what characters wont work in animated

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by wasp819, Feb 4, 2009.

1. wasp819

wasp819 L-I-V-I-N

Ebay:
    I was thinking the other day about the fact that mass shifting/shrinking has been outlawed in both animated and the movie cause its not relistic which is fair enough, its gunna be interesting to see in the movie how the bikes arcee thing works cause i guess when a bike transforms it gunna be considerable small than a car.
    Anyway in the animated episode with soundwave we see him at the end looking like his G1 cassette mode But if that is indeed soundwave he is gunna be so small when he transforms so im thinking could this be infact rumble or frenzy??
    I would love to see mirage in the show cause he would be awesome and his character would fit right in with the show, i would also like to see rattrap from beastwars but as a rat he would be tiny when in bot mode (unless the mutation thing kicks in again - giant spider, wasp etc..)
    So because of this mass shifting thing what charaters wont we see???????????

2. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    Reflector :cry  one of my favorites from G1, he/they deserves to be in it! or in universe... or something! he's/they're one of the most underrused characters from G1...

3. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually, I don't think the tapedeck he looks like in the end of the episode will transform at all. I think he will use sound signals to call in automaton drones, that form a body around him...oh wait, just like he did in the episode! :lol 

The picture Mr. Wyatt posted a while back seems to suggest this as well, you can see there is a red leg cut through filled with automatons..probably Soundwave's leg.

Anyway I don't see why any bot wouldn't work..the one bot that couldn't work was Soundwave, and they gave him a different alt mode..so they could practically use any bot! :) 

4. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Any Triple-Changer since they need to be insane to handle three modes.

5. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Um......................................................... Blitzwing.

6. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    i think that was his point-we wont get any more triple changers cause they'd be nuts, and that doesnt fit the personality of many past characters-it sorta works for Blitzwing, but not for anyone else.

7. underwear-ninja

underwear-ninja Eats Gobots for breakfast

I don't think a combiner would work out too well. Not because of bad writing or anything, but it would just look really messed up in the Animated style- like a really tall person in a spandex suit with vehicles taped to them :x Really any character with a really huge and complex design would probably be a bad idea. Omega Supreme pulls it off because he's also really short and squatty- proportionally speaking- where as most other large characters have a more ideal figure proportion (such as Devestator)

8. Ravage1976

Ravage1976 Well-Known Member

But the original plan was to include Devestator so obviously the folks making the show dont agree

9. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
    I have thought about this one long and hard. If they are keeping to their original charcters from the shows, then nothing from BM,Unitril or RID should ever live again.

All the G1 stuff from the cartoons would work fine in this show. I could live with Dinobot from BW turning up and turning Blackarachnia & Wasp into the new Predacon faction.

The guys that have done animated, have done such a good job with the characters, I think they could get away with anyone.

10. AMG

AMG Old School

I agree with this.

11. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Even Kicker from Armada???

12. night-skyward

night-skyward Collects animated, mainly

i think they can pull anyone off. They have there giant space creatures or mutation for BW characters.

I think that they could use other triple changers, without them being crazy. But hey will see, and im sure the guys can do a good job anyway.

13. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
    Very fair point. To clarify any bot character from the shows. The humans have always been crap. Also not to sure how I feel about nightbird?

14. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I'd like to see Clones done in Animated. Same robot modes but different alt modes. There's a challenge for the designers that may be hard to get work - as toys at least. :) 

15. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah Wingspan and Pounce would be a cool counter to the safeguard boys

16. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

It's an inventive group doing Animated, so I just don't see any character being outside of what they could do.

For example spiders are small, so how do they get around that, well maybe alien spiders are huge. Heck I bet they could even get by with someone like Quickstrike by having Blitzwing help him pick his alt mode.

Even if it didn't make it into the cartoon I think it would be neat if they could put together a book or something of what different characters would look like in the Animated universe. It's always interesting to see what sort of new take they are going to find while still finding that way to stay true to the past.

17. chapsy

chapsy Well-Known Member

y'know, I really got to thinking that when I was watching the show on youtube and I saw "Rise of the Constructicons" on one of the episode titles.
    yet only Mixmaster and Scrapper showed up :( 
    not that I don't like them, I think they're hilarious. but how are they gonna work the other Constructicons in?
    Maybe they'll come back to earth and steal some more vehicles to make into constructicons, and later on decide to become combiners?

18. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    The rest of the Constructicons or the other Gesalt Teams unfortunately