What are your thoughts on who the opening scene decepticon is?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by hoots, Jun 6, 2008.

1. hoots

hoots Well-Known Member

Many published reports here in bethlehem (where i live) that the opening scene will be humans fighting against a decepticon who emerges from the bethlehem steel stacks.

Now, i dont want to talk about if those reports are real or not. Lets assume they are? What decepticons fit this scenario? Ofcourse it could be anyone in a new mold but im trying to think what they could use from G1 that makes sense here.

Im coming up empty? Any thoughts?

Maybe they are putting megs back togethor? But i would guess it is a new char to open up the 2nd movie? the constructicons seem possible but that is one hell of an opening to use them in the first scene?

Any ideas?

2. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, the Call Sheet says that Arcee and the Icecream truck says that they chase Decepticon R8... and we know from reports and the Call Sheet that there is an Audi R8 on site for filming. So, that's probably your Decepticon unless there is more than one in the opening scene. Given that it's a car I'll say it's either an all new character or Runabout/Runamuck. Of course... it really could be anyone to be honest. It's not a lot to go on.

3. hoots

hoots Well-Known Member

Yeah, i was just trying to think of a G1 character that could "emerge from a smokestack" that could make atleast some type of sense.

Maybe Insecticons or something?

I dunno.... Sounds like a new character or new alt for an existing char but the closer they can keep things to g1 the better as far as im concerned.

4. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    could always be a Protoform that climbs out

5. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    My theory is that since Optimus' call went out, and since Starscream has been searching for more Decepticons, both Autobots and Decepticons have been arriving on Earth for a while. However, the Decepticons are outnumbering the Autobots 100 to 1, and so the military put together a special group that is designed specifically for taking out the Decepticons that come to Earth. It would explain why only Optimus, Ironhide, Arcee and the Twins would be there (Ratchet is a medic, not a warrior, and Bumblebee would be looking after Sam).

6. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Now you're generalizing on that.

Fact is we don't know the actual bot-con ratio.

The Con's usually has the size and firepower advantage as seen in the first movie.

But you are correct the Bots have home field advantage as they have help from the locals.

7. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    I have a few guess,some are the same as others I'm sure:
    1)Dead End
    2)Wildrider
    3)Runabout
    4)Runamuck

Or a completely different character.

8. Harlequin Daniel

Harlequin Daniel Captain Grumpy

I think that it'll play out like this:
    We see "something" or a couple of somethings (that we the audience see as "entry mode" TFs) strike the steelworks.
    The next day, a biker gang of chicks is pursued by coppers.

They enter the Steelworks, and one of them is scanned by one of the TFs (which explains why Arcee is "female" she scanned the rider as well as the bike).

Then a hulking Decepticon attacks, leading to hte police calling for help - and NEST arriving.

9. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

I just get the feeling the R8 is sound wave. That just would fit him as its a bad ass looking car and the grill could be made to resemble his chest plate of which we already know barricade had frenzy pop out of his chest similar to that.

The decepticon im thinking is soundwave since he is the big reveal for this movie.

10. ShawtyGee

ShawtyGee Well-Known Member

well the problem with that is that he was confirmed earlier and on the call sheet all the robots on this scene have their name on the call sheet. I don't see Soundwave on the call sheet. My guess is Rumble.

11. ShawtyGee

Another thing is that Bay is using characters who didn't make the first movie.
    Wheeljack,Prowl, and Arcee was the only autobot that didn't make the first movie from the original movie line. Arcee been confirmed

As far as the Decepticon go. Soundwave,Rumble,Ravage,Laserbeck,Skywarp,Shockwave
    and a Wreckage style character name Stryker didn't make the first one.
    I personal have a CGI picture of Stryker a green version of Wreckage. Now Soundwave been confirmed so now we have left Skywarp, Shockwave Rumble and Laserbeck and Ravage.

Jetfire was on a USA Today poll, which featured Grimlock, Ultra Magnus, Hot Rod, Shockwave, Insecticons, etc. I don't remember how he finished on there. But I was thinking when that poll came out that alot of the new characters would come from that poll and how they fair on the poll would decide if they live or die during part 2.

12. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:

Soundwave is see Bumblebee. One thing StawtyGee it's Lazorbreak not Laserbeck.

13. ShawtyGee

Its ShawtyGee not StawtyGee:confused: 

14. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You know... I had the same thoughts about that one. Though, didn't Jetfire either get the win or second place? I'm thinking that's a likely scenario...

15. ShawtyGee

16. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Okay, so Soundwave was first with Grimlock & Devastator tieing for second and Jetfire at third.

And than they have Ultra Magnus and Shockwave comming in as fourth and fifth respectively.

Honestly, I hope all six of those guys make it into the movie...

17. Cyber_Tronian

Cyber_Tronian Well-Known Member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Spiderus Prime View Post
    Soundwave is see Bumblebee. One thing StawtyGee it's Lazorbreak not Laserbeck.

LMAO

18. ShawtyGee

Well someone said Wheeljack will be a SAAB

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers...car-to-be-wheeljack-in-transformers-2-165093/

Would make a nice altmode for him.