What did you Think of Soundwave

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Barricade24, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Barricade24

Barricade24 Decepticop Artist

News Credits:
    When first saw him I was like OH COOL at first I was a little worried about what he would sound like but when I heard him. Soundwave was perfect. I just wish he got into a ground battle.

LONG LIVE SOUNDWAVE!

2. rodster6

rodster6 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I liked how he was used. I would have prefered his voice be vocoded but otherwise I thought he was pretty cool. Shame Ravage was killed, would have liked to see them together in the next film.

3. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I think he was portrayed perfectly. He filled in his role very well. Soundwave is a communcations expert and a spy. He shouldn't be on the front lines.

4. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    I wouldn't have changed a thing about his portrayal.

5. jonatron26

jonatron26 Well-Known Member

he was being set up for tf3. rotf sw = pretty darn cool
    tf3 sw = bitchin

6. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I liked Soundwave a lot, but I would've liked it better had he assumed robot mode at least once. But, overall it was a good portrayal of the character.

7. StarSaber79

StarSaber79 Banned

News Credits:
    He made my pants explode I wanted to scream out SOUNDWAVE!!!!!! when he appeared.

8. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    ^this x 1000000000000000000000000000000000

9. death_lock

death_lock Member

just saw the movie, all i can say bout soundwave is that he was awesome

10. HuricanBlue

HuricanBlue Nerd Slayer

Same here. He was flawless. Glad they didn't use the vocoder too. Sounded much more bad ass without it.

11. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

When I heard his voice non-vocoded I actually whispered to my friend "what the heck?". The voice kind of grew on me though. It's a lot clearer than the original, but still very cool. I think they'll have him in TF3, where he shows his robot mode finally! That's why he wasn't as prominent in TF2. They're saving him for all the Soundwave fans!

12. ThaRizla

ThaRizla Well-Known Member

I thought the Ravage scene infiltrating the base was one of the best scenes of the movie.

Since ravage is gone. . . . .guess they will just have to bring out Ratbat, Lazerbeak and Rumble!!!

I agree. I was a little skeptical on how they were going to do Soundwave as he is my favorite character. But the portrayal was excellent. Just wish he had someone of a blend between the deep creepy voice and a vocoded voice.

13. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think Soundwave is a pretty cool guy, he spies on the Earth and doesn't afraid of anything.

14. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Mixed feelings.

Really wish they had gone all iconic on the voice. I know it's juat a little thing but the whole movie just kept thinking how much cooler it would be if he sounded like the old days. At the very least maybe offer up the optional audio track on the DVD so fans can chose which voice they want.

The latching on to spy on the humans had a nice visual look to it. The shape of his head was a nice touch, and I really liked that one close up we had of his eye where they were able to compromise between the movie look of more than two eyes but also keep kind of an school look of just two eyes all at the same time.

Just too bad there was nothing in space for him to take out so we could have gotten a bit of action out of him. Also too bad that he was tapped into the humans communication but didn't seem to use it against the humans enough nor did he really mess with the human's depending so much on GPS.

Since he not on the list of dead Decepticons I'd say I was pretty happy with him.

15. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Loved him. He was done very well. Hope to see him transform in TF3.

16. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

This about sums it up for me.

17. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    I loved him. It was like he was the real leader, coordinating their movements and such. I was worried about the voice, but the Doctor Claw voice fit perfectly and really made him sound sinister. I wouldn't have changed a single thing.

18. Revan

Revan Well-Known Member

After first hearing about how Soundwave doesn't transform, or have his normal vocorder voice, I was skeptical. After seeing the movie, I really liked him. The non-transforming still bothers me a bit, but that something to look forward to in the next film. And I thought the voice was close enough to the original. I loved him. Now if we can get him to have a earth mode, as a F-117 Nighthawk Stealth Fighter, I'll be extremely happy.

Oh, one other thing. During the scene were all the Decepticons are looking for Sam and Mikeala, did anyone else hear someone call for Lazerbeak??? I heard someone say his name twice. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm almost 100% sure I heard Lazerbeak mentioned. MAybe he was the insecticon that Sam kills?.?.?.

19. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Soundwave was def a keeper in ROTF, and will be in TF3!! This is why we need Michael Bay to stay.

20. DON

DON Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Well, He's there. I guess that was cool...

I didn't think he was THAT special anymore since every other Decepticon can eject a smaller bot from itself, hell, the one bot he Ejected also vomited out other bots. much Like Hound is not special anymore since everybody can project Holorgams nowadays

I just wish his voice was more synthesized and have said something Iconic, like "Ravage: Eject! Operation: Infiltrate (Or whatever..) "