what chances does conan O'brien have of getting decent ratings on his new show?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Tigermegatron, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

Do you predict conan will do great of do badly in rattings.

honestly I predict bad rattings.

Conan is on a network hardly anyone knows does tonight show type programs. for the most part he'll be invisble to the world while he's on the air. trying to get decent rattings is impossible when the majority doesn't see you because your on a awful network. awful in the sense it doesn't specialize in tonight show type programs. followed by the network's majority of the programs are re-runs. Conan also doesn't have any decent before live show or live news before conan goes on the air.

at the very least david letterman was on a decent network that showed the live news before he went on. also the network shows live shows. also the network when david letterman first started CBS was a freebie channel that people didn't have to pay for thru a cable/satelite plan.

arsenio hall's success was mostly likely due to UPN being a freebie channel. that the mojority didn't have to pay for thru cable/satelite. UPN also at the time & now shows new live shows that people like. and the live news.

I really like conan O brian because he's a comic genious & isnt booring when telling jokes.

that move to that network was a very bad move for conan.

conan would have been great on that E! Network.

or as larry kings replacement. as all the host on CN are kinda booring,lack luster & tired looking.

My guess is NBC begged FOX not to hire conan because NBC didn't want another david letterman success story on CBS on there hands. with these billionaire networks they probably made a deal & got something on each side to keep conan off of Fox.

I thought the UPN Network would have been a great spot for conan. because they had arsenio hall years ago on UPN.

The rumor leaked to the internet/press. was that fox didn't want to get rid of it's highly rated programns that had high viewing. so conan didn't get hired. which souds like a bogus lie because Fox plays re-runs at that time period.

Conan might be one to blame too. for FOX & UPN not hiring him. because conan made far too many insulting NBC jokes while NBC had him on the air. during that whole last 2+months of the tonight show fued wars between leno+conan+nbc. no one like to hire a hot headed loose canon.

Conan didn't exactly lose his pants. he still got that 40+ million good bye check. which is more than anyone of us will get/see/spend/enjoy in a life time.

personally If I got 40+million from NBC. I would have taken the money,retired & moved the family to a nice home on the islands. 40+million is more than enough to live off for a 44+year old guy like conan for the rest of his life. I mean how much does money does one need to be happy/satisfied? do some crave the attention of the media & spot light?

I mean honestly why go thru the embarrasement of failing on TBS. If you don't have to.

2. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

bump

3. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Do not bump your thread just because no one has replied.
    Perhaps it's because no one cares about the subject matter.

4. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Conan shouldn't have any trouble getting ratings. All of his fans know where he's going, so it's not like no one's going to know where the show is. If people want to see Conan, they'll watch him, regardless of what station he's on.

And really, going to cable is probably better for him in the long run. It will mean more creative freedom and less worrying about censors and the network. We're reaching a point where network tv has already lost most of its dominance anyway, so it's not like Fox or UPN has any real lead over TBS or any other basic cable network (especially UPN, what with it not existing anymore and all). Stop and think for a second, what are the two biggest late-night talk/variety shows out there these days? The Daily Show and Colbert Report, both of which are doing great on a cable station that wasn't known for late-night programming.

Coco'll be just fine.

5. Tim Formas

Tim Formas Old Man Administrator

News Credits:
    Lopez Tonight gets good ratings on TBS, so there's no reason to doubt that Conan will succeed as well. Being on TBS isn't about beating The Tonight Show or Late Night with Letterman. CoCo's exposure on TBS will be both a benefit to him and get more exposure for TBS. Except TBS heavy advertising during commercials.

6. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    He's already got enough name power because of the the whole Tonight Show controversy. He won't be in want of viewers on his debut at least.

7. toma

toma eskimo in disguise

He's going to be on ctv and comedy network here in Canada around the same time as Daily Show and Colbert Report, so he'll probably do just fine here, he should fit right in.

8. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

Sorry,I saw the whole "Bump" thing going on in the ebay sales forum. so figured it was okay for every forum.

9. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

I can't wait till he starts.

Oh, and....

Fuck you NBC!

10. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Doesn't matter what network he's on. I'm watching. Conan RULES! NBC screwed up big. I haven't watched any NBC programs since Conan left. THAT is a network that is invisible to me. Leno and Fallon? That is just horrible.

I will be watching Conan and DVRing Stewart and Colbert.

11. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Doubt I will ever watch his show..good luck to him and all that but I've never been a fan and just don't care how he or the show does.

12. Rewind

Rewind Be Kind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well, I haven't had cable in almost ten years and I'm getting it again JUST to watch Conan. I'm sure I'm not the only one who will follow him to TBS. By the way, since when is TBS a channel "hardly anyone knows"?

13. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

I'm just glad that TBS doesn't start their shows 5 minutes late anymore. Never understood that. Why wait till 8:05 to watch a movie when you can find something else on any of the other channels to watch at 8. :rolleyes: