What bothers me about Goldner's last message.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Satan Santa, Aug 26, 2006.

1. Satan Santa

Satan Santa Knows you've been naughty

Okay, so he's trying to tell us the look and feel have to be different because there are elements in a live action feature that can't be glossed over the way they can be in a cartoon. Fine...

So that would imply they will at least try to keep the characters alive, right? No reason to change them for the non-fans. And, he did mention Megatron was an important link to the past, right? So it really seems like he wants us to believe there was an effort made.

But then look at what he says about "StarCream". Goldner, have you even watched a single episode of the G1 show? Read a single G1 comic? "Starscream is loyal"??? Right, I guess that's why he was reduced to ash for his treasons.

I can't believe people are accepting this stall as an explanation of any sorts. It's real easy for him to say Starscream is "duplicitious", because that isn't even a word, and I guess he doesn't even expect anyone to realize that, but are we going to buy this and actually swallow that he's done any research at all? In my opinion, he doesn't know what he's talking about, and more importantly, doesn't much care.

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Starscream is loyal though. He's a coward, and will only try to take power when he sees a clear opening. When there is no opening to exploit, he does whatever Megatron says, and often does it very well.

If he wasnt somewhat loyal, Megatron would never trust him to fire him in gun mode. Starscream could always break Megatron while he's in that mode, or use Megatron to take out Soundwave and anyone else that may oppose his eventual rise to power. But time and time again, Starscream is almost almost always the one to use Megatron while he's in his alternate mode.

3. Kittie Rose

Kittie Rose Banned

I have to agree with both posts.

Santa, you took the quote out of context - he said he was loyal but ready to mutiny at any moment, which to me describes Starscream quite well.

Starscream doesn't really hate Megatron. Starscream comes off as a bit of a sociopath rather than a complete asshole. He DOES often follow Megatron's orders because he tends to enjoy what he does, and he seems to enjoy fighting alongside Megatron. He probably would be "loyal" to Megatron if he wasn't his superior, but his equal.

That said, that doesn't necessarily count for anything. Until we see evidence of it being in the movie, I remain unimpressed. Just because Brian Goldner understands doesn't mena everyone else does.

4. RHansen

RHansen Sir. Ranbotnic Veteran

News Credits:
    duplicitous
    adj : marked by deliberate deceptiveness especially by pretending one set of feelings and acting under the influence of another; "she was a deceitful scheming little thing"- Israel Zangwill; "a double-dealing double agent"; "a double-faced infernal traitor and schemer"- W.M.Thackeray

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=duplicitous&x=54&y=12

he just misspelled it. It's most definately a word my friend.

5. WWMEGATRON

WWMEGATRON Well-Known Member

Goldner is just like any other corporate executive ; what THEY thought was " cool" and " woud be appealing to the fans " turns into an all outrage and realize the BIG mistake they have created. In a period less than 24 hrs after that " thing" was leaked , tries to do " damage control " without providing any real answers in two letters. I wonder if they are thinking now if it was worth it , not to give the license for the movie , but by giving it to Hollywood and have Bay recreating the robots. In concept that is !!!.

6. Alareth

Alareth Member

Of course you completely ignore the fact that MICHAEL BAY DIDN'T DESIGN THE BOTS FOR THE MOVIE.

7. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

He knows that we as a fan base, have some power that would decide if this film would flop or not. He is trying to gain our trust, respect and votes all over again. Why ?
    Because he knows that most of us in the fan-base would never ever accept the desgin, ideas and concepts that they bet on, in this film. He knew the risks and now, when he read the comments on the last leaked pics, he got scared and understood that their production choices were totally off.
    The way I see it, this film has no hope at all. I am not going to see it.

8. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    From what I've heard second hand from an official involved in the movie/Transformers is that fans are lucky Starscream's a jet, let alone anything else about him. Makes you wonder if Hasbro/Paramount aren't as "eye to eye" as they try to make us believe.

9. Satan Santa

Satan Santa Knows you've been naughty

I never mentioned Bay, nor did I mention who designed the movie characters.

10. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    yes you did.

11. Random Autobot

Random Autobot Soviet Kanukistani

No, that was WWMegatron, judging by the originally quoted post.

As for Bay and the robot designs. No, he didn't do the actual designs, but he certainly gave his "vision" of what Transformers should be (because he knows oh so well) to the design team. On top of this, he gets final approval, judging by the shots we've seen. So yes, the blame for these hideous things that they are calling transformers lies, ultimately, with Michael Bay.

12. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Indeed, it's time to shut down this perpetual arguement that these robot designs are being forced on Michael Bay against his will. There isn't a lick of logic in that.

13. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Eh

I hate treacherous Starscream. If he isn't executed after failing to take control it makes a mockery of whatever fiction he's in. I hated the no reprecussion treachery found in the G2 comic and War Within stories and they are otherwise my favorite G1 related stories.