What Comes After DoTM?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by OreoBuilder, Oct 24, 2010.

1. OreoBuilder

OreoBuilder Well-Known Member

It's very early to start thinking about this, but what will be coming, toy-wise, after the movie trilogy is wrapped up? Hasbro's pattern since the movies had been to make movie toys in movie years and Classics/Universe/Generations toys in non-movie years (with some movie toys repainted as HfTD/RtS).

So, I guess what I'm wondering is, after the trilogy is wrapped up, will there still be a need to make CHUG toys? Will everything be TF: Prime related or will there be several lines/styles going at once?

I collect CHUG almost exclusively, so I would hate to see classic-inspired designs disappear completely.

What do you guys think?

OB

2. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    Chug will always be there....prime toys is prolly next....knowing hasbro loves money...they will either do a 4th movie or reboot it, if they reboot it, it should be entirely shot cgi...or a prequel....but the toys will be still be there...

3. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Personally, I'm hoping for another catch-all line that has movie, classics, and animated style figures.

4. Rigas

Rigas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd say DOTM toys, then they will fold the last waves of not really movie toys but kinda into CHUG. Then Prime will be out or about to be out.

5. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    TF Prime Toyline cause hasbro sayed on theri webcast that priem toys wil lbe coming on october 2011

6. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    We'll definitely have a line for TF: Prime, but we also might have a line in the vein of the yellow box line, which has classics and movieverse styled figs as well.

7. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

I honestly think Generations is going to be the last of the Classics-styled figures. They [Hasbro] seems to be making a point of pumping out all the characters everyone's been bitching about since 2006: Kup, Scourge, Jazz, Wheeljack, etc.

Sure there are plenty of characters left, but they've taken care of the original 18 of the Ark, and they've taken care of a lot of the bigger names of the later seasons.

After the next movie, I imagine Hasbro simply moving on to the next thing.

8. Charsiupao

Charsiupao Well-Known Member

there are still loads of characters in the movies not done properly, though.. I mean if they released a Leader Blackout in 5 years time it will still probably sell..

They'd probably keep the line in the same way Star Wars are even today still releasing movie figures (although the Clone Wars seem to have the edge in numbers, some people, like me, will always only buy movie). How many of us will resist a Human Alliance Ironhide and Ratchet in scale with Buster Prime and Deluxe Bee, Sideswipe and Jazz? Or maybe even a tripple-changer HUGE in-scale Devastator? The movies may end but the love will never die, I think.

9. T-Logicon

T-Logicon assembles the drones

Agreed. Well said.

10. tide

tide NEON PRIDE

News Credits:
    ...You're right, I would totally buy a HA Ironhide and Ratchet.
    Also, I think it would be interesting to see movie-style designs in the CHUG line a long time from now.

11. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

There already are. There are tons of debates over whether figures like Seaspray, Mindwipe, Lockdown, Lugnut, Breacher, etc. can be placed on Classics shelves

12. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

Doing detailed studies based off ROTF toys. the ROTF toys are getting newer molds made for 2009 & 2010. with a few newer molds & repaints comming in the first quarter of 2011.
    with repaints comming in the 2nd quarter of 2011. then repaints/remold filling out the first few waves of the TF3 toy line.

Based off those studies above,The TF3 toys will get new molds made all thru 2011. with TF3 newer molds made all thru 2012. My guess at some point they'll be a universe TF toy line in around late 2012/early 2013 that will have all the previous TF toys recolored & under a different label.

My solid guess around october 2011,we'll start seeing some TF prime toys.

After TF3,Their won't be a TF4 (Thank god,no more shia & micheal bay) they'll most likely be a re-booted TF movie with toy line in 4+years from now,around the year 2015.

13. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Detailed studies? You're kidding right?

14. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

The engineering styles from all of the different lines are going to converge to make an ultimate line of toys. Hasbro will try to push the boundaries of what a toy can do, just like they always have. Prime will probably keep airing after DOTM is out on DVD, since Hasbro owns it rather than another network, and any new characters that appear will get toys in the appropriate size classes. The movies will keep influencing TFs, just like all the other past series. There'll be helicoptors named Blackout, police cars named, Barricade, etc.

15. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    They said TF: Prime toys are comming out next fall/winter and CHUGUR too.

16. caecae22

caecae22 mere human

transformers the DOMB

death of michael bay!
    lol

17. Mighty.Maximal

Mighty.Maximal Banned

The slight problem I see is that it's tricky to put Classics toys in Movie 3 boxes without looking a bit weird.

I know some people regard "Reveal the Shield" as a Movie line but it looks more like a mixed continuity line to me.

I don't see any Live action Movie character references on Cyclonus & Hotrodimus' box it seems very 1980's focused with Unicron shown and Scourge & Kup updates shown.

So to me Reveal the Shield is like a Universe brand that happens to also include the Live action Movie characters as an option.

I don't think we really know what they plan to do once the movie 3 toys come out - even if they don't officially can the flanker brands they still seem to get swamped anyway.

18. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I could see them doing more cross revisions of characters. Like hot there is an Animated Lockdown and ROTF/CHUG Lockdown and Movie Bloackout getting an Animated Blackout.

I'd assume it's going to be more characters that the kids of now are more familiar with and such.

That said a Classics rendition of Animate Sentinel Prime would be sweet. And a Animated version of movie Ravage.

19. SaberBurst

SaberBurst Guardian

I'm guessing TF: Prime is next but I really want them to do a re-issue of the classics figures because I was too young to either go online to buy them or go into store to pick them up.

20. MintCondition

MintCondition Autobot Cartoonist

Ebay:
    Yeah, same here. I'd love to get my hands on Classics Megatron...that thing turned into a Nerf Maverick for cryin' out loud! I still want that one sooo bad.