What did you think of the final battle?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Onslaught24, Sep 17, 2012.

1. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 MTMTE Sucks Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    so we all wanted a final battle and a direct and in-person confrontation between Prime and Megsy and finally got one. what are your thoughts on it?

2. Driftveil

Driftveil You find me offensive

zwazokay

3. Decitron

Decitron The Heavy

Awesome. I think it would have been better if it came down to good ol fisticuffs over swords, and some brutal grapples over shields, but it was MOST excellent.

4. Stryker055

Stryker055 Josh Boyfriend

I found Megatron vs. Optimus to be a little lackluster, but the rest of that level was WHOAAWESOME.

5. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    I'd agree with that. I was almost floored by the awesomeness of the last level, but in replays, the actual duel is my least favorite part of the entire sequence.

6. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Fucking loved it. That entire level is amazing.

7. vatarian

vatarian SPIDER8ITCH

The final battle was adequate, perhaps even good, but it could've been better.

8. emoo

emoo Well-Known Member

I found the dialog was great the battle itself was ok, I just found it rather short. I would have liked it to have been drawn out a little more. It was only get in a few jabs trigger a qt button press and after the third time it was the end of the battle. It just seemed to be over before it started

9. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Good but not great I was satisfied though.

10. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not as cool as I thought it would be:( 

How do you top battling Omega Supreme or Trypticon? I'll tell you one thing, it certainly isn't with Optimus Prime or Megatron!

While it was fun to have these two finally battle it out, I highly dislike games that give enemies attacks you yourself cannot use when the roles are reversed:mad 

The final battle is reduced to a hack and slash battle, which isn't even what this game is. The final battle is rather boring staged battle--be it easy or hard, the same pattern can be used to defeat the boss:( 

11. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    It was okay, but it could have been better.

12. opheadtaker

opheadtaker Gaseous sycophant

I though it was epic.the dialog,the music,the ship crumbling,everything!.and at the very end when megatron yells "NO! I WILL NOT BE DENIED!!"...such epicness.

13. Kevin XI

Kevin XI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It was cool, but not challenging at all. And I guess getting impaled doesn't mean shit.

14. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The whole level was awesome and the final battle between Megatron and Optimus was pretty cool. I would have liked it to be a little longer but I can see where that might seem tedious or too long with the frantic pace of the whole level with the ship getting blasted and the portal closing and all.

15. UltraPrimus56

UltraPrimus56 In the ruins of paradise

I would've liked to see much more characters for you to play as. Introduce Ironhide, have Ratchet go around the ship and repair injured soldiers. Have Cliffjumper sneak through enemy lines and sabotage the Nemesis's engines, have Perceptor actually do something, have Starscream come in groveling back to Megatron, and Megatron sending him along with Thundercracker and Skywarp to bomb the Ark's engines and finally make it inside for the next part of their mission. Then let Barricade and Breakdown team up and actually include them in the game. Let the Combaticons do something individually, and then combine into Bruticus. Finally, have Jazz get injured by Bruticus, and suprise... Grimlock/the Dinobots show up to lend a hand. THEN have Prime and Megatron duke it out for at least 10 minutes with their trademark axe, and mace weapons before going to the final cutscene. As everyone up top said, it was good... But it could've have been a lot better.

*Crosses fingers and prays for extensive campaign dlc*

16. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    It was ok to me but it could of been better but it does not make the game look bad in any way.

17. Wikkid

Wikkid Semi-retired customizer

It was epic in the way a series would play out..... not so great as a playable video game. Just didn't have the challenge or learning curve a d00d would want.

18. StarYoshi14

StarYoshi14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I thought it was ok, although it was definitely less about skill and more about dying over and over until you figure out what attacks work best, the radius of the super attacks, and how early you have to avoid them. The battle got pretty brutal at some points, Optimus stabbed Megatron right through the chest and Megatron kept on punching him.

There was one part where Optimus said something about his friends being the source of his power and I thought we had fallen into a shonen for a second. Anyone else catch that?

19. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

I loved it; one of the best parts in the game for me.

I love their dialogue; Megatron roars how Optimus was nothing before him, and now will die by his hand, Optimus snarks Megs should have gone to the library, Megatron screams why Optimus won't die after he pulls his own sword out of himself, while Prime replies Megs doesn't have what it takes. Awesome.

I like the actual fight; avoiding the enemie's brutal super attacks and smacking them is quite satisfying, shielding their strikes and hitting back is damn cool.

I love the beatdown sections. Optimus stabs him right through the chest and Megs just keeps on beating him, Prime sticks Megs to the floor and slams his head into the floor, Megatron beats up Prime and recieves a head-butt for his troubles. It's brutal, and perfect for the final battle of these two.

I love the setting. As the ship explodes and crumbles around them, they just can't stop fighting. Even as the portal sucks them in, they keep trying to knock each other off, and even as oblivion awaits, Megatron screams that nothing, not Optimus and not even death, will deny him.

Yeah, Optimus says that. Considering he's fighting for Bumblebee and the Arc and is a lethal opponent, I wouldn't doubt him :lol 

20. UltraPrimus56

UltraPrimus56 In the ruins of paradise

The thing that pisses me off, is when I'm playing as Jazz and I mark Bruticus for the final time before it goes to a cutscene of Jetfire bombing him... I suddenly just die out of nowhere during the cutscene, and have to start over.