What are your thoughts on KREO Transformers?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Megatron1, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Megatron1

Megatron1 Decepticon LEADER

Hello. It's me, Megatron, leader of the Decepticons.

The KREO Transformers building sets have been out for a while now, but do you have them? What do you think of them?

Me personally, I think they're OK. Soundwave game some sets to me for Christmas. But the problems arise when they fall apart too easily when you build them in robot mode. Plus, the set with me looks NOTHING LIKE ME!

LOOK!
    [​IMG]

So, what do YOU think of Kreo Transformers?

2. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
  3. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    I haven't gotten any yet, but I plan to get a few sometime.

Oh, and Megatron, in your face! My figure looks almost exactly like me! :lol 

4. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

Hate them. Bloody Lego rip off they are.:mad 

5. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I've not got any. I wish they actually transformed rather than had to be taken apart to change mode. There's some great examples of transforming Lego TF online and didn't someone make an actual transforming G1 Optimus using Kre-O sets? I also feel they're overpriced, at least here in the UK. I suppose prices are comparable to Lego here though. I just look at the big Optimus and Sentinel sets and think you could get a proper transforming Leader or Ultimate class figure of them for less cost.
    I look at Kre-O and feel it's a bit half-assed.
    The only thing about it I'm interested in are the mini TF figures that come with them. Sell those on their own and I'd be grand.

6. alldarker

alldarker M.A.S.K. Crusader

News Credits:
    Very poorly designed Lego rip-offs. I have no interest in these AT ALL. Waste of oil, energy and cardboard packaging.

7. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If I was a kid when they came out, I would have loved them. Since I'm 33, I'm not going to buy them. That's pretty much how I feel about them.

8. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Totes agree with you, mang. LEGO has been the ONLY brick-building company for 50+ years. These Kreo-O bastards had to come along and ruin it for everyone.

9. Strarf

Strarf Toy Battles Reloaded TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think they're awesome. Have every set released so far.

10. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'm not exactly a fan of them, but I don't hate them. The only future set that really interests me atm, is the Wheelack vs. Knock Out set we've heard about, and I'm waiting to see how they look, and how much the set will cost, before putting too much thought into it.

I'm looking forward to their expansion into non-Transformers sets. I just really hope Hasbro doesn't try to get the Star Wars licensing from Lego. They're a bit pricey yes, but Lego's been doing them right for quite some time, and I can't imagine Hasbro doing any good with it.

Honestly, the only theme that would get me to buy most, if not all, of the sets, is something that'll never happen...

11. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    As I said in that other thread, forget about the instructions and make your own transformable Kre-O Transformers!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. ahro23

ahro23 Omnibot

I own a bunch of the sets and I'm enjoying them. I wish the original designers put together instructions to make them transform (instead of tearing them down) but it just comes down to how creative you are :) 

13. Methusalen

Methusalen Not good enough for G1!

News Credits:
    1: The Role-Playing is getting old.

2: I have the large Bumblebee & Optimus sets, as well as the Jazz one.
    I only paid full price for the Jazz set, the other two I found at Goodwill ($5 for BB, $20 for Prime, both missing the Kreons).

3: They would make a killing if they released the Kreons individually in a blind box style, like Megabloks is doing with their Halo & Hello Kitty figures, Lego is doing with their Minifigs, & K'Nex is doing witht their Mario Kart drivers...

14. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    I think they're awesome, but

a) They don't sell them here

b) I gave up on legos because two collecting hobbies was just too much on my wallet (er, also because everyone kept destroying my legos accidentally)

15. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

I would never pay full price for them,but for as cheap as I've been getting the sets,I think they're pretty cool.

16. Thunderjet

Thunderjet Well-Known Member

I got Kreo jazz and it was meh, I don't get it are they like transforming mechs with the little robot guy or something? I don't understand how that is supposed to work. I'm sorry, but I'll stick with the toys that actually transform.

17. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I love the little minifigures of the Transformers themselves. However, I do not like the quality of the Kreo bricks themselves. Compared to Lego, they suck. I got the Jazz set & bought the rest of the figures on eBay.

18. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    What's wrong with the quality? They're the same save for some special pieces not offered by Lego.

19. MoonStreakr

MoonStreakr Heroic Decepticon

I love them. I've got Optimus, sentinel, sarscream, Ratchet and prowl. All purchased on clearance at various different stores. I couldnt pull the trigger at regualr prices but at clearance prices i definitely feel like i got a bargan. They take me back to my childhood lego building and they're fun. Not the best looking but their articulation is awesome.

The only thing I really dislike about them are their hands. Just ugly blocks with holes.

20. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I'd say that the plastic quality is on par with Lego. If anything, the ball joints are made out of what appears to be thick rubber. It's a little weird, but it seems to work okay. I'm guessing it keeps the ball and socket consistently tight.

p.s. I want the barrels and claws/fingers from the Megatron set.