What do we think will happen in tf IDW post Unicron?

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by ultramagnus1, Dec 30, 2017.

1. redconvoy

redconvoy Redconvoy

Ebay:

One has to wonder if Rodimus and the others will be in it. I like the synopsis. I got a good laugh out of it.

2. hardlurk

hardlurk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Do you mean, like, a combiner... made of titans???

• Like Like x 1
  3. ultramagnus1

ultramagnus1 Well-Known Member

Let's wait and see....

4. Ricky Spanish

Ricky Spanish Well-Known Member

There's five Unicrons and his own creations to contend with.

5. Boatformer

Boatformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    The Unicronbiner?

• Like Like x 4
  6. Grimlock528

Grimlock528 Well-Known Member

Star Saber takes Unicron out with his sword.
    Too soon?

• Like Like x 2
  7. hardlurk

News Credits:
    Whenever new solicits come out I grab the links and stick them in a dumb little HTML file so I can check them later and get angry about eternally delayed release dates. Here's a screenshot:
    [​IMG]
    That's the originally intended release schedule for everything that's already been solicited plus a couple things that will obviously follow. (There's also going to be another ROM annual sometime unless Amazon is lying to me, but IDK when). Then comes the Unicron event. Roberts is being cryptic about there being something special about LL #19/20. I'm guessing they're part of the event and it will be another LL/OP crossover. Which might be the finale for both.

Consider this: Unicron #0 + LL #19-23 + OP #19-23 + Unicron Finale would be a 12-issue limited series like Dark Cybertron, and 57 + 23 = 80, so they could go back to the original titles and be like "hey look we hit #80 like the original series!!!", and the "zomg UNICRON!!! it's the END of the UNIVERSE!!!" factor could hype up sales enough to justify that many issues (or not, I obviously have no idea). Or the Unicron event could just be a 5-issue mini-series.

LL #13-18 are shaping up to be a finale in themselves, and my sources (I don't have any sources, I just follow the comic book gossip on the internets) say Roberts was pressured to finish up his series so all his A-list characters could be freed up for the event. Can't fight Unicron without Rodimus and Ultra Magnus!

• Like Like x 2
  8. Boatformer

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Hmm. That... does seem plausible, I admit.
    The biggest thing is that 3 issues doesn't seem like nearly enough for a Roberts Finale, considering that he's spending 2 issues on the Scavengers.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Another reason I think all this doomsday stuff about LL ending is jumping the gun.

• Like Like x 2
  10. hardlurk

News Credits:
    Floppy sales are lower than TAAO's were when it was axed. Unless Unicron-hype or finale-hype work, they're not going to improve and will likely get lower. Roberts recently posted on Twitter that we're heading "Towards The End". It's only a question of when.

11. Boatformer

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Yeah, there's no way that "Season 3" isn't the end of both titles. The question is just when exactly the end will come. I can't see them running more than 25 issues, and given that I think it's very likely that they'll end them on 23 for that "total of 80 issues".

12. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    first of all, Optimus would be pissed Rodimus got Megatron lost in an alternate universe, get shat on by Prime some more but then be like oh shit, Roller what's up my bro.

The whole time between events in OP and LL is so jarring and strange.

as for what I think will happen. I honestly think we'll see a proper reboot in the near future like in 2020 or so. enough time to have everything wrapped up.

We need some new blood and it'd be great to start things all over again and go in a new direction.

• Like Like x 1
  13. hardlurk

News Credits:
    If we get a new writer it will probably somebody who hasn't been paying attention to IDW and whose pitch is "I loved that cartoon when I was a kid, I have a *ton* of wacky ideas xD". Someday, maybe, there will be working writers who feel same way about MTMTE.

• Like Like x 1
  14. ultramagnus1

ultramagnus1 Well-Known Member

It may be the end of the current ongoings.

But may not be the end of this continuity

• Like Like x 5
  15. justiceg

justiceg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey! Where were you reading this? I’m not questioning it at all, just didn’t realize there were any other places where this was gossiped about on the net.

16. hardlurk

News Credits:
    There are always anonymous "my uncle works at Nintendo and he says..." stories on /co/. There's no way to know what's real and what's bullshit until the bullshit comes true. You might think it's all bullshit, but no, people who work in the industry do read and post on 4chan sometimes.

• Like Like x 1
  17. osenator

osenator Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would love to see someone else new from IDW doing the Transformers but I doubt it Hasbro would bother with it. They have already invested a lot of time and money making toys based on the comics. Redoing it all the work of getting new contacts, concepts and such with a new company is not worth it I think to Hasbro. Comics are not doing good, as Marvel and others. IDW to loose Transformers licenced would bee hard and the comics to really tank hard. I think a reboot won't happen too, but I do expect new teams of writers and artists in the future.

18. justiceg

justiceg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow, and I thought *this* forum (including myself) was tough on Roberts!! A couple of pages in and yiiiiiiike....=)

19. Negativedark

Negativedark Stealth Gesalt

The Lost Light will embark on a new quest, to find the legendary planet of Equestria and the Elements of Harmony to repair the damage done by Unicron, but now they'll be accompanied by ROM, a few GI Joe Members, a Visionary, and some random other characters from other properties. Earth will be infiltrated by the Go-Bots, but it'll turn out the Rock Lords were there the whole time. Jem and the Holograms will be surprisingly good. Optimus Prime will try to retire, but be drawn back in. The Inhumanoids will be alluded to, but still won't actually show up, rather it'll turn out to be the Intruder aliens from GI Joe.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Grimlock528

Grimlock528 Well-Known Member

As quick as you came up with this, is about how quick IDW came up with the shared universe.