What do you do to support your Transformers collecting!

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Grifter Prime, Apr 29, 2008.

1. Grifter Prime

Grifter Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Right now, I'm starting to work on a oil rig near the middle / end of May. I'll be earning about 2100/week.:drool:  So my next collecting project (after all my debts get paid off) will be a Fort Max!:bowdown: 

so what do you all do to fund your collecting?

2. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    full time 3rd shift maintenance worker for walmart about $225 a week.

Just finished my rid collection with scourge. Hopefully I can finish the allspark power and the last wave of real gears before I start on the premium line.

3. jazz4ever

jazz4ever I'm turned on by numbers

housework and yardwork and brushing my moms hair for a half hour for a dollar

4. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I recently got a part time job and work some nights and many weekends to support events like the Botcon. It pays $21.50 per hour in eight hour shifts. I make much more on my day job, but the extra cash really helps.

5. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

Video Technician is my main job, but I work at a convenience store for gas money. So any leftover or unclaimed money that I make goes to toys.

Right now I've started to sell some of my collection (items I'm just not that into) to get new stuff.

6. Paladine

Paladine Well-Known Member

I work full-time at a large defense contractor. I'd tell you what I really did, but then I'd have to kill you.

7. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    I work for the Nationals. Which some might say is more punishment than anything else.

8. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    Selling toys on eBay and off my website. They pay for themselves.

9. rework

rework The Voice of Experience

I set up a booth at Botcon every year to sell the extras I find at flea markets and pick up in collections. It's a lot of work, but pretty much makes my collection free.

10. betetta

betetta guitar face

i'll go back to freelance website design for a while to support all the extra stuff i'll be buying this year from TF universe.

and i thought that this year would be low in TF purchases (finally)... silly me

11. LordStanley1893

LordStanley1893 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well I'm still in College. But I work part time as a night manager of a carwash to feed my plastic crack habit.

12. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    I just don't buy $#!t else. I only wear white shirts and jeans, I only buy one pair of shoes a year, since I have a vintage collection of Jordans and Nikes (all in immaculate condition). I buy gas food, pay rent and cell phone, save about 50 bucks a week, and the 100 extra dollars goes to my TF habit. Probably work every other saturday for the time and a half over the next month, that should give me the extra 350 i want to blow on the animated line.

13. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

:lol 

I work a lot over the holidays and breaks between semesters (just not quite able to worry about classes and a job at the same time anymore) and save up that money. Selling other stuff I have is a big help as well, but I'm nearly at my limit with that.

Oh yeah. Sometimes I'll go into the city and turn tricks.

:lol 

14. unicronhq

unicronhq Banned

News Credits:
    Work for the fine state of Arizona in the Arizona Dept of Transportation- Motor vehicle Division (MVD)....

I make people very scared when they do road tests :D 

basically a glorified paper pusher ...but it pays the bills mostly and buys the TF's...mostly...except those damned Botcon Seekers LOL....

15. razorchrist

razorchrist Sniper

I'm the Marketing & Promotions Director for an international music label - whom I prefer not to name here. On the side, I also DJ at various nightclubs two or three Fridays or Saturdays a month which is an easy $500 per gig, and I run my own freelance design company that handles CD, apparel & poster/flyer design for a couple dozen bands, indie labels & nightclubs.

Other than Transformers, I only actively collect CD's & DVD's. For the most part, I choose to spend my money on stuff like travelling, the odd concert once in a while... and WAY too much on Starbucks everyday. I don't buy new expensive clothes every month, blow hundreds of dollars drinking every weekend, pimp out my car or any of the usual shit that people my age typically do. Though TF collecting is definitely becoming a full fledged addiction again, so I gotta watch it :)  Plastic crack, indeed.

16. dougzx9

dougzx9 Wish I were here

I make my wife work an extra shift at work if I want something new.

Stay at home Dad FTW!!

17. soundwave86

soundwave86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I work at a toystore, it's not as fun as it sounds.

18. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm the service manager at a vending/amusement company. Man I miss being a tech. Money is better now but I had more fun working on stuff than I do telling others to do stuff.

19. Ace96

Ace96 Well-Known Member

Mechanical engineer. Damn plastic crack is expensive. I also sell old toys from my childhood on ebay at times to help fund the addiction.

20. DJ Soundwave

DJ Soundwave Action Figure Master

I 'm a DJ and a Musician , and I make music beats and sell them ....... in addition I work at a Music Store .