What did you think of Sentinel Prime being evil?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Megatron1, May 25, 2012.

1. Megatron1

Megatron1 Decepticon LEADER

I don't know why, I was just wondering because people were hating on Sentinel Prime because he killed Ironhide and betrayed the Autobots.

So, what were your thoughts on Sentinel Prime being evil and the main bad guy? I actually thought it was REALLY cool. He was the only villain (besides Megatron in the first and second film), who actually put up a decent fight.

So, your thoughts?

2. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Banned

News Credits:
    It's only whiny Ironhide fanboys/girls that hate Sentinel. He was a great character.

3. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey Well-Known Member

Pretty good twist. At first it was like "a deal had to be made...." and I was liike m'kay and then he was like "with Megatron!" and I was like ? and then Ironhide was shot and then my rear end scooted itself to the edge of my seat and my jaw was rendered dropped and my face and body posture was distorted. Totally didn't see it coming. In hindsight, it's cheesy and kinda lame, especially considering they literally had just one scene to explore Sentinel's character before that moment.

4. GreednGluttony

GreednGluttony grumpy smurf

he wasn't evil, he still refered to himself as an autobot, just an autobot working with the decepticons

5. Jetcracker54

Jetcracker54 Fire Truck

i think he was right, he was only trying to save his home he wasnt evil and face it everyone wanted ironhide to die in the first movie not jazz

6. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He was one of the best characters in the entire trilogy.

7. AutobotJazz1

AutobotJazz1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Itv was a good plot twist. At least Sentinel got something done....unlike the Decepticons.

8. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    I would like to see made what exactly made him make the decisions that he made.

9. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It was the most interesting thing that happen in all movies honestly, it wasn't very well done but it was a great idea.

No idea why people "hate Sentinel for killing Ironhide", Sentinel is a fictional character, he was written to do that he didn't go HEHEHE FANS LIKE IRONHIDE EH? LET ME SHOW YOU HOW MANY HIDES I CAN IRON OUT OF HIM.

10. FeelingLuckyPnk

FeelingLuckyPnk Decepticon Punks!

OMGZ, Ironhyde noooo!!1! What Jerk!!

11. NEST SOLDIER

NEST SOLDIER IRONHIDE'S DRIVER

I liked the story, but would rather have seen Sentinel portrayed as the primary protagonist in the film, sort of as the key to victory for the Autobots, with him and Optimus tag-teaming against Megatron and Shockwave, with Sentinel being killed and sort of passing the torch of leadership onto Optimus officially.

I also, don't think that Ironhide should have been killed off.

12. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    I guess I'll be the a-hole...

Did we need this thread?

13. unicronic

unicronic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    SP was a good set-up. But given how pathetic Megatron was in DOTM and how easily the Decepticons were defeated I found it hard to believe a deal was necessary.

14. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    It was interesting, but I believe the movie would have been more suspenseful if he didn't start working for the Cons. I mean come on, we all wanted to see a back to back scene between OP and SP.

15. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

He's still better than Animated Sentinel.

16. AquamanOS

AquamanOS Well-Known Member

He was a good villain.

I certainly don't think he was in anyway justified, especially since I think he was selfish hypocrite who claimed to be doing it for the good of all, but really just wanted to rule Cybertron himself.

17. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    More redundant threads, but eh.

Sentinel was already a great part of DOTM, and his betrayal just made him even greater. He finally did something that no Decepticon had really done at that point - kill a recognizable, beloved Autobot with actual character. Even if no time was spent on Ironhide's death after he died, it was still a "HOLY SHIT" moment because we got to know Ironhide, and the shock was that it came from Optimus Prime's own mentor.

It was a task I didn't know if it'd be possible again, but this Sentinel eclipsed Animated Sentinel as my favorite version of Sentinel/Zeta. This Sentinel got shit done, made Megs his bitch until the final battle, tossed around NEST, Optimus, and the Autobots like toys, led the Decepticons in a very successful conquering of Chicago, killing scores of humans. Sentinel's betrayal was a great plot twist - emphasis on PLOT, and the fact it is referring to a Transformer, when for so long in these movies they've received little plot focus.

Also, the fact Leonard Nimoy voiced him was incredible. With every single line of dialogue he got, Sentinel never sounded like he was rambling, or said anything awkward. Each line was epic and just perfect. In previous films and this film, many robots have crap dialogue that doesn't contribute. Sentinel never wasted a second of his screentime.

18. KikBlava

KikBlava Well-Known Member

I really loved Sentinel Prime in DOTM. I think this was mostly due to him being voiced by Leonard Nimoy. He had a great personality, he had a good design, that 40 seconds in the mountains with Optimus was a great scene, he fought like a badass and he had some great dialogue. However given his history of voicing Galvatron, I was half expecting Sentinel to betray the Autobots, but he was my favourite character of the entire trilogy. I didn't mind Ironhide being killed off, I liked him but it was preditable that him or Ratchet would die.

19. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Agreed.

Sentinel was insane and hilarious. Even though I like Ironhide....The I hearby Discharge you from duty I somehow laugh at each time I see that scene.

Plus He's Leonard Nimoy. He could commit numerous bank robberies and not get charged because he's Spock.

20. Jakest123

Jakest123 Well-Known Member

I'll miss Ironhide in TF4, but at least the guy who committed the murder is dead.