What did you think would happen in DOTM?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Solrac333, Jul 3, 2011.

1. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Based on the TV spots, Trailers, and even the toys and casting, what did you think would happen in DOTM that DID NOT happen?

Because of the NASCAR wreckers, I thought there would actually be a race. I thought Patrick Demsey would be a racer. With Megatron as a truck, I thought we would see a Optimus VS Megatron game of chicken like in G1 Optimus VS Motormaster. Because of the Burger King commercial, I though Prime vs Shockwave would be longer. When Sam says, "There are humans working with the Decepticons", I thought it would be John Malkovich.

2. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

This.

And I could expect everything but NOT Sentinel's backstabbing, that was onehelluva twist for me.

And I expected the Wreckers to be around more.

3. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    I was expecting the Ironhide and Sideswipe Vs the Dreads fight to be longer then it was, but it was just as badass as short as it was.

I was expecting a bit more shots of the Autobots battling the Decepticons in Chicago, when Lennox leads the charge ("This is our fight now!").

I also expected Megatron to be a bit more involved. As badass as he is, he is so sidelined in here.

4. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur 100% Sarcastic Saurian

I originally thought Megatron got access to Space Bridge technology, opened it up to Cybertron and called in reinforcements lead by Shockwave, and Shockwave was the big bad.

5. Soundbytes

Soundbytes Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I expected Starscream to betray Megatron.

6. OrionsBelt

OrionsBelt Well-Known Member

Yeah, I thought the wreckers would be in a race too. Having some fun with some Nest guys who like NASCAR as a hobby, when they get called into action.

I was hoping to see some of the slow-motion battles like we saw in the first film, but I was disappointed.

I thought this movie would be more emotional. Yeah, I had emotions, totally pissed off that this was a nearly total suck fest.

I'm starting to jump on the bandwagon of the love interest and parents have got to go. If they added to the story, yeah, but instead, they detract from it.

I was expecting the other story with Megatron.

I was expecting Ironhide's protege to step up, but I can't remember him being in the movie after the Mexican standoff.

I was expecting the 3D to have clearer shots, but instead, I thought it was the same shaky cam, quick shots BS. I also felt that there wasn't a single fight scene that stood out like the forest fight in the second movie, or the multitude of beautiful action eye candy we got in the first film.

I thought John Malcovich would be a nice addition, instead, he and the entire subplot with the job and surrounding it was just wasted screen time and money that could have been used to develop the characters of the Transformers.

I was expecting more Autobots, less humans. The exact opposite happened I felt.

I was expecting the invasions to be more grandeur, and well, it felt like nothing like Independence Day.

I was expecting this to be the best of the series, and I felt it was the worst.

7. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I thought Sentinel Prime would kill more Autobots. I actually thought he was going to kill Que and the Wreckers, but I guess those were misleading spoilers.

Also expected the Wreckers to be around before the final battle. They weren't there for half the movie and I was like..."how do the Wreckers get into this?"

8. tpainzbro

tpainzbro Well-Known Member

I expected the d.c. Fight to feature a small fight between NEST and the autobots against the decleticons. But nope didn't work out that way. Still was cool though.

9. cheetorBWORG

cheetorBWORG Cheetor Fan

News Credits:
    Did you fall asleep during the movie? Don't you know what happened to Ironhide when all of them were back at base, trying to protect Sentinel?

10. OrionsBelt

OrionsBelt Well-Known Member

Read my quote again carefully. I said Ironhide's protege, not Ironhide!

11. StrifeZ

StrifeZ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Well this goes way back.

I really expected Starscream to betray Megatron and them to finally have it out.

I expected Megatron to have his RotF look, and then later, to have his Voyager toy cannon.

I expected somehow the Allspark to finally be regenerated.

I expected the Fallen to be referenced.

I expected the Autobots to leave earth to fight the Decepticons at the end (I think a lot of people did).

More broadly, I thought the plot would be something along the lines of this: Autobots and Decepticons have spent the past few years fighting on earth, but since both Armies are really refugees, long since having left Cybertron, they are unaware of what has happened to the planet, until Alpha Trion arrives at earth with a warning: Shockwave and his revitalized Decepticons, wholly on control of Cybertron, are coming to earth to steal its resources, enslave its populace, put down the last of the Autobots, and for Shockwave, kill Megatron. Earth would be devastated in the ensuing war (as opposed to just Chicago), but the Optimus/Megatron alliance would eventually kill Shockwave. Megatron would depart, Allspark in hand to rule Cybertron and the Autobots, having protected Earth, would leave to persue him and win back their homeland. Everyone wins a little, loses a little.

12. Solrac333

Ebay:
    OH! And because of the Bumblebee crash in the DC filming, I thought they were actually going to work that into to movie.

13. Solrac333

Ebay:
    I also thought the part in the trailer where Prime is telling Sam, "This is your fight" or something like that, that would be at the end of the movie since he's standing in front of the ship.

14. cheetorBWORG

cheetorBWORG Cheetor Fan

News Credits:
    Oh, Sideswipe. Sideswipe had a few more lines, yeah... but not as significant as what went on with Ironhide and the Dreads.

But I was still so happy he survived.

15. Solrac333

Ebay:
    Maybe a hologram Peter Cullen driving Optimus...

16. ngnikolaos

ngnikolaos Well-Known Member

I thought that Shockwave would gain the favor of the decepticons, turning Megatron into a high liutenant, much to his dismay, with the majority of the Decepticons considering Shockwave their best bet for victory.

I thought that Starscream would try to exploit this for his own advantage. I also thought that at one point he kidnaps Lennox and Sam (or taking them away to kill them at his leisure).

I thought that Soundwave would try to sabotage Shockwave's plans on behalf of Megatron when the time was right, in order to help his Lord assume leadership again. Oh, and he would kill Dino, as it was rumoured a lot in the past.

