What did the non-fans think of the movie?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Yggdrasil, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    Do you know people that aren't TF fans who saw the movie? Whas was their reaction?

My dad went to see it yesterday and I tagged along (he didn't understand why since I already saw it once, but fuck I wanted to see it again :D  ) and he said that it's the best out of the three becasue it actualy had a decent interesting plot and liked the movie overall. But he hated some of the movie clieshes like the hidding behind the pillar and the monster never finding them. He thought that the Dreads faces were a Predator rip-off, and he thought that the Driller was the best. He said that it's incredibly stupid that Optimus just got cought in a bunch of cables like that and it's clearly because he was overpowered and they had to find a way to keep him out of the fight adding "In the last one he was at least dead, this is kinda stupid". He hated Sam's parents and didn't see their point. He thougth the overall building screne was waaaay too long. Also he hated the millitary, because to quote him "It's the classical American Hollywood bullshit, where they have the most unbeatable millatary that can kick everybodys ass including an army of space robots while chewing bubble gum and I'm tired of seeing it in every god fucking damned alien invasion movie!"

He thought that the Chigago battle was way too long and he kept asking me thougth out the battle "WHEN WILL THEY DESTROY THE FUCKING PILLAIRS ANYMORE!?!?!?!"

He LOVED Laserbeak, calling it "the vulture bot was the best badguy in the movie"

And finally he thought that the last movie had better villains. Again quoting him "The last movie at least had Megatron in fight, in this one he appeared for like 1 minute and didn't do shit. Also I liked the Alien rip-off evil overlord better, Sentinel looked too much like Optimus so I couldn't tell them appart in the fight"

But even with all that he still said he enjoyed a movie but that it could have been a lot better.

So, anyone have some of their stories?

2. PANTSMAN1973

PANTSMAN1973 Well-Known Member

Umm, why would non fans be reading these threads?

3. Crainy

Crainy Well-Known Member

My friends love all the movies. So does my brother and my father.

4. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:
    My friends like it, because they're dumb

5. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    Read the first post before posting

6. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Reborn Comics Fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My dad thought it was pretty good. He was surprised when Sentinel turned and killed Ironhide.

7. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    The non-fans I know who've seen the film enjoyed it, but said they probably wouldn't watch it again.

Your father is a most astute gentleman and I salute him.

8. PANTSMAN1973

PANTSMAN1973 Well-Known Member

Fare point. Ive just read it fully. I am at work doing some "illegal internetting" So forgive me for not giving it my full attention.

9. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So true. Only dumb people enjoy this movie.

10. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    Haven't asked anyone personally, but the theatre I was in gave the film a round of applause, so they seemed to like it. Sometimes I think Fans are like Critics - we get so obsessed over the bad bits we miss the bigger picture.

11. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    No prob :) 

12. Riptor

Riptor Active Member

Well, my colleagues and my girlfriend liked this one, but loved ROTF better. And as I stated before, so did I.

13. Greyley

Greyley Well-Known Member

My non-fan friends refuse to go see it. They hated RotF, and they're using that as a reason to avoid this one. They're doing the same thing the critics do...they had one bad experience, and now they're certain that the entire Transformer concept can never be any good, ever.

14. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Somebody's friends were watchin' and enjoying it. Unless that 400 mil was from a bunch of Transformer fans. We have strong numbers, but not that strong. Most of my friends loved it. They called me and emailed me to tell me that they loved it, as if I worked on the movie or something :lol 

15. Blot

Blot Terrorcon

My mom and sister went together and both really liked it. Supposedly, my mom even said "Yes!" outloud when Optimus executed Sentinel, lol (she also thinks his name is Centennial Prime, lol). In fact, that part was my one main quibble with the movie, but they both thought it was good and justified.

My brother thought it was great and he couldn't believe 2 and half hours had past when it ended. He did think Optimus killing sentinel was a little out of character.

My girlfriend had mixed feelings. She has a legends BB and Soundwave from the second movie. She was upset by what they did to each other in the movie and seriously didn't want them anymore afterwards LOL, but she forgave them the next day (I would have taken them off her hands ;)  ). She also thought Optimus executing Sentinel was bad. She's a Star Trek (and especially Spock) fan and she was loving Nimoy's voice acting.

They all thought Rosie was way better than Megan Fox, both as an actress and as a character.

A couple other general notes: I had on TF shirt at a Chili's and the host said he thought the movie was awesome. A Target customer service rep told me he thought the movie was awesome as he was helping me get a figure from the stockroom. Also, the people in the theaters seemed to love it. For example, a bunch of high schoolers were sitting behind me the second time I saw it and at the end one girl exclaimed how awesome the movie was and that was the kind of movie she would want to see five times.

I haven't heard anyone but professional critics and TF fans have an overall negative opinion of it.

16. Hiraga

Hiraga BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL

News Credits:
    My dad loved it, he said it was the best out of the three. Even my mom, who doesn't really care for action movies, liked this one a lot as well. And she didn't like either of the first two.
    Although on the way home, my mom had this entire rant on Shia Labeouf getting together with Rosie. She said that was the biggest piece of sci-fi in the entire movie. :lol 

17. WreckNRule426

WreckNRule426 Autobot

I went with two nonfan friends.

One's reaction, almost word-for-word, was "HOLY CRAP THAT WAS EPIC."

The other loved it too, but was disappointed by the ending because Optimus was technically defeated by Sentinel before Megatron went all deus-ex-machina on the plot to save him, and having seen how Megs slaughtered OP in the first movie before Sam killed him, he didn't like that kind of turnout.

18. al91176

al91176 Decepticon

Just about everything I've heard from people I know have been all positive. I know my friends wife has seen the first 2 more times than I can count. She knows them word for word.

19. ngnikolaos

ngnikolaos Well-Known Member

So far, a (female) friend from work went to see the premiere with me. She liked it a lot better than me (I started having my meh's after Ironhide's death -- I hate it when core characters die) and I was too dissappointed with SS and Soundwave to bother near the end.

She loved it though. And now that my head is clear and my expectations calmed after the deaths of my fave cons, I admit it's quite good, and although the final battle with Megs was short as hell, we must realize that the true big baddy in this film was Sentinel Prime, and his fights were quite well done.

20. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    My Mom loves it, even ROTF.

She thinks i just hate the movies because everyone else does.