What cars do want in Alternators?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by strscrm, Jan 5, 2006.

1. strscrm

strscrm GAME BOY ETERNITY

I think I speak for all of us when I say that I am sick and tired of all the repaints that this great line has endured, especially the straight repaints that don't even have a remolded head. The line needs some new cars and fast because there are only TWO new ones on the horizon, Dodge pickup (non-Ram) and Ford GT.

Since the line has already made a favorite out of Dodge, it would make sense to have a new Dodge vehicle.
    Here's my vote:
    [​IMG]
    the new Dodge CHALLENGER (concept)

2. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

As I've said before, Bumblee or Goldbug as a Lotus Elise, and remolded into Cliffjumper as an Opel Speedster, or Vauxhall VX220.

3. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Volkswagon and Hummer- BT and ALT!

4. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    Ahhh... the quarterly discussion hehehe again, GTO, Chevy Silverado, Ford F150, Hummer 1 & 2, Thunderbird, Delorean :p 

Andy

5. Eradicator

Eradicator I am Antithesis

Funny how the Challenger(to me anyway) looks closer to the old Dodge Charger than the new Charger does. That would be a good choice simply to do a repaint of it for an Autobot General Lee.

Anyway, I wish they still made the Pontiac Firebird. I love to see an alternator made out of that.(although I'd probably repainted it as an Alternator KITT)

Other than those, a Plymoth Prowler might make a good alternator.

6. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Ah, time for this thread again!

Brawn, Huffer, Gears, Bumblebee, Cliffjumper, Trailbreaker, Ironhide and Ratchet have yet to receive any love. Of those original '84 Autobots, I'd most like to see Bumblebee and Cliffjumper as SOMETHING SMALL! Anything! Honestly, at this point, this late in the line, with everyone screaming for Bumblebee and Cliffjumper as the new Beetle and Hasbro continuing to say "No, we can't do that," wouldn't it be time to look for possible design alternatives? The Mini? The Scion Xa? Some little hatchback foreign car? Honestly, these are fan favorites!

7. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    hell yeah, I'd love a Firebird... but I don't see them delving into non-current cars though :( 

Andy

8. Tannerbot2000

Tannerbot2000 Well-Known Member

yay, my lotus elise idea has taken hold elsewhere, huzza! (god im a nerd) a car id like to see might be the pontiac solstice, as i like small cars, and it is cute as a button. another that would be good to see is one of the biig cars, like a suburban, or an armada or the like, casue i wanna see some creative kible, like gigantic wings made from the roof pannels of the suburban, a la sourge, that would be cool. who here wouldnt want a big alt with big posable wings.

9. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    Subaru WRX STi...

What??? :D 

10. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    Continuing with tradition, I'll suggest the same car I do every time strscrm makes this thread:

The Smart Roadster and Roadster-Coupe

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    lambolambolambo

12. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    I also like th eLotus idea for Bumblebee and Cliffjumper...to that I'd add:

Rodimus: Vector WX3 Really, this car's lines scream G1 Hot Rod...and since we can't have the name I thing Rodimus is just fine :) 

[​IMG]

Blurr: Saleen S7

[​IMG]

Wheelie: Dare DZ

[​IMG]

Downshift: Maclaren F1

[​IMG]

13. Savanna

Savanna Want to Touch my Wankel?

I would actually wait to see if the Binaltech line survives first. If Binaltech line was dropped at Alternators lived, alot of the American cars metioned would stand a better chance.

But here a few off my head.

Lotus Elise
    Pontiac GTO/Holden Monaro(sp)
    Mazdaspeed 6

That about it right off the head. But all those cars are out in many regions, so they should be noticable, except maybe the Elise, only seen 4 in my town so far.

14. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    What do I want?
    A UK RELEASE.
    That'd be nice. I'm not bothered about which cars they use, as long as I can actually buy the damn things.
    Oh, and no more lazy, pointless repaints into characters no-one really gives a toss about.

15. Odysious

Odysious Member

I would like to see a Hummer down the line. Maybe as Soundwave. And since VW do not want to provide a mould for there Beetle. I would like to see an Audi TT as Bumblebee.

I wonder if Hasbro would consider doing Motercycles as part of the Alternators line? I could think of a few Acree, Axer, Sideways... that I would like to see.

Also the following:
    Ford Transit SWB as Ironhide
    Ford D Max as Red Alert

16. Lazerbeak

Lazerbeak Keronian Ambassador

I don't really wanna see supercars in this line, and NO concept cars at all ("robots is disguise" sort of doesn't apply if you're a one-of-a-kind prototype car...). I'd much rather see cars that I can actually find on the streets.

That being said, I wanna see economy cars. Civics, Fiats, Accords, etc. More SUV's/Trucks (I don't give a toss what Japanese collectors won't buy), and definitely more 4-door cars.

And even though the line can't have any old cars, I'd love to see a Citroen 2CV. I don't care how ugly people think the car is. I don't care who they make it into. I just wanna see it. They can make as many repaints as they please, I'll buy them all.

17. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    Well I'm pretty sure that that Challenger is a 2008(?) model year. Apparently it's very close to what they are actually going to produce. It's just going through some of the safety tests right now. So I would love to see it as an Alternator and like someone else said, it could very well be possible since Hastak seem to be in good with Dodge and I'm sure Dodge would love all the extra advertisment they can get with a brand new model like that.

18. Born 2B Alive!

Born 2B Alive! Director Of Entertainment

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just as I said on other similar threads......
    I would love to see Takara and Hasbro not only talk to the Automobile makers industry,but also corps. like Caterpillar and other heavy construction equipment corps.
    Im' pretty sure everyone here would love to see our favorite Constructicons as detailed Alts. and Binaltech!
    Not only that.... How bout' some Military vehicles?? Combaticons?
    My own feelings... I favor the Gen. One line above all others. I was 12 years old in 1984 when the Transformers came out. So I guesse it is a generation thing for me. The Alts and Binaltech line is the ultimate throwback to Gen. One for me. I want this line to keep expanding and getting better!

19. Dragstrip85

Dragstrip85 Well-Known Member

Saw this front page of MSN news. Immediately I thought this woud make a great Trailbreaker, of course in black. :)  Forget the Dodge Ram (I want me Motormaster as the remold!)

[​IMG]

20. gnodprime1

gnodprime1 Made of sterner stuff

Ebay:
    Here's my list, not including already denied licenses:

black Ferrari 360 Modena - Wildrider /remolded red 360 challege as Hot Rod

yellow Dodge SRT-4 as Bumblebee/red Cliffjumper

Hummer H2 - red Ironhide, black Trailbreaker

Ford Econoline Ambulance - Rachet, who else.