I thought that I wouldn't have to stand for any sort of extremely stupid humour.

I thought I would be sad when TFormers died.

I thought I would watch solid fight scenes with Megatron, Soundwave, Starscream and Shockwave.

When I expect all of the above and get DoTM, I think you can all imagine how disappointed I left the theater.

17. erjaho0614

erjaho0614 Autbot/Maximal

That was one thing I thought would happen. Some more things I thought would happen:

-The Autobots, after their final battle, would be leaving due to anti-TF sentiment (based on the "Autobots Go Home" tags from set photos)

-Malkovich would be the bad human working with the Decepticons

-Maybe Epps or Lennox would be killed in a final battle

-Mikaela would be killed off due to Megan Fox being let go

18. FakeEyes22

FakeEyes22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was definitely thinking we'd see at least some sort of acknowledgement of Prime and Megatron having similar alt modes with them racing down the street towards something or each other.

I also assumed Shockwave was the leader of a Decepticon invasion. A purple tank type thing was in this scenario at some point as well.

I agree on the Wreckers, too. I thought maybe we'd see a race scene, like in Iron Man 2. Maybe a Decepticon shows up and 3 of the cars shockingly become robots. The race car thing wasn't really acknowledged and I don't think we saw their non-weaponized modes, right?

I also expected to see some sort of upgrade or transformation of the Autobots similar to Nitro Bumblebee or the similarly solar-paneled Voyager Prime. Yep, a lot of my expectations were toy based.

None of these are really disappointments or anything. They were just assumptions I made beforehand.

19. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    Based on the trailers, some of the new characters and the general hype around Shockwave, these were my expectations in a nutshell...

- I thought Patrick Dempsy was going to be some kind of rich asshole who liked to race cars for fun and was targeted for whatever reason by the Decepticons, hence the Wreckers having Nascar alt modes. I figured that they would be in the race waiting for an attack on Dempsy, then bam!, they pop out all that mech tech shit, save him, yada yada yada

- I thought Megatron would be in exile somewhere in the States, and as a sort of surprise to Optimus at their next encounter, he shows up with his new truck alt mode since no one (including us the audience) would expect him to have an Earth alt mode at all, let alone one so similar to Prime's

- Most of all, I thought Shockwave was more or less called in by Starscream, who was sort of tattling on Megatron for being a royal f*ck up and not getting anything accomplished on Earth. I assumed all those ships we saw coming from the moon would have been Shockwave's army ready to launch a full on invasion, that he'd unofficially relieve Megatron of his command, blow away anyone & everyone who was in his way whether they were Autobots, humans or even other Decepticons, and essentially level everything in sight so as to declare victory, take what resources they need, and head back to Cybertron. Basically a character who wasn't necessarily above Megatron in rank, but definitely had the power, respect & fear factor to take control of the situation and declare full out war if it meant getting the job done. Like a military commander... one who has a legendary reputation that makes the Autobots shit bolts in fear when they find out he's on Earth.

- I figured Sentinel would be rescued from the crashed Ark, revived, retake his position as Prime's mentor, relay a bunch of old timer wisdom, be around long enough for us to care about him, and then of course get killed - likely as a self sacrifice to stop Shockwave.

- I assumed Starscream would finally try to kill Megatron (while he was weakened), be unsuccessful, and then predictably get ripped to shreds by Megatron in front of all the other Cons

- I assumed Megs would be the one to kill Ironhide and quote his famous line from the original movie, shortly before him & Prime have their most insane mortal combat fight sequence yet... where of course Prime would get the upper hand and over kill him in a way that leaves no chance for him to ever come back.

- I assumed it would have been Bumblebee to first take on Starscream in a near death match before Screamer retreated... and of course to be the one to kill Soundwave.

- Was definitely expecting Ratchet to get mortally wounded as well, but at the end we find out he's going to survive... all the while being visibly shaken by and grieving the death of Ironhide.

- Had no expectations for Que/Wheeljack beyond explaining a bunch of new weapons - specifically the mech tech upgrades - but assumed Dino/Mirage would be an awesome warrior ala Sideswipe who does some kick ass stuff before getting killed.

- Thought the Dreads were going to be something along the lines of Shockwave's own personal band of killers - told to sniff out & hunt down any Autobot they can.

- Expected Epps to get killed off in the final battle, with Lennox of course by his side

- Totally assumed Turturo's character was going to be full-on crippled from an attack by Laserbeak that he barely survived.

- Expected to hear that Mudflap, Skids & Jolt were either killed in action or were somewhere else on a mission so that their absences would be easily addressed.

- Thought that the big driller snake thing would be a one-trick pony threat that was unleashed by Shockwave to take down the building in Chicago before Super Jet Prime "kills" it, in turn pissing off Shockwave big time to the point that he just starts shooting & killing EVERYTHING in sight.

20. Tampalicious

Tampalicious Tribe of Roadimus

I thought Skywarp and the other Seekers were going to be there.

I also thought there would be a "Motormaster" moment of some sort.

I thought Prime and Megatron would have to work together to kick Shockwave's ass. Or at least the fact that Shockwave would be dominating Megatron marvel comic style.

I thought most of the movie would happen at night.

Because of the artwork I saw for I believe the video game, I totally thought there would be alot of action on the moon, like fights and stuff.

I was pretty sure the Laserbeaks would be like hundreds of them flying around, but glad it wasnt.

I thought there would be more Autobots coming out of the woodwork to help.

I thought Sentinel Prime was going to be more of a Vector Prime sort of dude.

I was hoping for a better explanation to Megan Fox leaving but a death flashback or something would have been corny I suppose

From the Paramore song I almost thought we'd see some Unicron type deal