What cars do you see near where you live?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cybertron2006, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Savanna

Savanna Want to Touch my Wankel?

I had actually forgot the Opel was a MR. I also say Speedster inplace of the Gt because whenever anyoen asks about a the Opel/Vauxhaul car in that game, its always a Speedster/VX220.

And I will still hold his Comment as being worst than mine. Go ahead and complain that I put the wrong car name in if you like.

2. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    I donno cars all look the same to me really. The only ones I really notice are if there from TF's, mostly Alternators or movie stuff.

3. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ditto here. I don't know squat about car models unless they've made a TF out of one.

Out of the various Alternators, the ones whose vehicle modes (and paint jobs) I've seen around here are:

-Grimlock
    -Wheeljack (Yes, blue stripes and all)
    -Rollbar
    -A LOT of Swindles
    -Optimus Prime
    -Nemesis Prime (minus the red-tinted windows, of course)
    -Mirage
    -Skids (minus the flames)

4. CheetahDC

CheetahDC Well-Known Member

Vipers are common "supercars" around here. One time I saw three at the same time in the parking lot at work (Target). I asked one of the owners if there was a Viper meet-up or something, and he said he wasn't aware of any. The most impressive car I've seen in person though had to be the Maserati Quattroporte at work. Along with the Maserati, the most expensive car I've seen was a Cadillac XLR-V (being a cart attendant lets you see a lot of cars). I believe the most common car I see around has to be the W-body Chevrolet Impala, especially since they redid it for '06. It seems to be GM country around here. The kids mostly drive Honda Civics. Truck-wise, F-150 seems to be tops at the full-size end, while the smaller truck segment seems to be dominated by Ford Rangers.

5. paskal

paskal SHWOOOO!!

My point was that the Sky is on the American Kappa platform, and that the Opel GT is actually the rebadge.

Now, Saturn does rebadge the Vectra from Opel as the Aura over here, and that is actually their best car at the moment.

On topic, I've seen everything here in LA - and see it all again on a daily basis.

6. King Starscream

King Starscream <b><font color=blue>The Royal Seeker</font></b> Veteran

News Credits:
    As far as supercars go, I've seen more Acura NSX's in this one area than I have in any place I've been to, including most of the east coast where you would expect to see at least one.

7. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

All semi's still remind me of Prime lol, and headlights still look like faces

8. Scourge_151

Scourge_151 Never gargle the rum. TFW2005 Supporter

Cars in my area? I'll steer clear from the usual boy-racer junk like Civics, Novas, Corsas and Fiestas that plague the roads as everyone has those.
    In my drive we've got 2 3.0 Vauxhall Cavaliers, a 2.0 Vauxhall Astra and a 2.0 turbo Vauxhall Nova (ALL these are my brother's), BMW 328 Csi, BMW M5, my Lexus IS200 and my dad's work van.
    Stuff that's stands out in area are things like a Ferrari 575 and a Maserati Gransport that the crooked doctor who lives down the road from us has. Some lucky sort has an original Audi Quattro coupe, my hairdresser has a 300ZX twin turbo T-top, in a nearby town there are a couple of NSXs and a Ferrari 308. Oh and a friend of mine has an AE86 Corolla that he uses as a road rally car (VERY rare around here)

Otherwise its the usual Fords, Audis, Citroens, Renaults, Peugeots same as anywhere else.

9. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

I've never seen anyone driving a Porch. A neighbor of mine however has a Porsche Boxster.

10. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    Oh, I forgot, there's the beautiful Countach with an orange-red chameleon paintjob that I always see parked at the Tim Hortons.

Every time I see it, I quietly say 'What the fuck?' to myself.

I mean, seriously, dude. If you have the money, DRINK BETTER COFFEE.

11. Thorns2010

Thorns2010 Well-Known Member

Well I live on the 'good' side of the Twin Cities, and I work town the street from a bunch of car dealerships, one of them being a Maserati dealer.

So I see all sorts of nice cars.

12. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Living in NoVA, I see lots of expensive stuff. There's a local that drives a Ferrari around. Another dude has two Lamborghinis in his garage, not far from where I live.

Uh...tons of SUVs and Mercedes Benzes and BMWs around regularly, too.

My fiance's dad owns a 1962 White and powder blue Chevy Impala. It's a showstopper. It's won more awards at local car shows than any other car locally. In fact, he jokes about the fact that he's had to stop entering it in classic car shows because he keeps losing friends for winning all the time.

Here's his car. Hot, huh?

[​IMG]

13. NotFastEnuff

NotFastEnuff I'm a smartass...

Ebay:
    If it's built after '72, it's not worth having. Pretty much sums up my attention paid to traffic. I see a bit of everything. Hate working on all of them, especially anything European. Horribly engineered cars to work on.

14. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    Actually there is quite a variety of cars around here in Chicago. A lot of SUVs but no particular brand stands out. The 2 cars I do see a lot of though are Chargers and Impalas.

When I was in LA a few weeks ago, I saw tons of the Toyota Prius and Honda Civics.

15. dragontron88

dragontron88 Your new Lord, & Master

lots of subarus in oregon

16. b_ack51

b_ack51 I'm on the interweb!

Wow, I cannot believe half of this post.

But I see Lambos, Nobles, Ferraris, BMWs, Mercedes, NSX, Lotus, Audis and some other cars. It also helps I live a few miles away from 4 dealerships that show these cars.

I want to see a R8 in person but haven't yet. Hoping the Audi dealership gets one in. But everyday I see 350z, G35s, M3s, M5s, RS6, NSX, Gallardo, STI, and a few other cars. There's a guy down the street from me that has an Cadillac Escalade, another guy has an NSX, another guy has a Corvette, one guy has a GTO (new one), and some other cars I can't think of right now. I also met a kid in Cincinnati who owned a dodge viper, a vector, a lamborghini diablo, and an rx-7, he's probably 25 or 26 now.

17. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

Commuting I always see Maseratis and Bentleys. Bentleys are pretty common here, just go to Starbucks and your bound to see one.

18. Scooby.Smokescreen

Scooby.Smokescreen Well-Known Member

I live in Wales in the UK. In West Wales the roads are mix of fast main roads and narrow twisty roads.

Those that have any interest in cars and can afford them (£1/$2 a litre! and sub 20MPG) tend to have Japanese 4WD turbos.

This is me. It did have a big Decepticon sticker in the back window.
    [​IMG]