What changes would you make to Revenge of the Fallen?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Excelsior Prime, May 31, 2011.

1. Excelsior Prime

Excelsior Prime Autobot Leader

Not sure why the last thread was closed, but this is a great topic and bears further discussion.

My ideas:

*Replace the Bay Twins with the Real Twins: Sideswipe and Sunstreaker. Sideswipe is red, Sunstreaker can be silver.

*The Real Twins have non-racially offensive accents. Sideswipe longs for battle, Sunstreaker is more of a pacifist. That said, these Twins make a deadly duo.

*Remove the Witwickys completely.

*Same is not in college; instead, he's been sort of relocated. He's been given a government job while he takes college courses on a nearby military base.

*Megatron is restored and chooses his DOTM alt-mode to avoid detection by N.E.S.T. and the Autobots.

*It's made clear that Megatron plans to betray The Fallen once The Fallen has found the Harvester. He's definitely not a "disciple" or "lackey."

*Optimus does not die; he plays a greater role in the film.

*Optimus combines with Jetfire, but Jetfire doesn't have to die for the process to work.

*The desert battle is significantly cut down, is much clearer, and involves Devastator.

*The Constructicons don't have "copies," and their combined mode is a bipedal, humanoid looking giant.

*The Matrix is not turned to fairy dust; Sam opens Prime's spark chamber and jams the Matrix in, in a nice nod to how he killed Megatron in the first film.

*Mikaela dies in the final battle.

2. cnic

cnic Decepticon

The guy who started that other thread got banned. Not sure why though. Anyways I like the movie how it is. I have a funny sense of humor and found nothing wrong with the main things people whine about from ROTF.

3. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Cut the twins. In their place, I'd add Prowl, keep Springer, and give Jolt some more screentime.
    Cut Leo.
    Give more development to the A.L.I.C.E. bit. Good potential, but execution was a bit random and short.
    Give Devastator more of a fight.
    Keep the bit about how the Fallen is *grooming* Megatron to be a Prime, only for his protege to abandon him when it looked bad.
    Have the Fallen put up a better fight.
    Have Barricade show up and fight Prowl.
    Give the constructicons some dialogue scenes.
    Severely trim the off color humor.
    More Autobot deaths besides Jetfire.
    Give the exposition a major overhaul.
    Keep the Harvester as a way to restore the Allspark, not as an Energon mining device

4. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    For the love of god. More people railing on about the so called "racially offensive characters" that DON'T racially offend anyone.

5. Sideways77

Sideways77 its movie time here come the manbabies

News Credits:
    I'll try to remember.

More Constructicons, more diolouge, less Fox, less Twins, no Alice, Devastator isn't a wimpy pet, Constructicons talk, More Autobots die, the Arcee sisters survive (or just one dies, becasue all three? Talk about sexist...) and less of OP being a monster.

6. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

Just stop the movie after Prime dies, and make the third one actually good.

7. doworkson123

doworkson123 Well-Known Member

lol i swear this is like the third thread i have seen on this exact subject today

8. ElectricPrada09

ElectricPrada09 Speedster.

News Credits:
    I agree. At not one point did the non-existent CGI characters show hatred or intolerance towards a specific race in any way. It's really sad that some people actually think that. They were stereotypes at best. Stereotypes are in what, all kinds of movies, yes? But when Micheal Bay does it, it should be exploited and deserves the highest amount of criticism ever.

9. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    I was going to say [something like] this.

10. Zombiedude

Zombiedude Junkion Warrior

Tone down the Twins accents (only because they were hard to understand) and put a bigger emphasis on them being children. (Corny robots? Stupid. Corny robots that are like that because they are Child soldiers caught in a war? Endearing)

Cut Simmons jock strap shot DEAR GOD

Remove some useless back ground robots that didn't do anything but divide up the precious dialog lines and be fanservice and give them to Ironhide, Rachet, and Arcee (for variety)

Remove the college and romance fallout subplots.

