What are your pet peeves? Staff Edit: Thread Locked Due To Politics/Constant Clean Up

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KremzeekTyCobb, Dec 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    I have quite a few, many of which are related to shopping.

People who walk slowly while shopping get on my nerves. I walk at a pretty fast pace most of the time, but especially when I'm shopping. I just want to get my stuff and get out, and I know a lot of other people want to do the same. If people insist on walking slow, I wish they'd do so as far to the side of the aisle as possible, so as not to slow down the pace of others.

Also, I don't like it when people park in front of a certain section. I always say "stores are for shopping, not stopping". I get there are times people want to check out the merchandise before buying, but I wish they'd do it at a time no one else is around. Or just do some research before they even go out, so they know what they want. I generally know what I want before I even go to the store, so I just grab what I need in one swift motion without blocking several feet of store shelf.

In short, if everyone shopped briskly, stores would be a less tedious place.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    right? cover up your knees if you're gonna be walking around everywhere!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Sixwing

Sixwing You have chosen poorly

Thank you! I hate spending a long time in most stores. The only exceptions are used book stores and used video game stores.

• Like Like x 1
  4. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    Definitely yeah, I was mostly referring to supermarkets and such.

• Like Like x 1
  5. AgentAlabama113

AgentAlabama113 Wily Old Buzzard

My mom's habit of needing me to do things not while I'm just chilling and watching YouTube or something, but when I'm in the middle of playing an online multiplayer video game, especially when I'm playing with friends.

The parking situation at my university. Gotten even worse since I've been there due to them removing parking spaces (at the history building they got rid of the teacher parking spots to just plant grass, forcing the teachers to take up spots meant for students).

To add to the previous one, when people take up multiple parking spaces.

6. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We Exist, and We DON'T Want to Date You

News Credits:
    Guys who react like a woman stepped on their penis the minute she has an opinion that doesn't match theirs.

--Moony

• Like Like x 2
  7. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

When someone uses a tea towel but doesn’t fold/hang it up neatly afterward, excluding of course when it goes to the washing machine

8. Sixwing

Agreed.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Pudglor Shmormuff

Pudglor Shmormuff Well-Known Member

People who are mentally stuck in the past, and refuse to change.

I'll use my father in-law as a perfect example, because I've never met anyone more stuck in the past than him- so here we go:

This guy....as far as I'm concerned- in some ways, he's 10 years behind, and in other ways he's 50 years behind. I'll explain.

He still uses the n-word. He's dropped the n-word on several occasions, even when the relevant parties were present, and I almost shit my pants. I was frozen in horror. Jaw hit the floor.

He doesn't like homosexuals- he says things like, "50 years ago we beat the shit out of those people. These days, I guess you have to be nice to them now..."

He believes in the traditional "The man works and the wife maintains the kitchen" dynamic- he doesn't think they should be granted more responsibilities other than managing the home.

His computer is at least 10 years old- it's a piece of shit- but he refuses to get anything new because he finds it too confusing.

And when it comes to his entertainment: Nothing but super-old black and white cowboy movies. That's ALL he watches. Nothing else.

He's stubborn as a mule, has entered stage 4 kidney disease, and refuses to listen to his doctor- doesn't care. Won't listen.

Guys like him are so set in their ways that they're going to fight, until their last breath, to live their way- and only their way.

It's their way or get out- they don't need you. They're "fine just the way they are."

When it comes to that kind of person, and I don't mean this in a hateful or morbid way- I'm just being realistic here: They'd probably be better off either dead, quarantined, or legally confined to their home.

Because the world they know, the customs they know, the traditions they know: It's all gone. Extinct.

The world around them has changed- the culture, the technology, the social dynamics- everything's changed: Except for them.

They can't understand it, they can't accept it, they can't connect with it, they constantly fight it- and it causes problems for the rest of us. We can't take them anywhere.

Unless they change (which is highly unlikely- especially for this particular guy), they'll just spend the rest of their life looking around and criticizing everything, "Back in my day, when somebody did that, everybody would grab a brick and throw it at'em. Now they just sit in time out for 10 minutes. What the Hell is THAT gonna do??"

But they're the kind of people you can't take to certain places, because their ways are so out of date and considered offensive it's like: I really don't want your dad to come along...he's gonna see something or somebody that sets him off, he's gonna drop the n-word at some point, he's gonna get hungry and aggressive, start cursing in front of children, and everybody will think he's a psychotic racist. I don't want to be there when that happens- I don't want to be seen with him- I don't want to be associated with that- do you?

