What attracts you to the movie universe?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Bass X0, May 9, 2009.

1. myhobby

myhobby Back From Outer Space

probably because it has "transformers" in the name
    and soundwave is just icing on the cake!

bonecrusher's tail weapon, oh yeah!

2. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    The name 'Transformers' attracts me to it. Then a general interest in CGI. After that I'm really only attracted due to a sort of car crash curiosity.

That and it creates such entertaining internet drama between people. :) 

3. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

The fan war. Just something so funny about the way fans attack or defend the film with such passion that you can't find in the other sectors of Transformers fandom. At this point it hardly seems to matter if I'll like the film or not because I know the battles over the movie on the internet will be far more entertaining than anything else I could watch this year.

4. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Live action setting with VFX that firmly set the robots into reality- robot design aside, that is.

Also, when to opposing robts see each other, they actually go to war and not just stand there lobbing insults and talking tough to each other.

5. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:

6. FreddyGruesum

FreddyGruesum Well-Known Member

amen! although I loved that crappy cartoon it was still goofy so peopel complainin about the corny parts are confused idiots! Kinda liek someone complaing about Eminem randomly bashing celebrities when they ask for him to come back to his old ways

7. Bayless

Bayless Well-Known Member

i wanted to see REAL transformers. i dont care for the cartoon because of the designs or the style really. i love that the movie took a real approach.

8. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    Ugh... people have to see it context : the G1 cartoon is still great on it's own merits. The movie verse doesn't detract from that and vice versa.

9. AlphaOmegaBlurr

AlphaOmegaBlurr Many paths to choose.

News Credits:
    The incredible effects. That and the complicated drawings I have to draw. Devs took me 20 some hours.

10. Alexander Quinn

Alexander Quinn Well-Known Member

I just like Transformers in general. I liked the first movie, though you could fill a container the size of the moon with all of its ******ed points and plot holes. Still, I liked it for its entertainment value, explosions, awesome CG and its ability to take me out of my depressing world for 2 hours to watch bigass robots beat the snot outta each other. I think Shia is kinda funny and Megan is hot; and that's about the extent of my movie flair. I think Animated probably has a more thought out story as a whole, but as long as my eyes are dazzled for two hours ROTF will please me.

As for the toyline - I like it because it's different. Each line has a different take on how the toys should look and transform and I really dig that. Animated, Universe and the Movie Line all offer some really cool aspects; I just wish they would continue the previous two rather than deluging the market with the movie style for what will probably be the next 18 to 24 months. Even if they do, that'll just make me more interested to see what comes up next, and how that'll differ from what we have now.

11. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

while i do find the cgi to be mouthwateringly delicious some of the designs kill it for me and the story/characerization of the first one lowered any hopes for the second one.

I would compare it like this, I like animated and its primarily because the robots on both sides are very human and you can get into their characters that is the same with any good transformers series.

The movie I couldnt care less about any of the characters and that is pretty much because that is not as important to the director as explosions and propaganda. Remove the cgi and there is ZERO reasons to watch the movie. It doesnt add to transformers it detracts and simplifies a great mythology, horribly!

12. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pretty much the same reasons I like the movieverse.

A big CGI, badass looking, Cullen-voiced Optimus Prime also helps.

13. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    What attracts me to Movieverse? Well, just the simple fact that TRANSORMERS has been realized with near-perfect excution in this reality; The Realism of the Robots, the Transformers-esque story (Autobots vs. Decepticons), combined with the Human story of Sam Witwicky and co., the battles and just seeing these characters larger-than-life on screen. Its a dream come true for me.

14. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I seriously can't believe you actualy found a way of complaining on a POSITIVE TOPIC.

15. Zombiedude

Zombiedude Junkion Warrior

The designs mostly.

The mythos,

And the open-ended-ness of the character introduction. (With the autobots "scattered across the stars" really anyone could show up at any moment. It's not like other series where everyone still lived on Cybertron so any character introduction they had to come all the way from there...)

And the designs...*still waiting on stand-alone CG pics for the rest of the cast*

16. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ummm...what? Of course this is the case, all of the robots are CGI. If there were no robots it wouldn't be Transformers. And I love the movie universe because it makes the idea of Transformers a reality. Save for the fact that I already know, the movie bots never look anything but believable.

17. tehKOREANdude

tehKOREANdude Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    megan fox

18. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    Sad thing is, I can believe it.

19. AMG

AMG Old School

First and foremost, it's Transformers. The brand attracted me to it initially. I also like seeing TFs in all their CGI glory, so much detail.

Oh and I can't forget the awesomeness that is movie Prime and Megatron. Those two are the stars of the show for me.

20. Ruthie

Ruthie Well-Known Member

I agree with this in part. I wasn't so much "let down" by A&D, as I was somewhat underwhelmed. I saw where they were going and how they wanted to get there, but it was just too much to cover in 4 issues per angle and it felt more rushed than comics usually do.

My interest in the movieverse is waning-but that's normal. One can't keep a passion going at the same level for all time, it ebbs and flows. Overall I appreciate the sense of wonder, awe and "magic" that the movieverse presents. I hope TF2 keeps that vibe.