What changes would you make to Revenge of the Fallen?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Excelsior Prime, May 31, 2011.

1. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    So I heard. But he apparently goes out like a bitch, too. Oh well.

2. Excelsior Prime

Excelsior Prime Autobot Leader

I don't know if any of you have read the two prequel series, Foundation and Rising Storm, but they make a very good case for why this incarnation of Optimus is so violent. I don't want to spoil anything, but let's just say Megatron did something on Cybertron before Prime launched the Allspark into space that made Prime realize that Megatron would never stop and that the only way to stop him is to destroy him (as well as his forces)

So I don't have an issue with the violent Prime in ROTF. But I do have a huge problem with removing him from the movie for the amount of time he's gone.

And no matter whether you think the Twins are racial or not, it's clear there was better characterization available, a fact even Bay himself has admitted.

3. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

On Robot characters:
    - Replace all the Constructicons [and most of the Drones] with Thundercracker, Skywarp, Barricade and Scalpel.
    - No Arcee Triplets or Twins.

On the Plot.

Beginning:
    - Replace Sideways and Demolishor with a confuse and recently awaken from stasis lock Jetfire [a Mercenary], but he wouldn't be killed because according to Optimus, he has vital information [so he would be put under stasis lock again].

- Completely obliterate the whole College subplot [as well as Alice's].

- Replace it with a subplot about Sec. Keller, Tom Banacheck, Simmons, Sam and Mikeala [now all Keller's personal assistants] investigating the shards of the AllSpark, fearing the 'Cons are after it.

- Sam would go AllSpark-nuts amidst that investigation.

- Rumble eventually breaks in [through Soundwave's hacking], steals the shard and so we follow with the plot normally until the forest battle.

Middle:
    - In the forest battle, only Megatron, SS and Optimus would be fighting.

- The Fallen invades Earth as we saw in the movie and like that, in a desperate hope, NEST re-wakes Jetfire, he reveals why he's there: To retrieve the Matrix of Leadership, the only thing that can bring the AllSpark back together [that's his vital information] and Optimus as well, he then gladly switches sides and starts "leading" the Autobots.

- The movie would then follow 'Bee, Jetfire, Ratchet, Ironhide, Sideswipe and the rest of the humans on a race against the Decepticons to find the Matrix of Leadership.

- They head to Egypt on a giant plane, but The Fallen reaches them and sends Thundercracker and Skywarp shoot it down before they can reach the Matrix, Jetfire and Sidswipe VS Those two ensues: Jetfire kills them both and the travel continues [on foot].

- As they travel on foot, Scorponok and Rumble [alongside Barricade] attack, another battle ensues, Autobots win but Barricade survives and retreats.

- Both sides stop, and we have a night of rest filled with characterization for all of the characters [both 'Cons and 'Bots].

Ending:

- At dawn, after a slow-motion walk from both 'Cons and 'Bots and a brief piece of dialogue between The Fallen, Megs, SS, Soundwave, and Jetfire/Ratchet/Ironhide, the final battle ensues, where the 'Cons [The Fallen, Soundwave, Starscream, Barricade, Devastator] would battle the 'Bots [Jetfire, Ratchet, Ironhide, Sideswipe and Bumblebee] with some help of the military.

- 'Bee kills Barricade in a badass fist-fight.
    - Ratchet battles Soundwave to a draw.
    - Starscream gets his ass handled back to him due Sideswipe.
    - All the 'Bots would team up [alongside the military] to take down Devastator.
    - Jetfire has a brief fight agains The Fallen: He loses, but uses the Matrix to bring Optimus back to life.

- Optimus [now powered up to the level of an entity] battles The Fallen through swords, guns and badass energy beams.
    - The Fallen dies, SW, SS and Megs run away.
    - Optimus [now with Jetfire at his side] makes the final speech: 'Till all are one.

I had to re-write pretty much the whole movie, but this would certainly work!

4. XGL Walker

XGL Walker Well-Known Member

"EVERYTHING!"---spider-man

5. Excelsior Prime

No, bitching about people using a venue created FOR DISCUSSION is inane and damned aggravating.

If you don't like the discussion, don't read it and surely don't participate in it.

6. Zombiedude

Zombiedude Junkion Warrior

Well we can't discuss what we want changed in the new movie yet...sooooooo....... :drunk 

But you're right, it's pretty useless, but so debating whether the red car being named Mirage or not ruins the movie.

7. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Balder's rewrite is the best I've seen to date.

8. a person

a person Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's like saying we can't discuss last weeks episode of TF Prime because there's a new one coming out next week.

9. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Thank you, Nachtsider.

10. ElectricPrada09

ElectricPrada09 Speedster.

