Customs: What are your plans for the ROTF line?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by RodimusDawg, Feb 15, 2009.

1. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If any I assume. And I understand if no one wants to share their ideas openly and exposed so be as vague as you feel you need to be.

I for one after heavily looking at the Devastator pics and the weighing the possibility of the rabbit ears just being a mis-transformation. I think I may actually pick up the $100 set once it goes on clearance which it will there is no avoiding that one.

And to further redeem it. It can be repainted to look more movie accurate. I was comparing the figure to the ILM pic of him and I think that is all the is missing. Yeah it sucks that they don't transform but I will be able to have a Devastator already combined and then the 6 individual bots to display also. A little excessive yes but I think it would be nice to have.

Leader Prime is definitely getting a metallic drybrushing treatment and detailing. I am really glad I saved my movie accurate gun from the first movie Leader Prime that I never finished and now lies in pieces scattered about.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I like Sideswipe and he is definitely getting a repaint into another blue corvette like car. And is definitely going to be leaving some "Tracks".

Attached Files:

2. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz Am I doin it rite? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Repaints and minor mods my friend. They all need it just like the first movies figures. Plus a bunch of different characters as well but that I am not going to say but it is many.

3. doomtron

doomtron seeker

News Credits:
    rotf sideswipe into rid prowl! and maybe a g1 too. i think that head would make an interesting fit for universe cyclonus as well.

4. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    too many to list. I am excited. I probably won't sleep for a few months, but that's ok.
    I have a SIDEWAYS here with mods on him already, I anticipate chroming him out, that's the more immediate plan.

edit: changed Barricade to Sideways

Last edited: Feb 18, 2009
  5. Terrorcon_King

Terrorcon_King Has Gone Transmetal

News Credits:
    Well the first thing for me is to figure out....how to give Movie Ramjet a proper head!
    any ideas guys on this one?
    i dont really wanna just sculpt a cone onto it, but give it a completely different look?
    ideas?

6. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'm planning on getting at least one of each screen character for the collection. I don't really have any customs plans for the RotF line, aside from getting multiples of the scout motorcycle for my Alts/BTs (as the scale seems to be right on).

7. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    Well my plans are NOT to purchase ANY of the 1st release figures. I'll wait 4-6months untill the figures labeled "this-is-how-they-were-supposed-to-be-done-right-from-the-beginning" come out ... I learned my lesson from the 1st movie. I don't need 6 variations of Bumblebee, I just want one good one !.

8. Superquad7

News Credits:
    This right here.

9. anovasinn

anovasinn THE PAINTS MUST FLOW!!!

no plans until i see the toys and movie. i will be doing that killer prime gun mod though :D 

10. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hate to dig up an old thread, but I was just curious. As it seems, the new prime mold has plastic wheels yes? Has anyone thought of trying to swap the tires around from the 1st prime figure if they are roughly the same size??

11. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Really? Plastic tires? Bleech. Yeah if it is possible I swap them out. If I recall Leader Optimus from the first movie had actual rubber tires right?

12. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Feh, don't worry about a "zombie thread" like this one. It's not too old and this will be a topic that many will be interested in for quite some time with the movie coming soon! :) 

13. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks guys! I hope I'm wrong about prime coming with plastic tires, but if you look at the latest pics of him, it does look like he's got plastic wheels over rubber tires, and rodimus dawg, yes movie 1 leader had rubber tires. Now just need to find the proper tools for removing the pins, cuz I can just follow the tutorials here

14. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    I just bought about $800 worth of ROTF figures. OMFG. I couldn't resist. I have some coming that might be VERY early, even a LDR Jetfire!

15. Maximus_Prime

Maximus_Prime Graphicon

News Credits:
    HOLY CRAP.

I can't wait to see the repaints that you will do. Also if you get that Leader Jetfire I will be really happy :D 

16. TonyzCustomz

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    LOL I knew you couldn't resist when you said you would wait. Did the same thing about a week ago. My wallet Hurts

17. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    Well, seems the more I buy from this guy, the better prices I am getting. I don't plan to make these available or reveal them until the movie's hype is peaking. However, they are all quickly becoming WIPs. I now have 3 of the deluxe constructicons in my possession, and see a huge hurdle making those work as a team to combine into Devy....

18. TonyzCustomz

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yup, making friend as a consistent buyer is how to do it. I already have three sideswipes as three different wips, love that mold, want MOAR!. lol I'm getting sad looking at the constructicons, they are smaller than I thought they would be.

19. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    Well, I can say that looking at Hasbro's Devy set (the non-TFing one) and these individually, there are MAJOR scale issues. From what I've heard about the cement mixer - he'll be way too small to just mod and use in the group for a combined version. Also, rampage is too large, and long haul is too small. I was hoping all that would be needed is whipping up a method to combine them, but it seems hasbro wanted to prevent that :( 

20. TonyzCustomz

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That makes me pretty sad, really sad actually. I already knew there would be problems with the cement mixer but still. All the transformable constructicons are going to be deluxe yes?