What Botcon Thunderclash would improve the set

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by videriant, Mar 22, 2009.

1. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So far we have the following in the boxset:
    1) Kup (Cybertron Red Alert - deluxe, retool)
    2) Scourge (Cybertron Sideways - deluxe,retool)
    3) Landshark (Energon Landmine - ultra)
    4) Flak (Cybertron D Scattorshot - voyager, retool)

The four above seemed to get mixed review. We all have our guesses on Thunderclash (E. Rodimus, E. deluxe OP) and we don't know when the next preview will be. My question is which Thunderclash would lock this set up as a must have? Here's my two picks + one.

1) Energon Leader Fatimus Prime cab only + one attendee set with repainted Wingsaber
    2) Classics Prime done up in blue a la powered convoy
    Added:
    3) Cybertron Leader Prime

2. Solscud007

Solscud007 Banned

News Credits:
    uh ok. I dont see how a Blue Classics Prime would find a way in to the set. But i would love a blue prime.

So far the only figure I like is Flak. I have yet to see what the attendee exclusive and other exclusives are

3. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's seems very unlikely given what has already been seen, but I think TF:Cybertron Optimus Prime would be a great choice for Thunderclash. It's got the weaponed-out truck mode, and the chest-plates could be painted to resemble the old toy. Might even be able to get away with no head remold as well, given the head can show a mouth.

4. DJ Soundwave

DJ Soundwave Action Figure Master

I think that Thunderclash will be the Deluxe Armada Prime, or the Deluxe size Energon Prime from the TRu twopack .

5. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would prefer energon prime w/ trailer and everything. I think that mold would look great in vehicle mode painted up like Thunderclash. But given that Flak and Landshark are big molds I wouldn't expect it. Though it would be cool, I'd be ok with cybertron prime too.

Thunderclash just needs to be a prime with a trailer. :) 

6. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    wasnt thunderclash released before machine wars prime? I pretty sure he was, like skyquake came before machine wars ss. imagine if the did the whole botcon set with euro exclusives with clench thrown in there somewhere.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2009
  7. videriant

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm not asking what you think the likely Thunderclash mold will be, I'm asking what could it be that would vastly improve this set for all the naysayers.

:p  I figured a Classics Blue Prime as Thunderclash would make as much sense as a Kup as an emergency SUV, a scourge shaped more like a cyclonus, a Flak who's not the Flak, and a Landshark.

I left the Cybertron OP off due to size. Classics Prime's pretty small.

8. lastmaximal

lastmaximal Hellspark

News Credits:
    FP tends to not reuse molds from year to year, so Classics Prime is likely to be off the list [he was used just last year].

We're not likely to get a Prime mold that has a trailer [the set already has one each of Voyager and Ultra class]. I would like to see Energon Rodimus done up in Thunderclash colors, if only because (a) they haven't used that mold yet, or in fact recolored it beyond Checkpoint and (b) I'd prefer it to the deluxe Energon Prime mold.

9. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I actually hope he's the Leader Energon Prime without the trailer and drones. AND he has the original head without the face plate.

I like the idea of Energon Wing Saber as an extra, too... even though that mold looks pretty, but has no articulation.

10. GALAXY WARRIOR

GALAXY WARRIOR KO-CONVOY

him being a prime. will up the appeal of the set. but i have a sinking feelings of disappointment. i couldnt be more disinterested in landshark and flak. they could have at least done flak in his correct colors. and landshark???? really! first off its a mattel owned name which is odd that they can use it but even beyond that who the hell wants that mold yet again....snoozefest. but its the same plan as with the joecons. lets use a name everyones knows and loves lets use molds that no one can stand and lets include tons of made up guys to fill out the pack.

11. ChErikS

ChErikS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree, and I think of the two the most likely is the Armada Prime.

12. videriant

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't think it's going to be Classics Prime either, I'm just saying that if they did do a blue prime, the attractiveness of the set would skyrocket. It would be the perfect irony for Funpub.

"Kup as repainted red alert? That doesn't even look like him. Didn't we just get a repaint of him last year? This is the fourth time the mold's been used."

"Scourge's a repaint of sideways? That mold looks more like a pre-cybertron cyclonus then a scourge. Didn't we just get a repaint of him last year?"

"Landshark looks like a$$."

"Flak is a repainted scattorshot? He's not even the right color. Didn't we just get two repaints of him last year? Overload is a better Flak. This is the fourth time the mold has been used."

"Thunderclash as a repainted classics prime? He's not even the right color. Didn't we just get three repaints on him last year? Heck, one of those repaints was Botcon's. This is the seventh time the mold is used.
    Boy I'm glad I got this set."

P.S. I'm going to add Cybertron Prime to the list. Unlikely, but it would definitely up the opinion on the set. =D

13. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    Marvel Crossovers Thor done with a different head in powder blue.

14. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I say Sharticon from Energon. If a truck can be called LandSHARK, make the toy of a shark be a character that was a truck.

BTW: Is this the 'largest' set Botcon has put out. A Voyager & Ultra in the same box with 2 deluxes & another charcter. Last year had 2 Voyagers. Any other sets has so many large toys? Maybe Thunderclash is going to be a scout (Cybertron Armourhide maybe) or a minicon.

15. GALAXY WARRIOR

GALAXY WARRIOR KO-CONVOY

thats what im worried about.

16. lastmaximal

lastmaximal Hellspark

News Credits:
    i would personally love a Cyb Amorhide recolor, but they already used the mold for 2007's Autobot Huffer.

17. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

A Leader-class Thunderclash from Cyb. OP would absolve this set of any other sins of mediocrity. A big toy like that WOULD be a fitting 25th Anniversary splurge.

Doubt it'll be the case, but I guess we'll know soon enough! :) 

The fact that it is the last one revealed makes me think FP must be proud of it... don't they usually leave the "best" (which of course is purely subjective) figure for last? In 2007 the heavily-remolded Thrust was the last one previewed, and last year (aside from bonus fig Ricochet) the last box-set figure previewed was Starscream (a figure that few people really embraced, but that FP likely THOUGHT they would embrace). Hopefully that bodes well for Thunderclash.... an Energon Rodimus or Fatimus would be a bit anticlimactic.