What characters should be the head only Titan Master figures?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Bass X0, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Thats only six molds though, and they're doing two of them so possibly more.

2. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    Oh they can make all the Titan Masters they want but I'll only buy those six.

3. Mizzinno

Mizzinno Merc With A Mouthplate

News Credits:
    Prowl and Sunstreaker have been Headmasterish in the past, Starscream/Seekers for the jet molds.

4. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    i'd totally buy a hunter figure

5. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    Any of the little monster bots, non show characters and head only characters, which gives them a good load up

6. GuardianPrime19

GuardianPrime19 Prime

News Credits:
    This 100010x over

7. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If recognizability truly mattered, they would've named it Grimlock from the get-go because Grimlock's name recognition is going to matter a helluva lot more than "Clobber." I didn't realize that Clobber figure was supposed to reference Grimlock until I ended up on the wiki page saying that yes, this is Grimlock. Brawn & Nightbeat got to keep their names; no reason not to use Grimlock's own unless they somehow lost the rights to it, which I doubt.

Hasbro or Takara didn't recycle old names for minicons (either G1 characters or actual micromasters) when they were introduced; why can't that hold here by just whipping up a bunch of new characters?

As for Overkill, I'd much rather see a Legends sized version of him to go with Buzzsaw/Ravage/Rewind and all the other Soundwave/Blaster minions.

8. TFfanatic88

TFfanatic88 Banned

Autobots: Minerva, Kirk, Rodney, Loafer, Sunstreaker/Hunter O'Nion, Armada Blurr/Incinerator, Sari

Decepticons: The Headmaster/Henry Masterson, Starscream/Dr. Arkeville, Birdbrain/Rairyu, Bristleback/Gairyu, Icepick/Goryu, Scowl/Doryu, Slog/Kakuryu, Wildfly/Yokuryu

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
  9. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

Yup.

How can you call it a headmaster if there's no body to attach it.

Head no?!

It's Head ON!

10. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    I think its so kids don't get confused with RiD Grimlock, even though we still get Optimus Prime, Megatron, Starscream and Bumblebee from multiple continuities simultaneously.

I want more obscure characters getting toys through Titan Master figures. Morsa is a repurposed Squeezeplay as a new character (who has the same name as the Italian release of Squeezeplay) who made a brief appearance in the IDW comics.
    Morsa - Transformers Wiki
    So I'd like him to get a Titan Master figure to his name. Nobody cares about the Morsa character, it would just make a decent choice for a repaint of Crashbash IMO.

11. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    I want an animated headmaster!

also want all the japanese hm's and other stuff

12. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    They should make movie heads.

13. Fenrir Zero

Fenrir Zero Permanently Retired (1984-2020)

Just two.

1) Post-"Beast Wars Reborn" Convoy
    2) Post-"Beast Wars Reborn" Megatron

I have not been able to find the final chapter to the series, translated or otherwise, but I think this would be a fun way for TakaraTomy to do a follow-up in Transformers Legends. :) 

14. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    They're mainly focusing on characters from 1987 for Titans Return. They shouldn't always do the popular guys again and again and again. Although I will agree that the Dinobots have been neglected lately, and the movie Dinobots don't count.

Yeah, there are a few characters from other years. Given that they made it a standard feature for every Voyager to be a triple changer, they chose the three 1985/1986 Decepticon triple changers. I'm also okay with Galvatron having a Voyager toy since his Deluxe one just doesn't cut it. Blaster would have been chosen because they wanted Scout (cassette) toys to interact with the leader toy.

The "Junior" Headmasters (Nightbeat's original 80s size class) deserve new molds before the Dinobots do for Titan Masters yet they've only been done so far as Titan Masters. It could be argued that Doublecross doesn't deserve a new toy before Grimlock and Nightbeat do, but Doublecross has never received a second toy before now so I approve of Hasbro choosing him as having a new toy.

I think Titans Return Deluxe waves four and five will be very interesting character choices. By wave three they have given us all seven main Headmasters, four out of eleven Targetmasters, one Powermaster and also one left-field Monsterbot. I expect we will see mostly the remaining Targetmasters (Kup, Sureshot, Pointblank, Crosshairs, Misfire, Slugslinger and Cyclonus) for waves four and five plus other left-field choices.

The Titan Masters class exists and needs characters of its own to fill it. Not every character is able to have a new Deluxe mold even when they deserve it. Whoever is chosen to be a Titans Master figure will have people complaining that they should have been a proper full size figure instead.

Yes, I agree that Hasbro should release Takara's unique head molds as Titan Masters in America.

I agree with this too, but it seems like Hasbro wanted to do the Decepticon triple changers first. Octane and Blitzwing have yet to be announced but their "pre-tools" have been shown. I'm sure Apeface and Snapdragon will be announced next year as the next new Voyager molds.

Overboard would only have gotten a new toy since an appropriate dinosaur Titan Masters mold has been created. They can't do molds for everyone. I'd like Crashbash repainted into Snarl and Tyrannitron, his original Action Master partner. I think that would work well, Crashbash's head would kinda resemble Snarl's if it were painted black. Not perfect but very close.

I'd like Dr. Archeville to become Starscream's head, or any other seeker since they all look the same.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
  15. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

Powertrain for the upcoming Titan Voyager Optimus.
    Overload
    Pretender Autobots. Robots based on the shell and turn into the heads of the inner robots.

What would people like to see current heads repainted as?

16. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Crashbash as Snarl
    Loudmouth as Nightbeat
    Nightbeat as Loudmouth
    Brawn as Jipe
    Skytread as Swerve
    Highbrow as Rebirth colors Highbrow

[​IMG] [​IMG]

17. Kirby0189

Kirby0189 Soundpost

I feel the same way.

18. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    i'll echo the cries of people wanting Titanmasters based on the Headmaster Warriors, Henry Masterson, Sari Sumdac, Hunter O Nion, Bullet, Zetca, and Aquastar.

some other one's i'd like to see.....
    assuming we ever get Armada Sideways as a deluxe and he gets packed with Crosswise, i'd like to see Rook as a singlepack TiMa
    same goes for Reverse Convoy, pack him with the Prime head, sell the Megatron head seperately
    Beast Machines Megatron. redeco the Crashbash critter in tm2 colours, and base his head mode on the Grand Mal
    Armada Minicons, with head modes based on their partners and vehicles based on their original alt modes.
    Takara's alternate Heads
    Unicron as a Headmaster. with a vehicle based on his Cybertron Toy.
    and Primus as well, witha Vector Sigma Orb he can fit inside.
    Dr Arkeville and Chip Chase.
    B.O.T. Kremzeek, and TORQ 3
    Quintesson Judge Tima's based on each of the 5 faces
    The GT-R Girls