What completes this set : SkyWarp or Thundercracker ?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by RedAlert Rescue, Dec 31, 2010.

1. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Since this has come up a lot lately - perhaps in part due to the Fake Sekers doing the rounds. I thought I'd make a thread to harvest opinion on the following question.

[​IMG]

Considering that now as then we have rubsigns again, and that all 3 Thundercrackers are like the TV show or Original toy (bassically like the Henkei one).

Hasbro gave us with these two what I see as Starscream & Skywarp of the Future with slightly different colours and completely different stripe patterns.

But were obviously missing a completion - so what should it be - is anyone even bothered ?

Or should Hasbro just make a new Skywarp instead and claim that Universe Starscream & Generations Thundercracker make a set ?

So I'm asking which way should Hasbro Jump yet another Thundercracker in a slightly not-G1 colour to match the 2 pictured or should they instead make another Hasbro Skywarp with the shared G1 wing stripes deco that is perhaps more like the Henkei one.

I consider it unlikely that either set will be completed and the only true matching set you will probably get is the Henkei ones - but I'd be interested in which is more important to the fandom in general to have ; would it be Skywarp or another 'Different to Generations' Thundercracker. Or perhaps both ?

2. 123►Genei-Jin

123►Genei-Jin Member

3. UKBrawn

UKBrawn No arms just CLAWS!!

Well they already corrected the naff classics starscream deco with a "better" release. There is a chance they might correct Skywarp in a future wave.

4. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Classics Starscream + Classics Skywarp = a set.

But does Generations Thundercracker, or Botcon Thundercracker look like it completes the set ?

Generations Thundercracker + Universe Starscream make a set too and they would be lacking for a Generations Sjkywarp - basically like the Henkei one without the chrome.

Whereas Takara have made a set of 3 that matches perfectly with their Henkei Trio Hasbro always seem to be one short of a matching set.

This problem even applies to some extent with the Conehead Thrust and Dirge as they are quite similar to the G1 versions but Ramjet is a bit different - not massively so but still more of an evolution than a match to the G1 colours.

So I guess what would be nice to see is a Generations Skywarp or some crazy colored Thundercracker - but that raises the question is the set actually complete now with ;

Classics Starscream + Botcon Actionmaster Thundercracker & Classics Skywarp ?

Or should we see the set as more like KO Black Starscream + Botcon Thundercracker + ?