What do you count?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by M-Prime, Feb 3, 2006.

1. M-Prime

M-Prime Banned

What do you count when counting pieces in your collection? Do you count each individual piece or group them together? For example do you count each minicon/micromaster/targetmaster/etc individually, or do you count the minicon/headmaster/etc. with its respective partner (if applicable)?

2. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Comic Ink - Dublin, CA

News Credits:
    I figure if it can stand alone without affecting the other bot it counts (no Headmasters unless they are spare heads since the other bot would not be whole, Targetmasters & Minicons on the other hand would count) I also only count combiners as 1 if they are displayed combined, seperate if they are not :) 

3. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    i count everything, except headmasters heads, cuz of the reason above...gestaults are seperate entitities,and so are mincons and target masters....the only thing i dont count are duplicates

4. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I count everything seperate unless it's a flesh creature, such as a Headmaster. Also, I count as one any Duocon-type scenario, where seperate alt modes make one robot mode, ala Tidal Wave or Magmatron.

5. Pidgeot018

Pidgeot018 Pok├ęcon

I don't count my McDonald's, PVC or Microverse Beast Wars toys.

6. iDarkDesign

iDarkDesign Rodeo Lawyer

News Credits:
    I tend to count names. So every 'name' will be one. For Japanese headmasters this means a transtector + HM is 1. but for US headmasters it's body + HM = 2.

Or something like that. Counting like that I have a total that's somewhere between 850 and 950.

I don't count duplicates, but I do count repaints. Even if it's named the same too. If only one of you could be called John would be weird right?

iDD

7. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I have never stopped to count my collection. I doubt I ever will.

8. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I count each and everyone one of them as a soul. ;)  If it has a name, it deserves to be counted.

9. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Applauds! I lost count of my collection in the late 90's, and I too doubt I will ever make a full count again.

10. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I knew I was over 800 last year, and I was curious. I was excited to get over the 1000+ mark last year, like my goofy uncle and his odometer on his old pickup. :lol 

11. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Never really counted my collection, but I generally consider:

- Each Minicon counts as one figure.
    - "Masters" count as an accessory of the larger figure and not a separate toy. Given that Predaking's gun has a more complex transformation than most Targetmasters, I can't see counting them as separate toys.
    - Knock-offs don't count.
    - Significantly damaged figures aren't counted.
    - If I have more than one copy of a figure, I only count one and ignore the extras (the extras usually tend to be damaged anyways).
    - Repaints and kitbashes don't count.
    - Each member of a gestalt team counts as an individual figure. The combined mode is not counted as a separate toy.

12. ChErikS

ChErikS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't count headmasters, powermasters, or targetmasters as separate figures. If a minicon comes with a larger bot I don't count it either.
    I count a minicon or micromaster set as one figure.
    I don't count pvc's.
    If a figure comes with smaller figures that I can not imagine being sold by themselves I don't count them (ex. the smaller figers that come with city bots)
    I also count all gestalt team members as separate figures.

13. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  14. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Mostly integers. Sometimes fractions and decimals, but they make my brain go "ow."

15. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    To quote a friend of mine from work:

16. Autobot Dave

Autobot Dave Photobot

I count everything but combined modes.

For example, I'll count the six Constructicons, but I won't count Devastator.

I suppose Headmasters and the like could be thought of as combined modes, but I count the robot and the Nebulan. Damned Nebulans.

It's easy as pie.

Mmm... Pie.

Have fun, gang!!!

17. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i like to count my TFs. and when i do, i count out loud, make thunder noise and go "ah-ah-ah!".

18. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

I count characters. if it has a name, it counts. that includes accessory bots like roller, scamper, etc. also for that reason, every minicon counts as an individual, as do all the masters. the only thing I don't count is combined gestalts. devastator does not count, but the six individual cons do. every minicon counts as an individual, as do all the masters, for the and I don't count things like myclone, pvcs, etc.

19. Brodimus Prime

Brodimus Prime Matrix Templar

News Credits:
    I'm around 200. I figure if it is a sentient lifeform that can function on its own, then it counts. EXAMPLE: with Stepper and Knightstick I count them as 2 figs because Knightstick could function on his own without Stepper and vice versa. However, I count Brave Maximus as 1 fig because Max can't function without Plasma and Brave. The same thing goes for the Micron. I count Sparkplug, Leader-1, and the others as individual figs. The Pretenders, like Roadgrabber for instance, I count as 1, even though they can split.

20. Blackstar

Blackstar Aaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! TFW2005 Supporter

I count every piece on my shelves as part of my collection. Thus, my Energon Optimus Prime pen that transforms is part of the total number of my collection, as it is a piece of Transformer memorabilia. I do not, however, have much memorabilia, 99% of it is actual figures.