What Can I Do???

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Auto Morph, Sep 17, 2010.

1. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Recently I sold a MISB legends class ROTF Devastator on eBay UK.

The seller has contacted me today to say that they want to return the item in exchange for a full refund as they thought it was the supreme class version and they are very disappointed.

However...

I used a clear photo of the item in question and stated in the item description that it is the legends class version. My auction terms also state that I do not accept returns. Here is alink to the finished auction:
    eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

I have very politely explained this to the buyer, but I have a strong feeling that they are going to flip out when they read my reply (remember, I was REALLY polite) and leave negative feedback.

In my opinion, it is their tough shit that they don't know what they're buying AND that they didn't read my terms and condition properly.

If they leave negative feedback for me, do I have a leg to stand on? Can I contest it or get it removed?

2. mac&cheese

mac&cheese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    they will complain to paypal and take thier money back, sellers have no protection, buyers have too much protection.

3. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Complain on what grounds? That they are a numbnuts? They can't class it as 'item not as described' because it was EXACTLY as described!

4. Da_Last_2_Walk

Da_Last_2_Walk Da King Of Pre Rubs TFW2005 Supporter

I don't think you will lose a dispute if the buyer opens one.

However, you might get a negative feedback from the buyer.

Depending on what feedback the buyer leaves, it might be possible to get it removed.

5. Charsiupao

Charsiupao Well-Known Member

I think the buyer doesn't have a leg to stand on. It would be a dark day for online sales if you got penalised for this. There's no way to prove that the buyer didn't simply change his mind after receiving the goods. Just stand firm and let the system help you, I'd say.

6. Sideswipe1954

Sideswipe1954 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, the thing is on the return policy, there is a little line that states:

I take that to mean if you were listed and pictured the Supreme version and sent them the Legends, they could rightfully a refund since it was not as described. But as you state, it is clearly stated with pictures and text that it was the Legends version, so E-Bay should step in on YOUR behalf

7. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    o_O  no way can they have mistaken that for the supreme class. I don't think you would lose a dispute on this one.

8. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Cheers everyone for the support and information.

I agree that the world is FUBAR if eBay sides with the buyer in any potential dispute.

So far we've had a bit of correspondence - she is going utterly ballistic over this and I am just remaining calm and very politely (but firmly) stating all the available facts and that I am not prepared to accept a refund/return under the conditions she has given. I have also kept all the messages from her should any dispute ensue.

My guess is the buyer is a mum who got this for her son or daughter and just knew it was Devastator and had no idea it came in small as well as huge.

The fishy thing is, she is now asking me why the hell she would pay £41 for something she can get in Argos for £22.

My question is this:

IF YOU KNOW WHICH ONE IT IS AND THAT YOU CAN GET IT IN ARGOS, WHY DID YOU BID ALMOST DOUBLE THAT ON MINE YOU MENTAL BITCH???

Sorry, need to vent it all on here so I can continue to remain professional in my eBay comms :D 

9. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    I saw that, I was thinking, your getting a bloody good deal on that. I gotta say, this person must be ******ed because I remember reading and it did specifically say Legends and it was the Legends one in the pic.

10. Charsiupao

Charsiupao Well-Known Member

Well, she did. Perhaps we should ask her the same question.. =)

11. cuad

cuad VOK EMISSARY

News Credits:
    I'm on your side... eBay should be on your side too. After all, they get their fees from you.

12. MetroBub

MetroBub 49ers Fan

I dont think ebay will side with the buyer. As others have stated. You show a clear picture of the item and its in the item description. Besides.... I think the buyer rec'd the item, realized they could find it cheaper and now is trying to get the money back.

13. tfmad2010

tfmad2010 Oh Hai Internet!

News Credits:
    I agree that it was probably some kid saying he wanted a ROTF Devastator and when the parents bought it, the kid said he wanted the big one.

Wow, the bitch, She's either knew about it and are being a bitch or she found out after the auction about it.

14. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    That round of eBay sales weren't as smooth as they could be for you man :( 

You've done everything correctly, just remain polite but firm, and keep the comms. As has been said, she's wanted the Supreme one but didn't do her research, unfortunate that, but not your fault. As a private seller, you've no obligation to refund for her mistake; if you were registered as a Business Seller, you'd have to refund.

She'll probably file a SNAD complaint, but the item was exactly as decribed/pictured, so you should be fine.

15. jamspeed

jamspeed Follow me on Instagram _jamspeed_

Ebay:
    It will be interesting to see what happens. About the only other thing you could have done is placed a ruler or penny for scale in the photo, as she wouldn't know what a legends class toy is. Still she is kinda dumb for not knowing what she bought.

16. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    She got the better one anyway.

17. Sunstorm9119

Sunstorm9119 "Ambitiose Sed Ineptum"

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm not sure how you could've been any more clear on what you were selling. It appears this person screwed up and wants to hang you with her stupidity.....

18. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I know, right?

Luckily, no more messages from crazy woman, so hopefully it stays that way. She might just have gone off with her tail between her legs. Also no negative feedback yet...
    Hope I haven't spoken too soon.

Some actual good news though, is that the package I sent to China arrived today, so I need to shout out to xterry for the address translation. Dude, if you're reading this, you are awesome and I owe you one! :bowdown: 

19. motorhead9999

motorhead9999 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, you're in the right on this one dude. You specifically mentioned it was legends class in the listings. Guaranteed you'll end up getting negative feedback, but you should win the dispute fairly easily. The only issue you might have is if they do the douche move and file a chargeback against you. Then it'll suck. But not much you can do. They might even back down once they realize that they'll have to foot the return shipping back to you.

20. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    Glad the Chinese one worked out, hope the Devvy one ends in a similarly good way. Nothing you can do now apart from wait to see if she trys a claim or leaves a neg.