What disappoints you most about FALL OF CYBERTRON?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Transformed, Nov 6, 2011.

1. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The title should be pretty self-explanatory, but to reiterate and/or clarify what have you heard about Transformers: Fall of Cybertron that disappoints you the most?

While I’m peeved that High Moon Studios cannot be bothered to add female characters because doing so means that actually have to do some work, making 3D models and extra animation—imagine that—it doesn’t bother me as much as the omission of Co-Op campaign play.

Co-Op campaign gave me, and many friends, something many games couldn’t, Co-Op play from start to finish. Sure it had its flaws, but it had way more pros than it did cons. Though unlikely to happen, I really wish High Moon Studios would reconsider. Co-Op campaign is the greatest thing to ever happen to a Transformers game.

2. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I guess my pet peeve is that there's no PC version but that's minor at best and I can always go for a PS3 if I wanted to.

3. WTDylio

WTDylio Where is Jessica Hyde?

News Credits:
    Lack of Co-op. Definitely. And the apparent lack of escalation, but i'm hoping that's just a rumour

4. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    The fact that people are disappointed at parts even though the game is a YEAR away.

Really, no PC version must suck for fans without a console.

The fact that the levels seem to be character based. I'm really wondering how long the game is, because if it's WFC long, we'll be playing as each character for half an hour and that's it.

At least that's what I got from all the interviews, but it's still a long way until we get the game in hand. When I do have it, I'll gladly make a list of things that have disappointed me, if any.

5. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    I'm a bit worried about levels being based on one character.I'm just..not sure how I feel about this.
    I mean sure,the story might be better but if some characters will only be playable in one mission,I will be quite disappointed.

6. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wouldn’t put too much into that rumor. Matt Tieger said he wasn’t going to talk about Escalation and withdrew from talking more about the MP side of Fall of Cybertron because they’re still brainstorming that side of the game, he even said in the podcast that the team charged with the MP side of the game are still putting things in ripping them out, tweaking them trying them again and taking them out again. Nothing has been finalized. How could he talk about something that hasn’t really been started?

Glad you decided to share something anyway.

The complaints aren’t about a game that isn’t out, but about its progress—the things you’ve heard about the game.

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    The lack of any innovation. Nothing new has been revealed. And when I mean new, I mean really new, not cheap gimmicks like Dinobots, I meant technical improvements. Not just on the server side, but nothing indicates they're trying to make it a more interesting game. Seems to be the same run here and shoot, and honestly that gets really boring really fast. And again, nothign on Host migration, but really nobody's asked. All people ever ask is "IS MAI FAVURIT GUY GONNA BE IN IT?" People are more concerned about the characters than wether or not it's a good game.

8. topspin 48

topspin 48 Member

The one thing i wish they had kept was the segmented health. With this knew regenerating health you wont die as easily.

9. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran

News Credits:
    Let's see:

- No fembots
    - No campaign co-op
    - No Dinobots in multiplayer
    - No cover system
    - No PC version

Also disappointed that High Moon hasn't really divulged into the technical improvements they've made (if any), for example the addition of host migration or fixing the AI transformation invincibility glitch. Or the other plethora of glitches that plagued WFC.

10. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The thing that disappoints me the most is the fan reaction to it. People are being way to negative about it.

But to answer the question directly, my next biggest disappointment is that the game is still a year away. I want this game now.

11. Astronut

Astronut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nothing really.
    Co-op would be nice, but I wouldn't play that anyway, and I probably wouldn't have played this on PC.
    I have absolutely no need for females in the game (nothing against women, I just don't see why it should be essential in this game :D  ), and I prefer balance over "cool stuff", so I'm okay with no dinobots in MP.
    No cover system? ugh, not all third person shooters have to be Gears of War. I'd rather have quick movement and fast gameplay than a cover system.

12. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    During the Game Informer Roundtable, Matt and the other HMS guy (can’t recall his name, the programmer guy) said they rewrote the AI, so I’m guessing they are aware of the problems that were in the first and are doing what they can to rebuild it from the ground up. Hopefully the rebuild will be better than the original.

There are female fans out there, you know? Aside from that, folks like variety. I know I do.
    If I’m not mistaken, Matt said the same thing during the Game Informer podcast.

13. Eric

Eric Per sempre marciamo.

News Credits:
    My only disappointment?

It's not out yet. :( 

14. emoo

emoo Well-Known Member

The apparent short campaign. I was hoping this was going to be longer than WFC now I'm just hoping it's the same length, considering in the round table the length of levels was asked and the question dodged with them just saying well we play everyday and know where everything is. Ok well knowing that how long till the end of the level? Then make just a guess for people who wouldn't know. Dodging the question like that just tells me the levels may be very short, not to mention the campaign length itself.

no character selection
    no co-op

15. Astronut

Astronut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Does it really matter what gender the fans are for a game like this though? If a game looks good, I'll buy it regardless of whether it has a male or female protagonist. Or child, elf, robot, cyborg, bird, penguin, little pink ball or alien for that matter.

16. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Here's the short answer: Yes.

17. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

The current enemies don´t look anything like Transformers.

18. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Because it appeals to their fanwank, and that´s all that matters.

19. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    Where did people hear the thing that there would be no Fembots?

20. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran

News Credits:
    On the recent GI podcast with Matt Tieger.