions (OFTCC exclusives) or potentially fragile items (FansProject stuff, Masterpiece figures, etc).

16. AMG

AMG Old School

I gut boxes, throw out all the insides, then break them down for storage.

17. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    I open a few bust as of right now I mostly keep them in package. I'm waiting to buy a bookshelf or display case to display them in. After that I will open most of them. I also keep a few packages but I mostly throw them away when I do open them. If I ever buy a G1 TF with package I would certainly keep it.

18. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only time I keep my boxes is when I haven't opened up my toys. Otherwise I throw them away even if they a MIB G1 vintage boxes - so there's no "second thoughts of reselling" them. Its akin to "no retreat, no surrender" for me! :) 

19. Zambot

Zambot Pixarian Artobot

News Credits:
    For carded deluxes like CHUG stuff, I carefully use an x-acto, to separate the bubble from the card. Take out the insert in the window and the instructions then trash the bubble. Keep all the card backs with insert and instructions stacked and wrapped tight with some kinda of wrapping paper or butcher paper and taped shut and neatly put away! Bam! Don't waste no space!

For larger voyager boxes I carefully cut the tape on all edges and tabs, take out the inside bubbles and toss. Keep any inserts and the instructions, then I flatten the box along it's factory fold lines, fold the flaps in to save space and stack all the voyager boxes. Then wrap just like the deluxes.

This way I can kinda get the best of both worlds. I still have the boxes/card backs all minty and nicely compacted to save space. Plus I can display my figures for all to enjoy! :wink: 

For all limited edition/exclusive or 3rd Party (Fansproject stuff) I usually keep everything just the way it came. Since there is less of that stuff I'm not as concerned with saving space.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2011
  20. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

I save everything.