What do I do with Alt Skid's front seats in robot mode?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by LoserBroadside, Jan 2, 2006.

1. LoserBroadside

LoserBroadside Your ship just came in.

Them seem to be moveable (and them pop out in the middle position). Are they supposed to be pushed up? The directions aren't clear.

2. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    I push them up. By doing so it allows for more leg movement.

3. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    I was under the impression it didn't matter, and more for the usage of drivers.

4. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    the instructions say to push them forward. Mine were actually quite stiff, but a lil nudge and they went :) 

Andy

5. LoserBroadside

LoserBroadside Your ship just came in.

I guess I should have been a bit more pecific. My question is due to the fact that the best position for the seats in BOTH modes seems to be forward. This begs the question, why to they move backwards. Is it just to add realism to the car mode? And no, I'm not replying just to boost this thread. I love this toy but this question is bugging the heck out of me.

-LB would never do anything as shameful as repost on a dead thread just to get ATTENTION HEY LOOK AT ME!!!

6. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    I believe they're supposed to be pushed forward in car mode and backward in robot mode... The reasoning behind that being that if the seats are too far back in car mode, the head rests will be hitting the shoulder pad panels on the roof... And the reasoning behind pushing the back in robot mode is because of the fact that if it's forward on mine, the seats pop out easily where the two notches are...

7. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I only have a problem with the front seats popping out when I TF him back into car mode. As a robot, they have no issues whatsoever, nor as a car, just in the transformation one-way...

Andy

8. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I can't remember what I did but if they can be folded, I probably folded them

9. Razerwire

News Credits:
    Same here... The seats pop out when I transform them, which is why I slide them backwards so they don't pop out...

10. Tray

Tray Well-Known Member

My Skids didn't come with directions :( 

So at first when I noticed his seat in my hand, I thought I'd broken him. I prefer him to sit on the seat himself so that he looks even more silly than he already does (scion xB = geo metro in a large shoebox)

11. Razerwire

News Credits:
    Your's didn't come with directions??? What the hell??? :huh

12. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

Wow. I'm beginning to want Skids for one more reason... the same reason that makes me like Cybertron Runamuck so much. ;) 

And of course, he's a new Alternator, and has gotten shining reviews... I hate the xB... so if there isn't anything I can make fun of and laugh about with this guy, I think I might be a bit disappointed. Then again, an ugly car that turns into a really cool bot... I think I can deal with that.

13. Depthcharge

Depthcharge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've only got a BT Skids/Broadblast so I hope its the same but....

On mine, the seats are pushed all the way forward (Car mode) and back (Robot mode). Pushing them forward in car mode puts them into the right position in the vehicle and even though its easier for them to detach in this position, the fact that they're enclosed in the car pretty much prevents that. In robot mode, pushing the seats up does make them clear the legs better but the seats tend to fall out, where as pushing them all the way back allows the whole assembly to pivot a significant amount like a mini articulated ass-cape. In this position, to me atleast, they still don't obstruct leg movement in any meaningful way and they stay securely on the bot.

14. Razerwire

News Credits:
    Ass cape...:lol 

But yeah, that is the exact reason why I put the seats forward in car mode and backward in 'bot mode... :thumb