What do you do to cheer up when you're down?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Omega Supreme-1, Oct 8, 2007.

1. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

I write music, Usually take a song in a language I dont understand And try to put words on them ...its usually a way to try to forget why Im down, if not some videogames -specially puzless in my case do the work quite nicely

2. lildevilchick

lildevilchick what the doctor ordered

Well, if I have the neccessary ingredients and such lying around, I'll bake. Otherwise I'll blast some nice hard core rock music loud enough for the world to hear and sing along until I'm hoarse...actually, I usually do both. My friends say it's fun to watch me bake while I'm "ragin" around the kitchen. I get in a zone where nothing bothers me.

3. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    I suddenly have a vision of you headbanging and flinging flour all over the kitchen.

4. lildevilchick

lildevilchick what the doctor ordered

I can't say I haven't done that. But usually when I'm in my "zone" I make very little mess. I just follow the beat and everything flows together. That's why a lot of kitchens play music for their back of house employees.

5. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James The JUICE

So you are the one doing that :Gouki: 

What I do to cheer up is play games or hang with my friends.

Also - Dump the gal. Her mom is a witch, and she doesn't seem too far behind.

6. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Step 1 Play Rise of Nations.

Step 2 Use WMD´s cheat.

Step 3 Enjoy and laught maniacly as your oponents burn in an orgy of nuclear fire.

Works when I´m down.

7. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    I drive with my windows down and listen to music or watch my fav tv show like heroes or THe OC or any eighties show or play halo just do something to get your mind of the things that are bothering i am also agreeing that you need to dump the girl. Do stuff that doesnt remind you of the situation.

8. Harbinger

Harbinger ecnayonnA

play voilent video games. dispite what some parental groups say, they do good for people.

9. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

I do it with the pedal kind, because I thought it would be cheaper. It's not.

Anyway, you know what they say about look at a girl's mom to see what she'll be at that age? It doesn't just apply to looks. It applies even more to personality. Trust me on that. You really, REALLY need to lose that girl. Sooner, rather than later. I've been down the path of being in love with someone who'd sooner kick me in the nuts than say hello. It was rough breaking it off, but it had to be done.

As for feeling better? Find something that either makes you laugh, or allows you to redirect your anger and do it until you feel better. Guitar allows me to redirect my anger. Beat the crap out of something and you'll always feel better. Fighting with my dogs is a good way to blow off some steam. I'm lucky though, I've got two big pups that wouldn't actually hurt anybody, but they can fight hard with people. No biting, just lots of rough-housing and smacking eachother around. Feels good.

As for laughing? Watch some shitty comedy. Make fun of your coworkers. Punch somebody in the scrum. Toss someone in front of a train. Whatever makes you laugh.

10. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I haven't read the thread but did anyone catch the warning bell?

Being accused of cheating for no reason? running hot and cold, and my fav, "I wouldn't blame you if you did have a girl on the side?"

I don't know you and I don't know this girl but I would stop using your heart for a bit and allow your brain to see things.

As for down,

Get with friends
    Have a personal session with the buddah
    sex, sex and more sex.
    Go out, be social
    Hit the gym
    and just the basic realization that..."this too shall pass"

Thanx
    Transbot90210

11. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Just to respond to what Moonscream said, it actually reminded me of..... well.... haha well the sudden change in mood :/ are you sure she just isn't PMSing? :lol 

12. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We Exist, and We DON'T Want to Date You

News Credits:
    True, true! :lol 

That's what made me wonder if she might be pregnant, tho it is quite possible she's just had a ramp up in hormones. It really can make you nuts enough to say stuff that you wouldn't normally say, like questioning your mate about cheating even when you *know* they're faithful. And the fact that her mom's clearly not quite right in the head could also indicate there's something genetic going on that might be manageable with the right care, like PMS is. Maybe a general checkup with the doctor would be a good idea.

I wouldn't drop her at this point like so many others are saying, not until he knows for sure what's going on with her. Heck, how many of US come from moderately effed up or worse parents - is it really fair to not give others a little benefit of the doubt and a chance to be better than that?

--Moony, who uses nice long drives when she needs to clear her head and think about things