News Credits:
    ..I wasn't even bitching..?

I was just simply stating that instead of going on about what we would personally want in a movie that has been over for two years. Discussing about DOTM may be more beneficial, and is certainly more relevant considering its release is very soon.

11. Zombiedude

Which was why a tiny part of my brain was sad when it was said they wouldn't be in DOTM.

We totally had a chance to fix a Jar Jar Binks character.

12. ElectricPrada09

News Credits:
    Well, let's wait till the movie comes out to pass judgement :D 

I hear it's a long battle that takes place before he dies.

13. Excelsior Prime

Your post history would seem to indicate that you'd rather complain (how's that instead of bitching?) about this thread's topic instead of contributing.

I wanted to discuss this topic, and so did those who have posted here. I doubt anyone gives a crap as to how "beneficial" or "relevant" this discussion is.

Again, if you don't like it, kindly ignore this thread and don't post again. Your posts are derailing the thread and come close to trolling.

14. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

I would have developed possible points with Ratchet and Ironhide. When Ironhide says " That's not what OPtimus would want." make him the defacto leader and he should have traveled with Bee, and the twins. Ratchet when he calls Galloway a fool, perhaps develop that to show the friction escalating with the humans. Also a little more with the Fallen. Once he does the world wide hack he comes out and destroys a city or something and then can't be stopped by the military. It would show the urgrency of bringing back Optimus.

15. ElectricPrada09

News Credits:
    You kidding me, man? Stalk my post history, I don't care. Pretty sure I don't just post complaints. And even if I did, they were relevant to the thread, which is fine. People are allowed to voice their distaste for things on this board. Free speech is great isn't it?

I don't see how I was derailing anything. What I posted regarded this thread. Trolling? If I was purposely going off topic or being offensive towards someone, yeah, that would be trolling. Calm down, man. I promise it's going to be ok.

Also, if you go back to past pages of this thread, I discussed things normally. My opinion differed from yours. I apologize.

16. Zombiedude

So what do you think is in Megatrons Tank?

17. ElectricPrada09

News Credits:
    Hell, I don't know. A Minicon? Mojo's pain pills? Ke$ha's glitter collection?

18. Prime_Directive

Prime_Directive less than meets the eye

News Credits:
    Well, for starters, have the Decepticons split between two factions, one loyal to Starscream, and the other to Megatron (led by Soundwave).

Nix Skids and Mudflap. Have Sideswipe and Sunstreaker in their place, as bumbling, inexperienced soldiers. No "wangsta" please.

Have Arcee, but base her on the Movie 1 design, with a slight redesign to give her a "pursuit" mode. (Wheel feet)

Have Ironhide, Ratchet, Arcee, the Twins, and Jolt go with Bumblebee and co.

Don't have Jetfire walk out of the Smithsonian into Arizona.

Explain stuff better. The All Spark being transferred into Sam, the Matrix's origins, etc., a la the Alan Dean Foster novelization.

Don't kill the damn Fallen in this movie. Let the whole "master plan" come together in DotM.

Starscream should be less of a wimp. Subservient? Yes. Get his ass whooped by Megatron? Definitely. But leave out the whole groveling thing.

These are mostly just character changes. I'll compose a full list sometime.

19. Harlequin Daniel

Harlequin Daniel Captain Grumpy

I'd keep the Hong Kong sequence, it's a good little sequence and goes to show how much the Autobots and humans rely on Optimus.

I'd reduce the Sam storyline, or have it run parallel to the military one (a la Empire Strikes Back and the Luke/Han and Leia storylines).

The "emotional heart" of the story is how the Autobots react to Prime's death at the hands of Devastator, and how Lennox deals with a threat to his family from the Cons.

I'd also have Devastator trash a city before/while/after killing Optimus (and possibly some other Autobots). Prime dies protecting the twins.

Sam's connection to the Allspark gives him nightmares, but also clues about how to restore Optimus (which is why the Cons want him - to restore Megatron). The Twins go with him because they "owe" Optimus for saving them.

Starscream trashes Lennox's house to send a message, allying with the Autobots will endanger those he loves, he also "inadvertently" tells him that the Cons want to use Sam to resurrect Megatron.

It becomes a mad scramble to get to Sam before anyone else does.

The finale is Devastator's attack on DC, along with Sam reviving (using some magic widget found in Egypt) Optimus, who proceeds to defeat Devastator in a replay of their first fight.

Starscream tells the Decepticons that Megatron is dead, and will be staying dead. "All Hail Starscream".

20. Excelsior Prime

I apologize. I overreacted. BTW, I dig your avatar and your sig. Looking forward to Flashpoint myself (though I fear what huge changes it's rumored to bring)