what dc titles are ending with all the crisis stuff? (spoilers for sure)

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Lumpy, Feb 7, 2006.

1. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    ok, so flash is gone for awhile, and my girlfriend wants to start reading wonder woman, but now its leaving too? and batgirl? what else is going away or on hiatus?

2. Superman_Alpha

Superman_Alpha TF: Animated FTW!!!

Gotham Central (Rucka closed the book, but DC would have kept it going if he had wanted it.)

Plastic Man (great book that no one ever bought)

Superman v2 (Adventures of Superman was just "Superman" thru #423, and it will regain that title with #650)

Flash v3 will debut this Summer

Wonder Woman v3 will debut whenever the writer can get the first arc written. They aren't in any hurry to rush the book.

3. Lumpy

News Credits:
    ww is on vol 3? huh...i never really payed attention to her before the omac project, and more specifically, sacrifice....

4. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

The Perez run TPBs would be a good start if your girlfriend wants to get into Wonder Woman, particularly the first volume.

5. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    JLA ends this week with issue 125. It'll be relaunched yet again later this year.

Hawkman is kind of ending, too. But instead of being cancelled or relaunched, it's being reformatted into Hawkgirl, with Kendra becoming the star of the title.

6. Lumpy

News Credits:
    thanks yak, ill have to check those out....it just feel bad, everytime she decides to start something, it gets cancelled, or ends up being lame...shes a major spiderman fan, and got into right at the new avengers thingy, then didnt get some issues, and wanted to start the other, but everything ive read about it, and told her, shes given me a look of like "you arent serious, whats the real story arc like" but i guess the wonder woman relaunch will be a good start for her...

7. RabidYak

The good thing about getting into the big name characters is that there is always a shitload of older material available in reprint if the current stuff isn't any good.

If she can do without colour, you could get her 13 years worth of Spider-Man in Essentials for about $120.

8. Lumpy

News Credits:
    no, i already looked into that, its all about the color...i did get her the first 5 or 6 issues in color in a trade though, she loved that...

9. RabidYak

As far as regular Spider-Man TPBs go, allot of it is either relatively recent post-renumbering stuff or 90s tosh. Theres still the odd volume of gold out there thougth, namely The Death of Gwen Stacy and Spider-Man Visionaries - John Romita. Kravens Last Hunt seems to have gone out of print, but thats worth a look if it ever makes a reappearence. The Wedding is in a TPB with the other notable Marvel Marriages (Summers/Grey, Ross/Banner, Richards/Storm), but thats a bit of a push if she isn't interested in the other characters.

Then of course theres the Masterworks, but those are far too expensive to buy for other people. They'll be prying my collection out of my cold dead hands before I ever give one away to someone.

10. The Spider

The Spider Well-Known Member

There's cheaper, paperback editions of some volumes of the Masterworks at I think most Barnes and Noble bookstores, if you can get to one. I forgot how far they've reprinted up to for some of them. And yes, they have glossy paper and are all in color.

11. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    have you had her try Ultimate Spider-Man? my wife really likes it, and she's pretty anti-comics... plus they have a good chunk of it available in the sweet oversized HCs...

12. RabidYak

The paperback Masterworks have been and gone, they only did a dozen or so of them and it looks like it was a one-off deal.

13. Lumpy

News Credits:
    whats the name of that wedding one? she'll love the MJ parker stuff...shes collecting all those barbies as dc and marvel characters, and i think im gonna propose using the MJ barbie thats out now...i just have to make sure she doesnt find it in stores first...and she doesnt like ultimate at all...ive been borrowing my friends trades and reading them, and she has read some before...we're both too stuck on original spidey to buy that...i understand the redoing, but some is just to drastic/crappy IMHO....

14. RabidYak

Marvel Weddings.

15. Xcandescent

Xcandescent TRUKKS are the new MUNKYS

Rucka had an interesting run on WW, pre-Sacrifice, where he set up a pretty major power shift among the Gods, and blinded WW for a while.

Of course, that whole arc got tossed in the dumpster with Infinite Crisis.

-XCN-

16. Agent Rodimal

Agent Rodimal Banned

If I'm not mistaken, Flash is returning with Bart Allen (Impulse, Kid Flash) as the main character. Wally, Linda and the twins left in issue 3 (I think) of Infinate Crisis.

Out

17. Lumpy

News Credits:
    cool, thanks guys...ill have to check out that marvel weddings for my gal...and yeah, i think barts the new flash too...kinda cool that wally may just retire and not have to die...and i read part of the ww blinding arc, where she was with flash and zoom showed up...that was cool

18. Superman_Alpha

Superman_Alpha TF: Animated FTW!!!

they haven't said who the Flash will be post-Crisis, but they did reveal at Wondercon that Wally lives.