Customs: What different effects do acrylic, enamel, and lacquer do to the figure when applied?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by petes2177, Aug 23, 2009.

1. petes2177

petes2177 the poowrr?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What I mean is, does it give the figure a more glossy look? Also, does enamel stay on better than acrylic?

Trying to do as much research as possible before doing my first custom. Meh.

Thanks in advance.

2. Zildjian

Zildjian Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My advice, do a google search for all the information you need.... then read the entire tutorials and resource section in the menu to the right --------->

3. mampy

mampy Movie-Accurate Mampy

News Credits:
    ^ I agree with Zildjian. "Doing research" doesn't mean posting so many threads and asking questions that can easily be answered by a simple google search and by reading through the tutorials.

Check out the Radicons tutorial section from the link on the right side of the screen. I would also personally recommend Jin's guides.

4. petes2177

petes2177 the poowrr?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've been doing research for almost 2 weeks now, plus, I've already been to Jin's website. Just needed some input from other customizers :\

5. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would recommend, if you don't find the information in the tutorials, using the search function here. Use this before you even use google. All three of your questions in your three different threads (they really should have been a single thread) would have been answered.

I would really have hoped that, after two weeks, these questions would have all been answered by your research and you would have moved on to specifically studying other people's work and finding some that inspire you to ask the artist specific questions.