What DO the little people do for Halloween?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Coeloptera, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

Heh. Just kidding.

But the season is upon us! Well, me anyway.

You see, for the past 12 years (this is my 13th now) I have been working professionally in the haunted attraction business.

For 6 years now, I have been with this little operation: Home

For 2 years before that I was part of a now-defunct offshoot of theirs in Santa Cruz, CA called The Labyrinth.

"Little" is definitely a joke, Freakling Bros. runs three distinct, full-size attractions in Las Vegas every year.

I assist with tech work (I was head tech of a house back in 2005, but I wanted to get back into performing as well), do dedicated costuming (under our overall costume mistress) for whichever house I am attached to, and I still put on a costume and perform from 6-7 hours.

Since 2006, I've been with the Circus of Horrors, specifically, but this should be my last year there, as we debut a new house next year.

So for me, Halloween season actually started about 2 weeks ago and will continue through the first 1.5 weeks of November. I also usually make it to a few local parties, and occasionally, one of the big, city parties like the Fetish and Fantasy Ball (not this year, though, Halloween falls on a Saturday, the Circus will be open far too late).

So, what does everyone else do for Halloween?

Oh yes, feel free to hunt us down on Facebook and do...whatever it is people there do.

As for all of the board members in Vegas...stop by. We're not easy to miss...

[​IMG]

- Coeloptera

2. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    i normally just stay at home and watch my mum shout at kids who want money instead of candy,but this year my sisters friend is coming up and we are gonna have lots of fun and i am going to dress up as a banana.

3. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I think they follow the Yellow Brick road.

4. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    I'm going as pedobear this year.

Anybody wanna be Chris Hanson?

5. jonatron26

jonatron26 Well-Known Member

my family puts up styrofoam (sp?) tombstones that we made 2 or 3 years back. and fake spider webs somewhere. a pair of jeans stuffed with towels sticking out of a body bag/trashbag on the ground. and a dummy hung by its neck by a noose hanging out a window. with halloween songs playing on loop, like generic spooky sounds, thriller, werewolf in london and ghostbusters theme song.
    for the past two years i made tf costumes but this year i dont know if im going out. if i do go out then look for soundwave ;) 

6. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Stay at home and do nothing but watch either Halloween specials on TV or watch It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown.

Yeah, I know... what a sucky, boring way to spend Halloween.

7. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Usually the whole clan (my parents, younger sister, wife and daughter) would go to Mickey's Not So Scary Holloween party at Disney World. However, with the newest addition to my family this week (another beautiful little girl) it doesn't look like my wife and I will be going this year (though my daughter is still going to go with my parents) because the newborn won't have had all her first shots yet and it's best not to go to someplace like Disney until they have.

Sooo... looks like a night of scary movies for daddy and fun with baby for mommy... :lol 

8. Lock Cade

^

Dang... I wish I could afford to go to Disney for Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween party...

9. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm gonna go as Kanye West, and steal other people's candy while they're telling people 'Thank You.'

EDIT: Mickey's Not-So-Scary is a blast with kids. The Headless Horseman is fantastic!

10. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Living in Tampa, Fl. helps... don't have to travel very far to get there. If it was tickets and travel... forget it.

11. Midnight

Midnight Nerdicon

Sounds like my Holloweens.

12. Lock Cade

Yeah, it's been like that for the past few years or so. I've only been invited to a Halloween party... once... the Halloween after my friends and I graduated from high school (2004).

I'd go out on Halloween, but where would I go? Haunted attractions really aren't my thing, I'm too frigging old to go trick-or-treating (I really don't have any younger siblings or family members I could tag along with), and I really don't have the time and the money to find myself a costume just to attend any costume parties that clubs or bars might hold.

So, I'm just going to stay at home and watch It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown, and imitate Snoopy as I watch it.

13. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

Yes.

Yes it is.

- Coeloptera

14. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    your never too old to be trick-or-treating.

15. Lock Cade

Yeah, sure...

16. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

Going to city hall for a Halloween party. Dressing up as Cinderella.

17. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    I wonder if I went trick or treating with my robin costume on, would I get more than candy in my goodie bag? :D .

Everyone thinks I'm like 12 anyway so I could get away with trick or treating for the rest of my life. I live in a really rich neighborhood too, I bet I get the good candies. I think I am going to do it just to see what the neighbors say.

But anyway I usually sit sit home with my neko ears on, and give candy to the kids that come to the door so they don't break our windows.

18. Brolga01

Brolga01 Olé

Hmmmmm eaither....
    1. Dad and bro try to drag me into the clown house again this yr.(Im afraid of clowns)
    or
    2. Runaway to my friends and go trick or treating with her.
    Hmmmmmmm i pick 2.

19. Metalhead

Metalhead hates things

I spend it telling the people who come to my door to fuck off and stop begging.
    Stupid damn holiday.

20. Bort826TFWorld

Bort826TFWorld OOGA CHAKA

News Credits:
    The parents overdecorate the house and put up a bunch of dummies made of PVC. It's awesome! Then they have a party for me and my friends. Meanwhile I will be busting ghosts with and inflatable Proton Pack.