What could cause Bladder Cancer?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by IceMagnus, Mar 27, 2012.

1. IceMagnus

IceMagnus STARCO FTW!!!!!

News Credits:
    Um, my mother was dignosed with Bladder Cancer like 2 months ago. All I am asking is what could cause it? She has a type of radiation treatment every 17th of every month, she also had some sugerys.

2. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
  3. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    There is so many things that can cause cancer, it is hard to tell if not impossible to tell. To be honest, even if you knew it would not make it better, even though it seems right now like it will.

The good news is that they have revolutionary new methods for bladder cancer. In fact they are able to grow new bladders from stem cells and Pig Bladder (believe it or not) and cut out whole bladders and replace them with new. Not sure where that stands in the approval stage, but they have that type of stuff now.

Also, Bladder cancer is survivable. So don't give up hope.

I lost my father in law last year to Cancer. Some rare lung cancer that went to his heart. Insane really. We were trying to find a reason and in the long run there is no reason. It is the way life is.

4. IceMagnus

IceMagnus STARCO FTW!!!!!

News Credits:
    The reason why I ask is because I am curious about all kinds of diseases now. And I am sorry for your loss. My grandmother is a Breast Cancer surviver. Thank you for the information.

5. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Well Cancer is very tricky. Obviously things like smoking raise the rates and so on.

But realistically do you want to find out? I mean, my father in law use to drink a lot. We figured he would die of Liver failure before anything else.

We were trying to see if his drinking led to the type cancer, but there is no correlation. We felt bad, but at the same time, we wanted to see who was to blame. Could he have avoided it? Realistically no, and I am happy that he couldn't. I think it would have been worst to find out there was a correlation.

You don't want to find out something your mom did could have prevented it. So you may want to try to avoid investigating it. I am turning old now, and am very health conscious, but I do dumb things all the time. Everyone does. Doesn't mean we deserve anything like cancer, or that we could have avoided it.

However, if your interested in all disease, follow that. You never know where it would lead. You may find the cure for cancer, or some other horrible disease.

6. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I'm sorry to hear about your mom, IceMagnus. Bladder cancer is quite treatable, provided they detect it early; hopefully, she'll be able to continue leading a long and healthy life.

As for causes... artificial hair dye is a prime culprit.

7. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Really! Get the fuck outta here. Gotta talk to the wife. For fucks sake.

Do you have a link on this?

8. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
  9. WidowMaker91

WidowMaker91 Well-Known Member

Hell I'm pretty sure ANYTHING can cause it...yes even drinking water!

10. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Yeah, not to mention holding it in too long.

(no really, my dad would always tell me go to the bathroom before trips because if I didn't, I'd have to hold it in & get a bladder infection or ball cancer)

11. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    Keep trucking in there and supporting her, IceMagnus. Do whatever you can and know you can to help.

12. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Giving up on the fiction.

News Credits:
    Well, half of my family is screwed then. My mom and sister have been dying their hair so long I've never seen their true hair colors.

13. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    they don;t know what causes cancer (if they did they would be able to treat and cure it) they only know what contributes to cancer and not all cancers (like mine) have contributes