What do TFs feel before and during transformation?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Russian fan, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Russian fan

Russian fan Proud Autobot Ally TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    It always interesting for me. Do they think about it just before to transform, or it happens immediately, like a reflex? It seems sometimes transformation maybe hard, like Jetfire had in ROTF... What do they feel in general when their bodies change? Do TFs use transformation intentionally to make an effect, appear suddenly, surprise someone? It seems, yes. What do you think? Is it something common for them or a bit unusual?

2. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    It probably feels like flexing a muscle. Robot mode might feel like standing up vs vehicle mode feeling like sitting down, as an analogy, with transforming feeling like crouching between the two.

• Like Like x 6
  3. Agamus

Agamus Not an Iguana

I've always looked at it as analogous to us sitting down or standing up since it seems to come so naturally to TFs, like the difference between driving around vs walking or running would be about the same for both of us. As for RotF Jetfire, yeah I guess the same applies, since old people sometimes have a hard time getting up.

Edit: Took the words right outta my mouth

• Like Like x 4
  4. Russian fan

Russian fan Proud Autobot Ally TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Interesting, don't think about that:D  That's also important that TFs actually sit very rare, they prefer to stand on knees usually, we rarely see something like chairs in their environment, at least in Movieverse (in IDW chairs are everywhere, but TFs are more humanized). Maybe TFs just take rest in the vehicle mode?

5. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Ultimately it depends on the continuity.

Sometimes, we've seen transformers be startled and transform in shock as a respnse. Others can be stressed and transform due to it; even incorrectly or partially.

Again variety, IDW Hot Rod talked about how there's that 1 in a thousand transformation where their body just "sings" at how great the change is.
    Megatron, similarly complains that at his age and with so many bodies behind him, his current body doesn't have the same bite, the same grafting of spark to form.
    G1 Marvel, Emirate Xaaron I believe, mentioned that it had been millenia since he had transformed and the strain of doing so now would be fatal he thought.

So the answer is mostly dependant on age, quality of body, and if they regularly transform.

Have you seen or read Transformers? o_O 

6. JLvatron

JLvatron Transformer

News Credits:
    Certainly robot mode feels like standing or walking.
    For the typical car alt mode, your centre of gravity gets lowered, so it feels more balanced. This makes it feel more normal and the more comfortable mode.

At 1st, you have to think about it, but it becomes routine instinct very quickly.

Transforming feels effortless when you're in good health, but it's a lot more difficult for the injured or old.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Scowly Prowl

Scowly Prowl Still calculating variables...

I had a family member suggest that, given all the folding, sliding, twisting, and so forth, it must be akin to: "Ouch. Pinching. Ow. Owww. OWWWWWW. Ah, there, my hand emerges."

8. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper

News Credits:

• Like Like x 1
  9. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    This. Before, during, and after. Plus after a fight. Because they're robots in disguise.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ulyssesnono

Ulyssesnono Member

Ebay:
    Nothing as long as they use WD40;) 

• Like Like x 1
  11. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We EXIST!

News Credits:
    You know how you can feel things moving through your guts, or your muscles and tendons moving over bone? It would feel similar to that, and be as natural and unremarkable to them, as would be the shift in spacial awareness and senses.

Tho I've always had the funny idea that maybe cyber-puberty would show up as a sudden, spontaneous adult transformation that they might get temporarily stuck in due to surprise and embarrassment. :lol 

--Moony

• Like Like x 1
  12. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper

News Credits:
    Just try to do this: put your hands in a fist, fold your arms, bring them together to the middle then keep it close to your body. Then try to bend your body forward, bend your knees and bow down.

That’s the limited extent of how you as a human can “shape-shift”.

Now imagine a Cybertronian who at a genetic level are capable of doing more and extreme flexes, twists, rotations, retractions, etc. the head retreating into their bodies, a similar thing to that is a turtle. Various Earth animals can spin move their heads into a 180 degree spin. There are some venomous insects that can appear as leaves.

Things of that sort.

• Like Like x 2
  13. JLvatron

JLvatron Transformer

News Credits:
    Great explanation! So if that's the physical feeling, there's still the spiritual feeling.
    And Transforming feels absolutely Awesome!!! :buttrock 

As a human, I strongly recommend making yourself a Transforming costume. Doesn't matter how rough or unfinished it looks. If Transformers truly means a lot to you, then Transforming will feel incredible. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  14. Fivepeepeeman

Fivepeepeeman Member

Maybe it feels like their deforming and reforming

• Like Like x 1
  15. JLvatron

JLvatron Transformer

News Credits:
    That would be the Michael Bay/Spielberg version! lol

• Like Like x 1