What did TF:RotF do RIGHT?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Bathawk, Jun 30, 2009.

1. Bathawk

Bathawk Well-Known Member

hey all. Seems even those that love the movie can't argue that there was a LOT of things wrong with the movie (the lack of characterization of the 'bots and why Sam didn't use "his" allspark fragment to bring Prime back like they did with Megatron being the big ones for me)

Bu what did the movie do that was "improved over the last one? Here are a few I thought of

1.) Starscream: needed more screen time sure, but besides the fact he actualy got more than just one line. 'Screamer actualy seemed a lot like his old G1 self, bootlooking one moment and arrogant the next...unlike Megatron who was more of Darh Vader with a temper tantrum

2.)The twins...yes yes they were annoying, and yes they weren't Sideswipe and Sunstreaker...but the fact they establish that transformers have somethign akin tosiblings...Sideswipe may not be a "twin" anymore, but who knows we may see Pounce and Wingspan in the next film (or maybe not)

3.) Alice...first of all Alice? Couldn't they give here a cool name like "Bedhammer" or some such? However this shows a techno-organic TF...so you Beast Wars fans are only a second step away from seeing Cheetor or the live action screen

4.) They don't "need" the military. In the last film every Decepticon was taken down with the help of the US Military with the exception of Bonecrusher who was taken out by Prime...while the military was still "helping" (I mean Devastator...really?) Rampage, Ravage Grindor and the Fallen were beaen without a a single human's help

5.) speaking of Bonecrusher and Grindor, Grindor is apparently a "clone" of Blackout, and Bonecrusher's alt mode is seen in the final scene. So we know that TF's don't call "dibs" for an exclusive alt mode. And we can see more clones in the future....I smell Seekers!

6.) Wheelie annoying leg humper, still less annoying than his G1 counterpart

7.) less humans...barely. We lost John Voight and the hot Austrailian chick, and apparently traded one hyper ventilating computer nerd with another (what balck nerds fall out of fashion?)....now if something will only happen to Sam's mom

8.) Ravage ejected from Soundwave's chest, not a tapedeck/caseette combo....but Ravage ejected from Soundwave's chest!

9.) They created they're own mythology...I guess. One of the reasons TF: Animated grew on me is how they 'added" to the franchise. "Prime and Magnus" are now military ranks, optimus is a rookie, the Elite Guard.
    Having bits liek "the seven Primes"" they were on Earth to destroy the sun....heck did they even mention the origin of the Fallen's name in the comics?...though I still don't know why a "doomsday key" is called the autobot matrix of leadership other than fan wank

10.) a dead bot looks like a dead bot. While I would have liekd to see the Autobots during some "down time"...socializing, playing basketball, whatever. a challenge in killing a transformer is making look more "fatal" than unplugging a toaster. fists through chests, heads torn in two, and molten "blood" dripping down faces,.....when a character bites in in the movie, you can tell he's dead

that's all I got, anyone else have any other positives?

2. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

It wa an action movie, I don't know why people expected rainbows to pop out of the screen and land directly in their laps.

I thought it was entertaining. Why overanalyze it any more?

Edit:: For those who still haven't taken notice, Bonecrusher was also the one who popped the Arcee twin in the face near the end. He was in robot mode and it was clear as day.

3. Bathawk

did not know the Bonecrusher/Arcee bit, cool thanks

and yeah I know I know, you may love your sister to death, but if folks make fun of her club foot, third nostril and chronic halitosis...well let's just say I hope things can move in a more positive direction in the next installment

4. neoprimus01

neoprimus01 Jackpot

i wanted megan to pop out of the screen and...nevermind.

personally i enjoyed the movie, it's a good action flick. nothing more nothing less :thumb 

5. Soundatron

Soundatron A Blight Upon The Land

Agreed! Maybe some actual lines from Grindor. I mean Blackout was popular enough they brought him back in the form of Grindor, does that not warrant a line or two?

6. SuzyPrime

SuzyPrime The friendly lurker

If the people who didn't like the movie can go on and on about how horrible it was in post after post, let the people who liked it talk too.

Sheesh.

7. NemesisBruticus

NemesisBruticus Banned

Everything.

8. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    Sounds good, but there should have been Seekers in this series from the very first movie.

9. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

1. The opening sequence. Everything was perfect up till Prime executes Demolisher.

2. Sam going to college. Nothing great, but still funny.

3. The "Allspark in Sam's head" plot-line.

4. Alice the Pretender. Sure it didn't make any sense plot wise, but I enjoyed the heck of it.

5. Prime's speech at the NEST HQ.

6. The forest battle.

7. Megatron's resurrection and his interactions with Starscream and The Fallen.

8. Simmon's character was much more enjoyable this time around.

9. Pretty much all of Egypt and the conclusion.

10. Soundwave.

10. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Maybe Bonecrusher did survive the fight with Optimus. I mean he only go his head cut off. Just like being ripped in half that's a mere flesh wound for a Transformer.

11. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

I'm not sure if you're really telling the truth or not... there didn't seem to be any other robots in that part- but I'll check!

12. Bathawk

Oh almost forgot

11. AUtobot/Decepticon "identity": in the first movie, I think the words "autobot" and decepticon" were said once, maybe twice. and they're insignia's were "hidden" in logos on Ratchet, Barricade, Prime's hood ornament, ad so on...like they "had to have it"...but weren't trying to be obvious

the factions names ares said fairly often in the film, and the insiginas seem to show up more, In fact when Mikaela sees the Decepticon insignia on Jetfire and freaks out, I admit I smiled

13. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

So basically the whole movie except for Jetfire and the Twins?

14. sideswipe89

sideswipe89 Beachcomber

News Credits:
    lol "bedhammer"I thought that was really funny....and kinda appropiate. That decepticon was a ho! Forsho!

15. on_a_warpath

on_a_warpath OAW 2010

'Tis only a flesh wound!
    [​IMG]

That said, I thought that the Twins were awesome, because there ain't NOBODY messin' with Skids and Mudflap! Also, the forest battle was really whoopass.

16. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Ravage was okay.

17. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

And most of the humor lol. But yeah, the movie worked for me.

18. Tommybg2003

Tommybg2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ^ well said

19. Kando

Kando Well-Known Member

What did it do right?

It entertained me.

20. Da_Razorsaw

Da_Razorsaw Highwire ownz j00

News Credits:
    Am I the only one who thought Reedman was an awesome concept?