What comes after Titans Return?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Cal, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    With Titans Return featuring characters who appeared in the last G1 episodes, I've been asking myself what could Hasbro do with the Generations line after this? They may start a line of Micromaster or Pretender remakes, but those character don't benefit from a screen appearance like current Generations figures. Will Hasbro go back to square one and remake Optimus Prime and Bumblebee for the umpteenth time? Will they develop a new line of figures from other shows like Beast Wars or AEC? Or will they concede that the Generations line has finally reached its end and focus on figures from current Transformers media like The Last Knight and Robots in Disguise? Any guesses?

2. hendrijr

hendrijr Well-Known Member

Power of the Primes is next and then the Prime Wars trilogy will be over. As for generations after that...well, we haven't gotten dinobots yet.

• Like Like x 2
  3. combinerlover

combinerlover MONSTRUCTOR's BFF ;)

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I`ve actually noticed that they divide characters up and release them over the course of years ( such as the INSECTICONS ) , I mean yeah were getting a lot of season 2/3 right now , as well as season 4 in the states .... with nods to every thing after .... Actionmasters ;)  We have yet to see DINOBOTS , as well as a few others ... so If they follow the current trend and they happen to do any representation for THE PRETENDERS ect then I`m damn certain we will still be getting Season 1,2,3,4 nods as well .... they have plenty of gestalts left to take up shelf space as well . And I don`t know , call me crazy but I strongly feel like BEASTWARS , BEAST MACHINES , the UNICRON TRILOGY , and who knows maybe CAR ROBOTS / RID 2001 will start showing up as well ... much like the thrilling 30`s line . Imo , the generations line has turned out to be the best thing since TRANSFORMERS started ... It is the perfect reimaginning of all the lines in to one solid entity . And after many years of being disenchanted by most of the approaches taken with the line , it feels as though every thing just makes since now , and I love that :)  .

• Like Like x 1
  4. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    Power of The Primes, a line about Primes and other people who have held the title of leader. Hasbro has stated their doing their best to continue on and do everything from G1 from the years. Most of the current figures are from 86/87 with some exceptions. Their also really pushing into the Japanese G1 era stuff too. Star Saber and Deathsaurus have been featured a lot recently. Deathsaurus just got a new figure but theres a computer listing for another one, both are on the POTP poll too. Sky Shadow and Overlord are also coming. We're getting the Headmaster Warriors as Titanmasters as well. A lot of rumors for the remaining waves of TR are around the later 87 figures. I'd imagine POTP will continue with later G1 both US and Japan, with the few obvious Prime and whoever thrown in.

5. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just hope that they don't do a new gimmick for the line and just use existing ones so we can have more combiners and titan masters...

• Like Like x 3
  6. BlackHawkOmega

BlackHawkOmega Just trying my best.

News Credits:
    Was there? I don't think I've ever seen that

7. GreednGluttony

GreednGluttony grumpy smurf

Some more love for the beast and unicron trilogy lines :( 

8. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Well we still haven't gotten the Predacons, or Terrorcons yet. Pretenders.
    And it it possible in another 5 years or more they'll be another Classics line with new molds of G1 characters; Hasbro will always reinvent the wheel.. But I am hoping to see more Beast Wars, or Beast Machines. or maybe AEC classics eventually.

9. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Strongly hoping for Pretenders and Beast Combiners myself.

10. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    My prediction for POTP:
    Each wave is going to focus on a different Prime/Colony world/gimmick.

Wave 1 Leader class Onyx Prime. Deluxes and voyagers are all beast modes.
    Wave 2 Nexus Prime. 4 deluxes and a voyager to form the Prime himself. Accompanied by a leader class Megatronus or Liege Maximo.
    The legion and legends pricepoint will almost certainly be dominated by micromasters and minicons. (Legends class Micronus Prime)

The generations line seems to cycle its themes out over 18 months. (6 waves). We have a year left with titans return. (Nov 2018)
    Then power of the primes begins.
    Potp ends in May 2019
    2019 will be the 35th anniversary of g1, the 20th anniversary of beast machines, the 15th anniversary of Energon, and the 10th for Revenge of the Fallen

Any one of thos sound like a good theme for generations to tackle that cycle

• Like Like x 1
  11. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Really hoping for an all in one Rodimus and Ultra Magnus voyager scale in the Power of the Primes line!

• Like Like x 1
  12. DestinedAnarky

DestinedAnarky I want more cosmic MCU

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Let us not forget that newer updates to particular characters still need to be done as well. Inferno, Red Alert, Sideswipe, voyager seekers, Grapple, the Reflector trio...

• Like Like x 1
  13. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, it's weird. Two prominent characters that we don't have to scale yet are Rodimus Prime and Shockwave. What is Hasbro waiting for?!

• Like Like x 1
  14. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I would Jazz my jeans for a voyager shockwave

• Like Like x 2
  15. dirtmodeler

dirtmodeler Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    best modes and a bunch of primes? well, the good news is my wallet will get a rest!

16. Diecast G2

Diecast G2 Transtectorless

News Credits:
    I swing more towards Rodimus Prime myself, but to each his own.

Seriously, we're getting a Titanium re release this year. That's literally the best mold they've got for the guy!?

17. NotRamjet97

NotRamjet97 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They leave, probably.

18. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    I would love to get a voyager Shockwave. Of course I would love to have a voyager Soundwave that fits better on my CHUG shelf then the FOC one (sitting on my video game shelf currently) but look how Hasbro screwed me over on that one with a bigger version I can't afford right now. At least I currently have Legends Shockwave which hits me in all the right places with his awesome references to The Revenge of Bruticus.

And as for Rodimus Prime, well, still need a CHUG Ramhorn, Ratbat, & Steeljaw plus a G1 colored Unicron (would get the Platinum but damn it that price!) so hey guess at this point I'll never be truly complete with my 86 movie cast right? Might as well add a Voyager Rodimus Prime to that list.

19. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Or like Animated which didn't have a centralized gimmick, rather each figure had its own unique gimmick.