What character would make you change your mind about third party?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by philipjreed, Sep 12, 2012.

1. philipjreed

philipjreed Well-Known Member

This one's for the crowd who despises third party Transformers toys.

What one character, if released as a modern transforming robot toy by a third party company, would change your mind and have you pressing the "buy" button?

What character doesn't exist today as a modern transforming robot toy that you would buy no matter which company designed and released the toy?

(For the purpose of this question let's assume the final toy is absolutely amazing and everything we could hope for. Character accurate. Great paintwork. Intuitive and fun transformation. Gorgeous packaging. It's perfect!)

2. cylor

cylor Well-Known Member

Well, I'm a total third party whore, so I shouldn't really be answering your question...
    Anyway, I couldn't resist classics style headmasters: I hope that the Function X series announced by Fansproject will look better than their renders, that aren't very good actually. Oh, and a Voyager sized Galvatron.
    So let's just say that a well made Galvatron, 'if released as a modern transforming robot toy even though by one of the third party companies I don't like, such as CHMS or Xovergen, would change my mind about said companyand have me pressing the "buy" button'...

3. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    If someone does the TF: Victory combiners, I would buy no matter what. Unless it's made by Xovergen or BTS or Crazy Devy.

4. Astronut

Astronut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Interesting topic, but I don't think you'll find too many people who despise third party toys in this section :D 

5. PredaconElder

PredaconElder Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You are assuming a lot. Most people who don't like 3Ps are people crying their eyes out because Hasbro isn't getting a cut and how 3Ps are hurting that giant multibillion dollar multinational megacorporation.

6. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    You know what, even if they made this, people who despise 3rd Party companies would say, "It costs how much? Hell no then." Just the way it works.

7. philipjreed

philipjreed Well-Known Member

What's odd is they'll then pay that much or more on eBay for BotCon exclusives.

But I do see what you're saying.

8. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    In b4 turd party jokes. Hurrhurr.

9. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    which are just a repaint with maybe a head swap they can do on their own if they took an hour to do so

10. Cecilia

Cecilia Mechanical Princess

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    xlosest to my opinion as I donĀ“t believe anyone is aghainst third parties ouyt of moral and all, to me it comes down to price since those people dream that "if hasbro made this toy, it would be cheaper"

The others just like to show original stuff to say they are TRUE tf fans.

All in all it is personal interest, not concern for hasbro.

11. knightmare6

knightmare6 Reflector In Disguise

Ebay:
    I like the third-party stuff out there, it's just a shame the prices are high, but I also understand the reasoning for most. Small companies, staff and supplies. It's just a shame Hasbro/Takara have put out so much failed product when that pie has a potential slice for them. Granted I may not buy every third-party figure out there, especially when there's multiple variations of the same figure. If Hasbro stepped up on the quality of their figures, then third-parties wouldn't thrive, since they're just filling in a demand by the fans of what they want that's not available in the market.

I mean we have cash and we're ready to spend it, but give us quality (e.g. Masterpiece) over quantity (e.g. Bumblebee).