If you can't change and progress with society, then honestly I don't know WTF we're supposed to do with you- I really don't....put you on an isolated island?

Develop a high-tech mask that translates all your out of date jibber jabber into acceptable progressive talk?

Hire a progressive translator to follow you around and clean up your messes like: Please don't take offense, what he really meant to say was....

When none-progressive people like him come around- my hair stands up, my muscles flex, I look around at everyone else there, and I get tense: Because I know it's only a matter of time until they say or do something that offends somebody.

It only takes 10 minutes to a half hour before, "BACK IN MY DAY, WE USED TO TIE THOSE PEOPLE TO TREES AND BEAT'EM WITH THE THICKEST BRANCHES.."- (rushes over there to stop him) OHHOHOKAY, WE'RE GONNA GET ANOTHER SNACK, WE'LL BE RIGHT BACK ^_^…(Wtf were you saying, you psychotic son of a bitch??!)

It's like babysitting- you can't leave'em alone for too long.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  10. TF rocks

TF rocks Try and stop me! Studio Trigger for Transformers!

I can't stand shopping in general, as people like my mom tend to just look at items and get more than necessary. I like to just go in and get what is needed before leaving.

Another pet peeve of mine is being next to people who like to smack their lips real loudly. A person at my work used to do that until I moved away from him and now sit in a better location.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Sixwing

I also hate it when people try to talk to you when you clearly don't want ot talk to anyone.

• Like Like x 1
  12. CyberBlade507

CyberBlade507 Well-Known Member

People who call instrumental/non-vocal music a "song". It's not a song if there's no singing, or at least vocalizing of some sort. That's what the word means.

"Everything is art" people. No, not everything is art. What someone considers art will invariably change from person to person. But overly broad definitions like that make them functionally useless. You know what, just include people giving words definitions that might as well be "everything".

When someone who "wants to like" a series makes suggestions that would gut major, important aspects in favor of something they already like (and probably already have in a different series), especially when it's just chasing a current trend (special mention: suggesting "big, open world", no-structure video games being made of series with more linear, structure-heavy design).

13. Pudglor Shmormuff

Pudglor Shmormuff Well-Known Member

People with young children who drink too much.

Now look: I understand that juggling a job, family, expenses, and everything can be stressful. I totally get that.

But I think the last thing your children need is a parent who gets hammered drunk too often- it's not a good example.

My boss has 3 kids, and he gets drunk....it seems like almost too often- like every 2 months or so...and there might even be a month where it's 2 weekends in a row- and he might even get drunk on a Tuesday and come in Wednesday morning with a hangover.

He pulls that shit, and I have to listen to him say things like, "Man, I went off the planet last night HAHAHAHA!!"- and the rest of my department will laugh, but I'm just sitting there thinking: Don't you have 3 kids and a wife? WTF are you DOING?

Again: I know a full-time job, 3 kids, a wife, pets, finances, the whole deal- that can't be easy for ANYONE to manage- I totally get that.

HOWEVER, I don't think that justifies getting drunk as often as he appears to do- I think he needs to find a better coping mechanism and handle his stress in a better way.

And when I meet parents who either A) Appear as though they might be alcoholics, or B) Clearly they're alcoholics: I wanna hit'em. It's not fair for their kids to put up with that bullshit.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Sylent

Sylent Making Cybertron great again

Lazy abbreviations on message boards. If it's something lengthy like "Dark Of The Moon" or "More Than Meets The Eye," I get it, but something like "please" and "thanks?" Come on! Those additional keystrokes aren't going to kill your chubby, little fingers.

• Like Like x 4
  15. TFtoycollector

TFtoycollector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wet Socks

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  16. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    what if the woman's opinion is that she's allowed to step on my penis?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Hot food sweating in container or air tight boxes.

Plus being shushed. Especially being shushed when there are so many loud people around me.

18. Rodimus74

Rodimus74 Well-Known Member

People.

• Like Like x 4
  19. grindcore138

grindcore138 ARF ARF!!!

News Credits:
    Whispering, it's like nails on a chalkboard to me. It's even worse on TV and movies where it's cranked up to normal speaking volume. People who enjoying whispering ASMR are fucking lunatics.

• Like Like x 2
  20. MECHSUITBRUTE

MECHSUITBRUTE Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Grown adults who walk around with runny noses and don't blow them . I just can't process how you wouldn't just blow your nose to get the boogers out , instead your going to sniffle loudly like a little child for the whole work shift , gahhh!

Also when people who take the signal light as its turning red and are passing thru the intersection as the light turns green for me, I see it so often everyone around my area just waits now as we almost expect someone to try and run the light.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.