What characters do YOU want to see in TFP?

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Sideways77, May 2, 2011.

1. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Autobots:

Jetfire (G1/ROTF mix), Trailbreaker, Mirage, Hound, Tracks, Prowl (Nick Roche style), Ironhide (use his Animated Season 4 design), Kup (R. Lee Ermey voicing him), Sideswipe, Sunstreaker, Inferno, and some random dark green car character (we don't get too much of those, do we?)

Decepticons:

Blackout, Bonecrusher (movie-styled), Barricade (Prowl needs someone to go against), Flatline (sorry, Knockout, I love you to death but we need the hearse-former eventually), Blitzwing, Lugnut, Lockdown, Ransack & Crumplezone. Maybe throw in a few seekers as well (only I'd like their designs to not simply be Starscream repaints. Make them distinct, like Bumblebee and Cliffjumper are)

2. Sideswipeluva

Sideswipeluva Cassette

Sideswipe, Sunstreaker, Prowl, and Jazz. When was the last time we had the Lambo Twins TOGETHER in a series? And Prowl and Jazz. They're just the best pair of friends in the TF universe EVER.

3. Sprocket

Sprocket Problematic.

News Credits:
    Honestly, this.

As much as a mess as Revenge of the Fallen was, if you don't like Jetfire, then I honestly think you might not have the capacity for fun. Probably the best use of 'old guy character' in Transformers fiction to date. Kup be damned, he was nowhere near as ornery. And cockpit hair with turbine thighs? Awesome design idea there.

I wish Jetfire was in Dark of the Moon, if only for a toy that was less of a mess. :( 

4. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    They're probably going to appear soon. Truthfully, Wheeljack was an interesting character to pick for the first new arrival.

5. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    I'm thinking that's in part because
    he's in DOTM

6. Decay_is_awesome

Decay_is_awesome Well-Known Member

id like to see some beast wars or other non g1 guys show up. id say rampage but it looks like airachnid is filling the role of psychotic onmicidal loner.

maybe quickstrike? the decepticons need some more pure soldiers and hes a completely different character to breakdown who is currently their only muscle. id say g1 shockwave but between them starscream and soundwave have his stoic and sciency attributes covered so im not sure how recognizable hed be as a character (like wheeljack).

id kill to see warpath show up as a wrecker who specializes in ranged combat. the autobots dont really have any heavy firepower and are all unarmed in alt mode, unlike the decepticons. also powerglide to give them some air support and to work as a counterpoint to knockout, refusing to take a ground mode to blend in because he doesnt want to give up flight.

7. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    Decepticons:

Tankor (BM design)

Shockwave

Lugnut

Blitzwing (triple changers FTW!)

Straxus (based off of his Generations design)

Thunderwing (based off of his Generations design)

Autobots:

Warpath

Jazz

Jetfire

8. Thilda

Thilda Treat your mother right!

News Credits:
    Autobots:
    Jazz and Jetfire

Decepticons:
    Skywarp and Thundercracker

9. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    Okay, a few autobot ideas.

Jolt:
    Alternate Mode: Opel Ampera
    Function: Medical Aide/Field Medic
    Jolt would be an electric blue autobot, and sort of Ratchet's underling/Minion. He'd have a rivalry with Bulkhead, attempting to do what Bulkhead does with force with skill instead. Very energetic, his big character trait is being too energetic, and sometimes causing the decepticons to win. His character arc would revolve around him accidentally killing another autobot, and coming to terms with that. A member of the Wreckers, he works with Wheeljack forging new weapons.
    VA: Khary Payton (dude who voiced Cyborg in Teen Titans)

Roadbuster:
    Alternate Mode: Toyota Hilux
    Function: Heavy Weapons Trooper
    Roadbuster is a brawler, and while not bright (about as smart as Bulkhead, so an intelligence stat of 6), he is wise, and knows his weapons. Another Wrecker, he appears as an orange pickup. He would be backup for Prime and Bulkhead, and keep Jolt in line. His Alternate mode would have green Tribal designs all over it. His main character trait is being a person who only kills his opponents because of orders. If a Vehicon surrenders, he will spare him and bring him in for questioning. His arc would revolve around a rivalry with Skyquake (if skyquake is sentient after Shadowzone), and them being friendly enemies. VA: Steven Barr (of Mass Effect fame)

Ultra Magnus:
    Alternate Mode: Mercedes-Benz Actros Wrecker, White cab, Blue tow gear on the sides, red on top
    Function: Wreckers Leader/Drill Sergeant
    Magnus would be like the Animated version, high ranking and Firm. He would have elements of Impactor. He would lead a second team on missions, being Prime's second in command. He leads Wheeljack, Jolt, and Roadbuster, since Bulkhead is an ex-wrecker. No character arc, he's just there.