Move the discovery of Jetfire sooner in the movie so he can be cooler longer :V

11. Excelsior Prime

Excelsior Prime Autobot Leader

The Twins had stereotypical "gangsta" personalities. While I don't think racism was intended, I do think such characterization was out of place.

And my biggest problems with the Twins wasn't that they might be offensive, despite the phrase I used in my original post. My problem is that they were inept and ultimately useless.

Sideswipe and Sunstreaker could have allowed for some comedic moments, maybe arguing and fighting and such.

And I forgot to mention: keep Wheelie like more of a Rattrap type character and do away with the leg-humping and crush on Mikaela.

12. Starscreamownz

News Credits:
    If you didn't think they were racially offensive then why did you call them that in the first place other then ROTF hating.

You mean THIS jockstrap?
    [​IMG]

13. Zombiedude

Zombiedude Junkion Warrior

They're kids, of course they're useless.

LALALALA IGNORING ASS SHOT

14. ElectricPrada09

News Credits:
    I'm not denying their uselessness, I would have much rather loves to see Sideswipe and Sunstreaker. All I'm saying is that they weren't racist. In any way.

15. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Deduct the Twins.

Deduct the humping dogs.

Deduct Sam's mom getting high.

Deduct Leo.

Deduct Alice.

Deduct the shot of Simmons' ass.

Deduct Devastator's scrotum.

Give us a less sniveling, sycophantic Starscream.

Have the Decepticons inflict significantly more damage during the final battle.

No clones/cannon fodder protoforms for the Decepticons.

Devastator does not go down to a railgun, but rather to a concerted assault by several Autobots, or even to an Autobot combiner (Superion).

Make the Fallen more powerful (read: capable of giving even the powered-up Optimus a serious run for his money).

Make Optimus less brutal. Relegate the brutality to Ironhide and/or Sideswipe.

16. Starscreamownz

News Credits:
    This starscream is the same one as in G1 except he opposes Megatron less because Megatron is more violent. Megatron choked starscream for just doing his job and leading in his absence.

17. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    Big changes:
    Jolt is as Shanghai, tag-teams with Sideswipe to beat Sideways
    Twins aren't in it.
    Arcee is a Cadillac coupe
    SS is a Vauxhall VXR
    The autobots have Ultra Magnus as a heavy tow truck (Wrecker) and 2IC.
    Extended scene of Megatron's revival
    Jolt is Teen-appeal just as BB is kid-appeal
    BB Speaks.
    Cut college and such in place:
    Constructicons working on Decepticon Base in America, which the autobots attack.
    Megatron is reborn as a Big Rig, but like the Death Race Dreadnought in vehicle mode (or just a bigass gun somewhere).
    When the aircraft carrier sinks, it is used for raw materials for the aforementioned decepticon base.
    More Alice, with her being friendly with Sam, THEN trying to seduce him
    In addition to Grindor and Starscream being at the Forest fight, we have five constructicons (Long haul, Rampage, Mixmaster, Scrapper, and Overload)
    the final battle ends with Mikaela breaking up with Sam.

18. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Explain where the heck The Fallen came from and what he was doing in the Nemesis (also; give the name "Nemesis" to the ship in dialogue).

Explain how "Alice" managed to track Sam down and integrate herself into the College without anybody suspecting.

Get rid of Mikayla and that whole crappy love story (or kill her off)

Get rid of Simmons' thong.

Get rid of the whole "Robot Heaven" thing, or at least explain THAT better.

Make Devestator more of an actual combatant and not just a device to rip apart the pyramid (like, Jet Prime vs. Devestator)

NO DOG HUMPING.

19. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    He displayed far more backbone in Reign of Starscream and the Titan Movie-verse comics, to the point where his pathetic performance in ROTF seemed like a near total about-face. I like my Starscream a bit more defiant than what we got, thank you. Give me the guy who singlehandedly decimates a squadron of Raptors and strives to recreate the Allspark.

20. ElectricPrada09

News Credits:
    You might just get your wish. He apparently destroys a lot of stuff in DOTM. Plus more screentime.