What do you do w/ your influance?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by taterx, Nov 10, 2007.

1. taterx

taterx Lurkin since Transfandom

I've been lurking on these boards for years and posting only a short while, and I was wondering what do the web masters, contributors, and perhaps even the moderators due to direct talent to wards Hasbro/Takara Tommy as far as genius shows of talent and potential go? Things like KingStarscream's classics Punch/Counterpunch or Redline's Stunticons/Menasor. Their are some people on these boards whose talents match their passion.

If somebody has risen from the ranks to actually have an influence on the fandom as far as the toy designs go, I missed it so please excuse me.

Any feedback from you cats would be greatly appreciated.

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Two words for you.

Don Figuero.

He started out as a fan like you or me, making customs and fanfic. He went on to do art for Dreamwave, especially the War Within designs, and he has helped to design loads of cool TFs in the last few years - Classics Jetfire, a good chunk of the Titanium line, and loads more that I honestly cannot remember right now.

There's others who have broken into the TF comics, but if you want a success story, Don's your man.

3. taterx

Wow I travel so much and hit the boards only on the weekend so that got by me. I'm well aware of his work and I'm a big fan. Apparently so are the IDW folks as they have stuck to his script in ways. I'll try to keep abreast here in the future to see the next one of us rise from the ranks, the talent showcased here in these boards is bond to launch a few more.

4. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

I didn't know that and am also familiar with his work. Good story!

5. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Yeah, I remember seeing a lot of Don's art and custom figures several years ago, and I'm thrilled he made it to where he is now. So is my toy shelf!

6. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    True that there are some really exceptional people here. It would be awesome if someone from here could influence Michael Bay to make a great sequel plotline and less shaky cam.. That would be a real success story.

7. taterx

Ha, a Mikey Bay crack will crowbar its way into any conversation now won't it.

Back on point things like those freaking stunticons done by redline got me wondering, those are so much better than the modern day energon combiners they should give a guy like that a job or at least sub contract him to work on a proper classics combiner team, I'll try to forget my dodo devastater repaint. Boo that pipe footed piece of...

8. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    Yeah I've been a fan of Don's work since Macromasters, before most people didn't know who he was.

9. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    dont forget dan khanna. he even had his fanart as a wee lil lad appear in the original US marvel comics run.

10. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I remember Macromaster. It had some pretty good art.

11. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    He is the one who designed the Crapanium line? Poor guy, I don't know if I'd admit to that. Now, Classics Jetfire is all sorts of cool.

12. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    hey, those toys don't match his designs all the way, they shortcutted a lot of his stuff. he's mentioned it before.

13. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He didn't make the toys. Hasbro/Takara did. He was the one that created the designs and transformations for them. Not his fault many of these toys couldn't balance well.

14. Johnator

:D 

15. Johnator

If they made a set of Stunticons like Redline's I would definitely buy a set or three! Those things are amazing. I am still impressed with his work on those!

16. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    :redface2: 

17. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Well, if you're going to give the man props, at least spell his name correctly:

http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Don_Figueroa

There's also Daniel Ross, a TF fan who landed the dream gig of the voice of Starscream for the TF movie video game:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=133046

And I've seen some tfw2005 vets as well as some other well-known names among the TFandom involved with the production on and credited on the Rhino TF DVD sets, as well as the Sony release of the TF movie.