Huffer:
    Alternate Mode: Mercedes-Benz Actros
    Function: Engineer
    Huffer would be a second Semi-Cab. He is morose, effectively having PTSD by being a composite of Huffer and Grapple from G1. He can build amazing things for people, but complains and cries over it. He sees the war as a bad thing, because he wants to build beatiful skyscrapers and halls, not orbital attack satellites.

10. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur Well-Known Member

Lugnut- I wouldn't mind them using his newest incarnation in the Reveal-The-Shield toyline. Keep him the same personality-wise.

Blitzwing- Would love if they pulled off his character just like his blue face character in Animated.

Shockwave- Tuned up movie-design or something similar to War for Cybertron. Just because this guy hasn't had a decent incarnation since G1 and only since Animated has he been getting recognition. Plus we need a decent toy, his animated figure seemed too fragile and spindle-y to me and the DotM figure seems a bit on the small side.

Lockdown- How can you not? I love these kinda Decepticons.

As for Jetfire, I'm not sure if I want him like his G1 self or RoTF self. Unless they make Jetfire like his G1 self and craft a character with RoTF Jetfire's appearance and personality.

11. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Why not make him ROTF-version Jetfire already?

12. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur Well-Known Member

I can't decide which one I'd rather have, old crotchety RoTF Jetfire or G1 Jetfire.

What if they put in Jetfire as his RoTF incarnation, and also put in a character based off of G1 Jetfire named "Skyfire". I think that'd work.

13. Overlord Balder

Solution found!
    The only problem is that Jetfire is on his G1-self in WFC [although, he, eerily seems to have ROTF Jetfrie's accent].

But screw WFC, we need to behold Jetfire's eternal glory once more.

14. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    On the topic of a possible TFP Jetfire, I'd be fine with his movie personality, but design wise I personally would prefer a mixture of movie-verse and what he was originally going to be like in G1 (aka the animation model they couldn't use). Essentially take that basic design, adapt/update it for the TFP aestetic, alter it enough to give it an SR-71-like alt-mode, paint it up like the movie-verse bot, and give him a cane to walk around with.

15. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    With Starscream in the bad with Megatron now, Megs will need some more muscle to back him up (a silent Shockwave, a flaky Knock Out, a dumb Breakdown, and waves of mindless Eradicon drones just don't quite cut it to me). Now would be a good time for Skywarp and Thundercracker to show up (they could be twins and/or based off of Screamer's design model to save time and money), or Shockwave as Meg's new second-in-command would be great too.

Ugh, no canes for Jetfire/Skyfire, please. That was a one note joke that can die with ROTF already. I do like the idea of an ancient 'Con so grizzled and disillusioned by the civil war enough to switch sides to the 'Bots, but do it right (leaving behind old man humor, for example).

16. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Huh. Thought I posted in this thread already. Okay, short list.

SkyByte

Scourge (Cybertron)

uh... I guess I'm good after that. Everyone else has covered all the G1 guys I'd want, so no need to repeat all that. Also, I'm not really sure what their policy on beast modes is yet. Haven't really seen a beast mode for Airachnid. Oh well, there it is.

17. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How exactly is Breakdown dumb?

18. Overlord Balder

I would find it weird, I mean, this design doens't look too much...."olderish".

He should be indentical to the movie version already, but with a simpler look [as TF Prime design can't get NEAR to the level of perfection in the movies, make him simpler].

His cane turns into a freaking axe, which means AWESOMENESS.

Also, no one ever mentioned he should be like in the movies [I don't like the fart jokes either, although I like his "wrecthed" jokes, like his missle firing wrong, him always complaining about being old etcetera], just that his personality [and appearence] should be like the movies.

19. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

we have a spider, i think it is time we have the comeback of dinobot! bw dinobot! have him start out as a con for a few episodes, have him voiced by Scott McNeil; i'd also like to see more beast wars characters too, like Rhinox, or *tankor if they'd prefer* lol and rattrap. why should only g1 get updates? we got so many OTHER better characters out there, in beast wars. Cybertron Sideways would be cool to make a come back.

OR make Grimlock, but not the G1 grimlock, make him the New brain grimlock, the smart one, make him in charge of the dinobots, a third faction *like in tfa* you can make the other dinobots all stupid or what ever they'd like, but i LOVED smart grimlock, it'd be nice to see him that way.

20. Heat Blast

Heat Blast Laserbeak's Stunt Double

News Credits:
    Smolder and Chopster