What are your Wives/GF's Reaction To your TF collecting

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Attobot2006, May 7, 2010.

1. SwindlesShop

SwindlesShop Kenny Power's drug dealer

News Credits:
    my gf's fine with it, she even has an account on here.

2. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    That's a great idea:

Woman: "So, what's in this room? You know...the one where the door's always shut?"

You: "Toy rob---ERRR---storage room!" :D 

3. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    My current girlfriend was already a Transformers fan when I met her. She buys me stuff and I buy her stuff.

My previous girlfriend hated it all though and kept nagging me to sell my collection and spend the money on her. Kicked that bitch to the kerb.

4. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    She's folded up in box right now, but let me pump her up and try asking her.

5. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

My girlfriend is also a TF fan. She collects Legends and Robot Heroes and has a ton of them all out on display in their own cabinet. Plus she lets me have my own room just for my collection in our 3 bedroom house and every birthday and Christmas I get massive hauls of figures from her.

So yeah, I'd say she is VERY supoortive. Plus she watches G1, Animated and Beast Wars episodes with me and loves all 3 movies. She has even been known to read the comics from time to time.

Couldn't ask for more! :cool: 

6. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    My fiancee tolerates it, and finds it amusing (in a good way). She shows my collection off to her friends that comes over to the house lol.

7. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

Did you ever decide on the whether you were going to do the Grimlock cake topper thing?

I remember seeing that thread not too long ago.

8. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Have learned to keep anything toy related away from them. It seems to whittle away at the respect factor. It's not the toys, it's my obsession to collect them that drives them away.
    Showing them the old G1 collection can be cute, but when they start noticing Im still buying them, it's not good. Lots of sex & chocolate helps, but the sounds of plastic joints clicking in the night can be bad.
    Trying to quietly remove the figures from those plastic trays, only to come down to that last tiny twist tie that causes all kinds of noise. :lol 

Atleast TF's you have the excuse of 'just transforming them ' , but they're usually smarter to bite on that one.
    Good luck with the GI Joe /Star Wars excuses. "Just posing" them is less effective.

9. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    My fiance is a long time board member, so that pretty much answers that right there.

10. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    My wife has a lot of hobbies. She's a photographer so she admires my photos of the collection, gives me technical notes, and she's borrowed my light box for her use. Plus she likes rock hunting, so every Botcon I find her a Rock Lord. :lol 

11. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    That might have been someone else...though mine got an Animated Arcee and Blurr for our cake topper.

12. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    I actually met my girlfriend through a mutual friend that noticed we had a lot of interests in common, chief among them epic nerd stuff. So she's totally fine with it and encourages it. She's got a few figures, though not as many as me. But she's totally into the whole scifi/fantasy/superhero/intranets nerd culture.

13. M3GATRON

M3GATRON Well-Known Member

She says as long as i have display cases for them shes cool with it. Its when i have them scattered all over the apartment that she hates.

14. Cornholiocon

Cornholiocon Up the irons!

My wife just laughs and shakes her head, usually after making some wiseass comment. Good times.

15. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I never understand why people give up things that make them happy, to "grow up".

My gf is fine with it, because she has her purses and her lotions she shells out a ton more than I do on that stuff.

If someone isn't willing to accept your hobbies and interests then I think that person isn't right for you.

Not that toys are more important than people, well ok some people they are, but it's the principal of the thing.

Girl’s on the most part seem to not form strong bonds with their toys or shows as guys do.

I mean where are all the My Little Pony, Rainbow Bright, JEM, Cabbage Patch web sites?

That aren't ran by guys mind you.

16. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There isn't anything wrong with rock collecting, I have a ton of fossils/crystals my self, and in no way am I mocking your wife.

But in the scenario that a girl was against me buying toys/toys in general, but expected me to go look for rocks with her all day I would have to flip out.

17. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Is this a reply to me? Just asking because I wasn't quoted.

My wife isn't against me buying toys, at all. She'd be fine buying me toys, she would just have no idea how to find something I wanted but didn't have. I have gone to the beach with her and spent part of the time agate hunting. It's time spent together so I don't mind. She wants to go panning for gold too and I'd be willing to give it a shot.

18. Matt_M

Matt_M Snarkabot

News Credits:
    I keep mine at my work office, or in the closet. Everyone's happy.

19. Nez Pierce

Nez Pierce @evildanish

News Credits:
    I've found that as my wife and I were becoming closer in our dating days that her opinion has changed for the worse, but she is still tolerant, if not overly enthused. For our first christmas she bought me Cryo Scourge and that motorcycle that is vaguely reminiscent of Scooter from GoBots...
    Her father made a comment about "all the dead inventory" in reference to my collection, or at least the 20% that was on display at the time...I replied by asking how his garage full of used everything was doing (it's about 20 by 40 feet)...then started pointing out how my "dead inventory" has appreciated or at least retained some of its value should I decide to sell...he said "then sell it, otherwise it's still dead stock". We went back and forth for awhile ...both of us being stubborn cusses, we let the discussion fizzle out.

20. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    My girlfriend doesn't care either way. There's little, if any, negative impact on her. It even gives her some joy as she occasionally puts my robits and other toys in sexual positions when I'm not around.