What could this mean in TF4?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Jazzfan0217, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Jazzfan0217

Jazzfan0217 Just chillin'

ok so something like this might have been posted before but I don't know. awhile back i read the TF4 news post that gave us the release date of 6.29.14, i kept reading and came down to something interesting, in the post that said old characters might return, i like this idea very much. the main word here is return so i'm taking it as characters who have been in the movies before but i'm not sure as to who in specific their talkng about. are they saying bots like Jolt who skipped the last film or are they saying bots and cons who have been killed off? with the matrix an all why not bring a few 'bots back *cough* Jazz *cough*, just sayin'. what do you guys think?

2. ShOcKwAvE1213

ShOcKwAvE1213 THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

I was thinking Optimus and Bumblebee. That's what I got out of it.

3. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    they mean is that the surviving Autobots from DOTM will return for the fourth film like Optimus and Bee

they were not talking of the dead autobots

4. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    I don't know, but I hope it means the Wreckers will be coming back (and getting more toys...)!

5. PrimesRule

PrimesRule Banned

News Credits:
    I mainly await Optimus, Ratchet, Sideswipe and The Wreckers to return. Dino, he died in the novelization of DOTM so I don't know how that'll be resolved in TF4.

6. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    I don't see why the wouldn't bring the Wreckers back. Those alt modes were wicked!

7. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Since they are claiming no reboot I also think that it just means robots that were alive in the film universe at the end of Dark of the Moon.

Prime and Bumblebee are a given since Hasbro sees them as characters they can release 20 versions of each film. The other Autobots might be back, but the series has been known for characters just disappearing between films so don't bank on anything at this point.

8. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am guessing this means you haven't seen the major big tf4 megathread where this should go...reporting

9. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Pretty much this. We'll be lucky if Ratchet and Sideswipe are back for TF4. Having Dino and the Wreckers return would be almost too good to be true. :lol 

I often imagine that they would start off with the typical Optimus narration specifying something like "...we Autobots have separated, designating individual teams to span the globe in order to better help the planet..." while they show Optimus, Bumblebee, Ratchet and [insert new characters X and Y] driving (/flying) down a USA highway, and then cut to the Wreckers barrelling down a dusty Australian road, and then show Dino and Sideswipe racing down the Autobahn (sp?). That way, if they wanted, the only Autobot characters to actually be relevant in the film would be the first group that I mentioned. The others would be inherent that they were out-and-about protecting their designated areas. But other than those few shots of them driving, they wouldn't be shown (plot-dictating, of course). I think it's a reasonable way for them to establish the continuity, acknowledge the characters' existence but then be able to focus on a smaller, core cast of Autobots.

10. Jazzfan0217

Jazzfan0217 Just chillin'

No, sorry. I think I may have posted this thead before that thread started...I'm not sure though.

11. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Looking at the dates you did make this before that. Not your fault if someone revives your old thread. It'll probably get merged into the Megathread now though.

On a side-note, the Megathread could probably do with being stickied. As of me writing this it's dropped to the second page where people making new threads won't see it to know not to.

12. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    my apologies, my fault
    just a little tired of the new threads popping up and when people tell the OP about the megathread the OP is rude and says stuff like "so this is my thread and I want answers in my own thread" type crap. I have reported those threads but....

13. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Since TF4 will exist in the same continuity as the existing movie canon, any characters that have not yet died have the possibility of appearing.

14. tgd124

tgd124 Junkion Wrecker

i think it's going to be a prequel of sorts... they were talking about a whole new cast, maybe even eliminating human beings from the movie completely. that being said, i hope we get to see jazz, the wreckers, the twins (like em or hate em, i thought they were funny), and i am really hoping for cliffjumper and sunstreaker

15. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Interner Soldier

News Credits:
    When was that even mentioned?

16. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

some dead autobots rebuilt as new autobots