What do we really like about TFs

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by newguy, Jul 29, 2008.

1. newguy

newguy i

What do you really like about Transformers? The big explosions and fighting robots in the show, the plot line, or the toys to make your own adventure? #1 fpr me would be the toys (there freakin awesome) The big fights come secound, and then the plot. Now i don't mean i want fighting robots and no plot but seriously would you watch Transformers if there w2asn't any fighting. So dont get me confused with Michael Bay :bay 

2. Elita_One

Elita_One Метал для життя

I love the awesome characters and the sounds they make <3

3. soundwaves man

soundwaves man Guest

for me its the toys

4. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Robots! the Colors! the designs! the individual characters!

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    For me, it's the various styles, characters and robot designs (and the engineering of the transformations of said designs) that make Transformers a winner for me. And of course, how all this translates to the toys.

6. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    The transforming, any toyline that features transforming toys is step above the others, in my opinion.

Also the general Sci-fi theme is pretty cool.

7. DaraRex2.0

DaraRex2.0 I'd totally eat the leaf

The names. Skywarp is just awesome, it's self explanatory. He's skyward, and he warps. Sky..warp. Optimus Prime. Ironhide. Megatron. Star..scream. Pure love there.

8. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    Gold Plastic Syndrome. Yeah.

9. iluvu_superion

iluvu_superion Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    when you can only pick one toy, you can never go wrong with a transformer...

me: two toys in one...WOW...cool...i want this mom...
    mom: no...
    me: *cry cry cry*
    mom: okay...here you go...
    me: YEAY!!!

10. Kando

Kando Well-Known Member

I like how they transform into stuff

11. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love TFs for the following reasons - designs (most of them), characters (G1 although had limited character development but I was amazed and charmed by the different personalities) and storylines (especially in the Marvel US/UK comics).

12. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    Simple: warrior robots that transform into things like military jets, sports cars, tanks, etc. It doesn't get much more awesome than that. Add to the mix a vast variety of characters, personalities, styles, colors, kick ass cartoons & comics, and additional bells & whistles like combiners & triple-changers, it's a perfect storm of coolness... and it still surprises me that TF haven't been THE single most popular toy ever made since they hit the market 25 years ago. :) 

13. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Just imagine, being to almost instantly tranform into something bigger, faster, stonger. Then later, being able to hide in plain sight? Who wouldn't want that ability? Besides, Transformers is a very pleasant fantasy. There are far worse habits/hobbies than collecting Transformers, TF Comics, TF DVDs, etc. Finally, I will agree with above sentiment, Transformers are plastic crack.:wink: 

14. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    definitely the characters, and the toyline...i mean, any other action figure never got to me, even when i was a kid...now, at 21, im collecting tranformers, simply coz the toys are so cool...the way they transform n all...for me, the cartoon is just alright....fun to watch, but the fighting robots n all isnt that great... thats why i like animated better than G1, better dialogue, humour etc.. so for me, its the toys mainly...i wont go out today n buy a batman figure, or hulk or power ranges or watever the other figures u see in stores..coz theyre simply not as cool :D  and the cartoon is quite a nice secondary temptation, if u will

15. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    This......ooooooh yes, this.....

That's a perfect description. 2 military-like robot faction waging war throughout the universe while adopting the forms of the planet's vehicles to keep a low profile and for infiltration........ok, maybe a bit too long...

16. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

What do we really like about the Transformers?

Let's see... the fact that each character has his/her own personality, that they feel emotions just like humans. Then, there's the fact that we have all the toys, shows, movies, comics, etc. that we take pleasure in indulging them, if not all parts of the franchise then at least 1-2 continuities. And, of course, some of these Transformers have bad-ass alt modes... like, Bumblebee as the new Camaro in the '07 movie! How many of you are just dying to get your hands on that car, so you can say that you drive the Bee?

17. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    They're robots that turn into things. What's not to love?

18. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I admire Transformers toys for being absolute marvels of engineering. The fact that they represent a cast of compelling characters with a rich and entertaining mythos is an added bonus.

19. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    The robots, the plotline, then the toys

20. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    For me it's being able to transform something from one form to another. Part of the fun is imagining how to transform the toy for the first time without using the instructions. Plus cars, trucks and tanks are cool :D 

The cartoons and comics are ok as well, but I really don't need any media to enjoy the toys.