What can you do about bad drivers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by thenatureboywoo, Jun 23, 2009.

1. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    My family was rear ended earlier today just a few minutes from home. It was broad daylight. A person in front of my wife was turning so she was stopped and waiting when an older lady hit her from behind. The plastic bumper was pushed all the way up under the rear tires. The police asked the older lady what happened. And she said she didn't see anyone stopped. She was cited and fined. I'm thankful my kids and wife are alright. But I stop and look back and think about how bad drivers are anymore. I walk to and from work, and I constantly see people running red lights and driving erractically. There is a street in town where my daughter goes to dance school on saturday morning, and people are constantly speeding through there with little girls all around. Where do you need to be going so fast. Maybe you shouldn't be so lazy and wake up a little sooner. You might not think about it, but when your driving, you hold other people lives in your hands. So slow down and pay attention to what your doing.

2. Darkwing48

Darkwing48 Heroic Decepticon

You are preaching to the choir brother...
    Glad you all are alright.

People just don't seem to care for other anymore. You can determine a person personality by how they drive.

3. Vexza

Vexza Nerdicon

Yeah... I also hate how when you need to pass a slow person on the freeway they always speed up just enough so you can't pass.

4. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    The East Coast cities seem to be filled with rude and angry drivers. I think it's just par for the course.

5. autobotguy

autobotguy Well-Known Member

I call the local PD when I spot someone driving really bad including color/make/model of the car, plate number and location.

What I really hate are all the 80-100 year old people driving nowadays. I think at 80 your license should be revoked and you are not legally able to drive anymore. They react way to slow to situations, they slow down traffic unnessisarily and they WAY too damned often mistake the gas for the brake. If you can't find the pedal to STOP your car, then you should NOT be driving.

In closing:
    Old drivers suck.

6. Darkwing48

Darkwing48 Heroic Decepticon

Not all old drivers suck. Try driving on a road were teenagers or texting while driving...

7. Sunstorm9119

Sunstorm9119 RC 1136

Ebay:
    I always love it when you get some ignoranus who says " I didn't see it". I drive a F**king SCHOOL BUS, and while it thankfully never happened to me, a few of our bus drivers WERE involved in accidents. The common thread in all these? The footstool who hit the bus in every case told the cop " I didn't see the bus". HOW THE F**K DO YOU NOT SEE A SCHOOL BUS??????? It's 40 feet long, has a s**tload of flashing lights, AND IT'S BRIGHT, SUN-BLINDING YELLOW!!!!!! I told my stepson and my sisters never to tell a cop you didn't see what you hit, cause I'm sure they will add the phrase "cause I wasn't looking" to the end of it. I could go on for hours, easily on this ,but I think someone else can have a shot........

8. iwasherenotyou

iwasherenotyou Medical Officer

News Credits:
    i know wat to do. kill em or get chuck norris or michael jackson.

9. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Where I live people drive slow. I've had northerns telling me how bad people drive down here.

10. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James <b>The JUICE</b> TFW2005 Supporter

I just take back roads as much as possible, there's very little traffic that way. Sorry to hear what that moron did to your car.

11. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    I was actually hit by a truck today while biking to work. I was head straight down a road, I turned onto a side walk to avoid traffic and a truck came down a side street, didn't look right at all and hit me dead on.

I was too stunned to get a license plate, my head's still ringing but the worst part is after he realized what he did he shrugged his shoulders and drove off.

12. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    Crash into them before they do it to you. It'll show 'em

13. GAUGE

GAUGE In Art, Nothing Is Impossible.

News Credits:
    the only thing to do with bad drivers?.... "Execute Them" - Quintessons

14. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    Old people and teenagers....I swear....

Thank god my grandpa is a good driver.

15. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

two words:

Steel Bumper

Bad drivers can do what they want around me, I'll just buff their car paint off my truck bumper and go about my day.

16. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

I'm working on my 50 hours to get my drivers licence (got my permit), and I really try to do my best to drive safely. It amazes me how many driving teens try to text while driving (my phone's busted so I can't do it, not like I can even text like the lest of the lot if I gave a crap about it myself).

17. KnightSaberAmi

KnightSaberAmi Nyan Nyan

I hate dumbass drivers and there everywhere....

18. Harbinger

Harbinger ecnayonnA

i got on issues with good old people driving. i would feel abit more comfortable though if they had to go though the practical test more regularly the older they get. as for people texting and driving. i can barely do it and i can only do it on a straight piece of road. yes i have done it about 3 times now. and it took a long while to copse a short 4 word message. scares me the people that do alot of texting while driving. they might as well be driving drunk.

19. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd have no problem with the driving age being 25-55. :lol 

20. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Let's all stereotype against teens and old people!

Should old people be tested regularly? Probably at least every other year... Maybe give doctors the ability to temporarily suspend licenses for people that they see that shouldn't be able to drive (can they do that?)...

If we're gonna crack down on teen drivers, might as well go for drunk drivers, too. I dare anyone that gets pissed at "bad" drivers to go to the nearest bar and just try to take car keys from anyone with an alcoholic beverage. Just see how well that one goes over.

I'm a teen driver and I've driven numerous $50k+ Cadillacs for work... Hell, I was playing with a Nissan GT-R earlier today. Not all teen drivers are irresponsible, and not all irresponsible drivers are teenagers (or old).