What are your thoughts on FLORO DERY?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by shroobmaster, Dec 18, 2010.

1. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Half part of many childhood's, half a paranoid weirdass jerk, that is Floro Dery, the man behind the look of many G1 cartoon robots and actualy the designer for the original Season 3 ones and I wonder, what do you guys think about what he did?

Personally I love his designs, robots like Kup, Rodimus, Wheelie and Cyclonus still remain favorites of mine and it amazes me even more that the creator of such classic and beloved characters seems to not give a single bit of shit about any of 'em and even seemed to take his job as a ... some kind of joke.

That is why Floro Dery is amazing. He could be like another Derrick Wyatt nerding over his new show or a Hasbro designer truly happy with his work for a new figure, but no, he is not like that, he is a man that shows total apathy and even a bit of disdain for his work that influenced a whole generation of kids and STILL goes online to argue with geeks about it and act like he developed the whole franchise in interviews! I can only dream of the day anybody will understand the head of that man.

2. The Madness

The Madness News Credits: -13

The man is an enigma. Even though his designs were fantastic, and his artistic style unique. I love him more for the things he's said or alleged to have said.
    He is truly a talented eccentric.

3. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

I wish there was one consolidated archive of all the crazy things he's said. I'll do a google search in a minute.

WTF@TFW had some great jokes about Floro Derry in their first "season" of podcasts. Hilarious stuff.

4. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    Its not unusual for creative ppl resenting things that made them popular for reasons they did not expect it. Its possible he thought then TF was just a flash in the pan and long term popularity can never be fully predicted.

Or the fact hes just a weirdo.

5. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    I loved when he claimed we all just hated him because he was a Filipino.

Then someone pointed out that Don Figueroa is originally a Filipino too. (That was long before Don's new style.)