what class toys for each character in the new movie are the most to scale?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Bottom Out, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Bottom Out

Bottom Out Well-Known Member

Since you guys are the experts i figure its best to ask you this question. Which toy classes does each character represent himself the best scale wise for the recent movie? i hope you guys get what im asking

2. a person

a person Is not amused.

News Credits:
    The 2007 movie, or 2009 movie?

If you're talking about 'Revenge of the Fallen,' we really don't know too much about the size and scaling of the characters.

With the first movie line, different toys were in scale with eachother. For example; Deluxe Bonecrusher was in scale with Deluxe Brawl, and Leader Optimus Prime was in scale with Voyager Ironhide.

Basically the best scaling should be like this;

Deluxes - Cars and Animals,
    Voyagers - Small Trucks, Hummers, Small Boats etc.
    Leaders - Tanks, Planes and Large Trucks.

3. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

The Autobots were mostly in scale with each other, plus or minus: Leader Prime, Voyager Ironhide and Ratchet, Deluxe Bumblebee and Jazz. Jazz and Leader Prime should be a wee bit smaller to be in scale, but for all intents and purposes those toys are close enough.

The Decepticons...uh...I guess Leader Brawl is in scale with the Autobots. And Starscream might be in scale with some Legends-sized cars?

4. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wouldn't have minded a Voyager version of Bonecrusher instead of a Deluxe only (no Leader version though!). Leader Megatron probably should've been a bit bigger...I'm still not sure what scale the Decepticons are supposed to be (Starscream as tall as Prime or more in line with Ironhide/Ratchet like I thought? Some of the estimated heights I've seen offered up don't mix with what I see in the movie, and I've seen it dozens and dozens of times).

Autobots are good though. Those are pretty solid, scale-wise.

5. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Not to mention the comparison between altmode scale and botmode scale, makes it a bit harder.

6. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

Heh. Don't worry about it so much. We're Transformer fans. It wouldn't be the series we've enjoyed for so long if the toys were all in-scale, right?

But seriously. Try not to worry about it too much. ILM, Michael Bay, and the 80s animators didn't worry about it either.

As just one example of weird mass-shifting, in real life the F-22 is a bit longer than a whole truck, from nose tip to the back of the trailer. I know Starscream has a wide robot mode to make him shorter, but he should still be a pretty darn huge robot. However, in the movie Starscream seems to be the same height as Ratchet and Ironhide.

Trust me. Just don't worry about scale.