What charcter they shouldn't make for the classic line

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Csolowalt, Jan 21, 2007.

1. Csolowalt

Csolowalt Well-Known Member

I'm sure we can be confident almost any obsecure charcter we can think- proably won't get the classic issue- but I think it's fun to think of those less known names out there, or charcters that were just a flop.

I think I will go with the sharkicons (?)- the shark bots that were in the movie

2. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    Arcee & Sunstorm.

Arcee was the worst thing to happen to G1 until all the toys started going downhill around 1988, and Sunstorm is a newly invented character that does not ever need to be apart of the G1 line-up, in hindsight or otherwise.

3. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

Mixmaster

4. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wheelie *ducks and hides*

Erector? :D 

5. CdnShockwave

The little blue minicon

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    As much as I hate to admit it... Blitzwing or the Stunticons.

7. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

Tote

8. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    Your post is unclear - are you asking for characters that are obscure in the overall sense, or are you asking for characters that were a flop, or are you asking for characters that don't deserve to be made in the Classics line?

I'm going to venture you mean the last, and in that case - I would have voted Ultra Magnus and Skywarp, despite the fact that they have already been made. He's not REALLY a classic like the others in the line thus far, and it would have been far better to see another character take his place. This could mean Shockwave, Soundwave, or even Galvatron.

9. Csolowalt

Csolowalt Well-Known Member

Your right in meaning the later

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    And why shouldn't Skywarp deserve to be in the Classics line?

11. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Everything is Awesome

News Credits:
    Please don't take this the wrong way. I'm not trying to say 'you are wrong'. After reading this, however, I am left wondering, what in your opinion, makes Galvatron more valid in the Classics line than Ultra Magnus? I'm just looking for your line of logic, not trying to start any shit (despite my love of UM).

I see them both as equally valid. They were introduced at the same time and both played pivotal roles in the season that followed the film.

12. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I say WHAT AM I SAYING THOSE WHO GET THE CLASSICS TRETMENT ARE LUCKY

I say Lest likely would be Trailbreaker and Galvatron

13. CdnShockwave

Well, maybe not as his own mold. But I wouldn't be surprised if they did a repaint of Megatron and slapped the Galvy name on it.

14. MagiRanger

MagiRanger Banned

Ebay:
    Sideswipe and the others. Cars are boring.

15. butz

butz slippery when wet

Figures they shouldn't make? Any more depicting characters they've already done as Classics (especially Prime).

16. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    Because he's a straight-up recolor/remold of Starscream in G1. And for a line of truly ICONIC characters, a copy like Skywarp doesn't deserve to be there. (Naturally, of course, I recognize the Classics line as a product that is meant to make money, but if we're talking in idealistic terms about what the Classics line "should be"...)

Gen. Magnus has a point, though, about Galvatron. I think, to me, at least, it's probably the way they EXECUTED Magnus in the Classics line, making him nothing more than a repaint of Prime. That's not the way he's depicted in the G1 series, or even in the comics (save for one DW issue), and if the Classics line is truly meant to be a re-imagination of G1 with today's technology, the Magnus figure we're given is a waste - in this way, the Classics line would benefit from the lack of "dead weight," as it were. (And, as I imagine it, Galvatron would be an entirely unique mold)

I find it unfortunate that before other iconic characters are created (such as Shockwave and/or Soundwave), that other characters names are used to sell repaints.

17. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

The only G1 TF I don't want to see are soundwave, blaster and there tapes, reflector and preceptor, cos all of them have really lame ridiculous alt modes, I mean look at the sorry joke that is classic meg's, I mean he's rubbish, looks like a disco fairy. Hand held objects just don't make good TF's, in fact the only gun TF there should ever be is shockwave cos he's a space cannon thing and can look like a freaky handgun with out the stupid factor.

18. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's pretty much my reasoning for why Cliffjumper and Ramjet shouldn't have been included. Really, did either one of those characters ever do very much in any TF medium? Granted, they at least put some effort into remolding Ramjet, but those two aren't really the kind of stand-out, broad appeal characters I'd expect for a line like this.

19. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    For a line of classic Transformer icons, it needs a Shockwave, a Soundwave, a Jazz, a Galvatron, and at least one combiner. And no straight repaints for any of them, so the Classics Constructicons do not count in that. Personally, I'd love to see a classic take on Superion or Menasor. or better still, Predaking...

20. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

WHY!