What do u think of wheeljacks cg model?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by modzprime29, May 15, 2011.

?

Do you like wheeljacks cg model?

1. Yes, I love it!!

48 vote(s)
    45.7%
  2. It's ok, not big fan of it.

37 vote(s)
    35.2%
  3. No, it looks ridiculous.

18 vote(s)
    17.1%
  4. No, I HATE!!

2 vote(s)
    1.9%
  1. Suchus Prime

Suchus Prime Well-Known Member

Hopefully he gets a mask because that face is one prime would even stay away from.

2. jametron

jametron Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE! Taste Kittens…

News Credits:
    Yeah, real creative... "Hmmmm, how do we get the audience to understand this alien robot is a genius? Dialogue? Exposition? Character development? I know! We make him look like a well regarded human genius... it makes complete sense!"

Yep, about as creative as a 7 year old would come up with. And for the record I'm not normally a TF Movie basher... but this WJ head design is just plain stupid IMHO.

3. Hiraga

Hiraga BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL

News Credits:
    Yeah, that actually is creative. Much more creative than having him look the same way he has for thirty years now, which I imagine is what you would have done. The head design is awesome, IMO it's one of the best translations from G1 to live action we've gotten. Wheeljack was always a goofy scientist, and now he looks the part.

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2011
  4. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    I dig it.

5. Stryker055

Stryker055 Trying my best here!

Ebay:
    From what I've seen, it's awesome. Like Hiraga said, it's a really cool and creative design. I think a straight-up G1 homage would have been boring in both toy and movie.

Oh, well. Haters gonna hate, yo.

6. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Fanboy.

7. Hiraga

News Credits:
    I c wat u did thar.

I'm not accusing anybody of being a fanboy though. I'm saying that when someone sees a face that has some actual character to it other than 'OH LOOK AT THAT BADAZZ ROBOT I BET HEZ BADAZZ LOL' (i.e. Sideswipe or Mirage), they instantly think that it's the Twins all over again.

8. Santoanderson

Santoanderson Well-Known Member

I really can't take anyone seriously who looks at this design and calls it creative genius. To me it looks like they took one part Albert Einstein, one part Ludwig Von Drake, and a little bit of Johnny Five and threw together a composite.

My main problem with WJ is the lack of uniformity of design between his head and the rest of the Autobot heads.

[​IMG]

I am a designer... I second the "Fanboy" claim.

9. Hiraga

News Credits:
    Of course you do. Because anyone that defends the design is a fanboy. Even though I really don't think DOTM looks all that special, and I have many criticisms with what we've seen so far, I'm a fanboy because I happen to adore the design of Wheeljack.
    I'm not calling you guys haters, like so many countless people do. Because I'm sure you hate that. So I won't do it, because I'm above simple name calling.

If that's the case, then I'm sorry that you think so ridiculously high of yourself that you think your opinion is superior to anyone else's. :( 

Last edited: May 15, 2011
  10. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    My guy right here.

11. Stryker055

Stryker055 Trying my best here!

Ebay:
    I'm not saying the head design itself is a creative design; it's your generic Einstein/Mad Scientist head but roboticized. I think it's creative in using it as a head for Wheeljack, considering he is the Autobot's Einstein/Mad Scientist.

I dunno. To each his own.

12. wowzers

wowzers Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i think its a nice design and can't wait to see it in the movie

13. Hiraga

News Credits:
    Exactly.

:thumb 

14. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    See that bot in Santoanderson's AVATAR? That's his... and personally speaking it beats that goofy Einstein mug any day of the week.

And angry fanboys hate more.

15. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    Each to their own, looks like a Stormtrooper wearing a robo-dog masque to me...

16. Hiraga

News Credits:
    :lolol 
    Who here is hating? I mean, with the exception of you and Santoanderson, I think the conversation has been relatively civil.
    And I do see that Santoanderson designed that. I myself don't think that there is anything too special about it, but hey, that's just me. We're not here to discuss that.

I will however withdraw this previous comment.

Because obviously I was wrong. And I do apologize for that.

I really hope this thread doesn't get closed because of you, bellpeppers. Because I am actually interested in hearing what other people have to say, whether it be negative or positive. I'll like what I want to like, and you dislike what you want to dislike. But when you (and Santoanderson) call people names, you're basically LOOKING for a flame war. And that's what gets these threads closed.
    I'll be happy to have a proper discussion with other people, whether they love or hate the design. But I'm not going to waste my time with you anymore. Go ahead and think that you won the argument. But I don't want this thread to get closed because of your silly trolling. :) 

17. Santoanderson

Santoanderson Well-Known Member

I would gladly post an image describing my feeling regarding the current conversation, but the last one got me a spam warning. Thanks a lot to whoever never watched Diff'rent Strokes growing up....

Anyway, my issue with WJ's head design is the lack of continuity between his and the other Autobots. Its like after TF1 came out, ILM came to Bay and said "Hey, with new advances in technologies, we can give robots hair and veins, and muscle tone!" and Bay said "Do it!" while forgetting that the existing characters have pre-established, unchangeable designs. So before we know it we've got this one character with robot wrinkles and robot hair, and robot facial hair standing in the same room as Ironhide, who has none of that. They don't look like they belong in the same movie.

[​IMG]

18. bellpeppers

News Credits:

It was civil until:
    &
    Civil. Heh.
    Why would it because of me? I'm not the one calling people who dislike Einsten-bot unimaginative bags of rocks.

19. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    That head is suspiciously banana-shaped.

20. Hiraga

News Credits:
    Yes, because it was spam. I didn't report it, but props to whoever did.

Yeah, and I'm glad that they are doing it. I mean, I kind of see where you're coming from. But it's all a matter of taste. I like the Dr. Wheeljack Brown design because has tons of character. I love it. You don't like it because it doesn't look like the other bots.
    That's cool, I have no problem with that. But you look like a major asshole when you write shit like this.

By the way, Ratchet has a mustache. Jetfire has a long beard. Arcee has lipstick. Jazz has sunglasses. The Dreads have, well, dreads. So what's wrong with Dr. Wheeljack Brown having optic cables for hair?